FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Ian Black

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest birdog

And if you're one of the few who don't read your super soaraway Scum, this is the story:

Black to stay?

I just noticed this post, perhaps one of the mods could merge my thread into that one?

I would love it if Black stayed with us.

Watched him today getting about the park and doing his utmost for us, as always, today his commitment to the team was total, even when acting as a peacekeeper, UN medal for Blackie.

I think that in Butcher he has found a man, and a manager, he respects and can respond to. I hope that our Tel' can talk him into staying.

Where ever he goes I will always respect him as player and as the fine young man we have managed, that is the coaching staff have managed, to turn him into.

:rotflmao:

I'd love Ian to stay at Caley Thistle but I fear he will go the way of Wyness, Dargo, Rankin, Cowie, Bazza, et al - down the A9.

If Terry and Maurice can persuade him to stay it would be quite a coup for them to put it mildly.

Black would be stupid to change his mind and stay with ICT.

Yes - I can appreciate that logic BUT it could also be that if he stays at ICT he is practically sure to start every week, he could be the main man with a team being built around him. In that scenario he could build up his reputation and get bigger fish chasinc him. He could just blend into the background elsewhere.

Difficult but there are two main different outcome scenarios - I reckon Black went becos he was going absolutely nowhere under Brewster. I reckon that he would only stay if he knew Butcher was staying as well - so this may be a good time story all round - But we have to survive in the SPL fer the tale to come true.

Black would be stupid to change his mind and stay with ICT.

Yes - I can appreciate that logic BUT it could also be that if he stays at ICT he is practically sure to start every week, he could be the main man with a team being built around him. In that scenario he could build up his reputation and get bigger fish chasinc him. He could just blend into the background elsewhere.

Difficult but there are two main different outcome scenarios - I reckon Black went becos he was going absolutely nowhere under Brewster. I reckon that he would only stay if he knew Butcher was staying as well - so this may be a good time story all round - But we have to survive in the SPL fer the tale to come true.

IH as usual you are sooooo close, missed a few bits, but I am led to believe it hinges on a number of things, a few, or most you have mentioned already and TB staying will be a gig one, but I am led to believe Blackie will think about it, the end result will hinge on what TB can offer him and for TB that depends on where we end up, so at the moment we are in limbo, but I can live in hope.

Also, if you enjoy your job and the place you're living - why move on? What price happiness?

again, soooo close, surprisingly even after the abuse he has taken from managers, back room staff and a few of the team, not to mention the fans, he really loves Inverness and IS happy here, the one negative point i have to make is the board will have to make the final decision and TB may, like Brew have little say.

Guest Muir-Jaggie

Also, if you enjoy your job and the place you're living - why move on? What price happiness?

they might enjoy playing for a club and place there living but if a bigger club offers the player more money they will move. money makes everyone happy :rotflmao:

they might enjoy playing for a club and place there living but if a bigger club offers the player more money they will move. money makes everyone happy :rotflmao:

I'd suggest that's the voice of inexperience. Nothing could be further from the truth.