FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

From A Different Perspecive

Bronson

I have often complained on here about O.F fans sitting amongst the home fans when we play them up here, but I found myself in a role reversal situation on Wednesday night.

As many of you know I work with adults and children who have disabilities and the man i work with full time is Rangers daft, but had never been to Ibrox to see his team. So i managed to source a couple of spare season tickets at Ibrox from an accquaintance and found myself sat amongst the Rangers fans.

I sat on my hands for the entire 90 mins and had to everything in my power to stop myself leaping about when the penalty was scored!! In fact I made sure we waited till EVERY home fan had left the stadium before I was able to show my true emotions!!

It was very strange watching the game amongst opposition fans. I found that I viewed our performance through much less euphoric or expectant eyes than normal.

I thought we put in a very poor performance, but the fact that Rangers couldn't beat us makes the victory all the sweeter!

I thought our Mom was Esson, even though he started out very shakily. I thought Munro was very poor, with the exception of his goal line clearance. I thought Black was very subdued till stoppage time of course and I applaud his composure and belief to take the penalty, but his passing was poor throughout the game. Russell Duncan was terrible. How he manages to get a game is beyond me. He cant pass or shoot and to see him cost us possession time and time again was sooo frustrating. To see a professional footballer making such mistakes is embarrassing at times. His throw in that cost us possession when we were deep in Rnagers half was cringeworthy. He tried to take a quick throw and took it from so far behind the touchline that the ball bounced before it had actually entered the field of play and they ref gave the throw to them.

I was very impressed with the rest of the defence. Lionel looks so full of confidence and he was one touch from being clear through on the rangers goal.

A very attack minded team selection from butcher although morais clearly isnt fit and i thought rooney was very poor. I lost count of the number of times he lost out when challenging for headers and his first touch was poor. I believe he's better as a sub and given the last 30 mins to build confidence. Imrie looked well up for it when he came on and had one glorious pass which came closest to troubling the home defence.

I also fail to see what proctor offers to the team. Apart from winning penalties of course!

Anyway, i hope this doesn't sound over critical but it was just how i saw it. What a tremendous result and here's hoping its onward and upwards from here on in.

Actually looking forward to going to Caledonian stadium these days!!!

Guest Caleylass

I was in your position in October 2006, I took my niece and her pal to Ibrox, to watch Ranagers v ICT, like you sitting on my hands and keeping my gob tightly shut next to gers fans is not easy, spech when Graham Bayne scored the only goal and winning goal.................. I had my teeth clenched and trying so hard to hide the grin.... when i got home I was ecstatic, and will never forget it ........ I just wish I could have joined our supporters but had to travel back into the town on the underground with all the greetin rangers fans tee hee ...................

I've had one of them too. Ranger v us few years ago.

Got given two tickets in the club deck for myself and son in the game we went one nil up (Dargo's first goal for us?) when we drew 1-1

My son kept telling me to shut up or we'd get killed, I was trying to "convince" the rangers fans around me that any fan of football could surely have appreciated Dargo's goal.....

Actually the crack was quite good and we were lucky we had reasonable fans around us.

I have often complained on here about O.F fans sitting amongst the home fans when we play them up here, but I found myself in a role reversal situation on Wednesday night.

As many of you know I work with adults and children who have disabilities and the man i work with full time is Rangers daft, but had never been to Ibrox to see his team. So i managed to source a couple of spare season tickets at Ibrox from an accquaintance and found myself sat amongst the Rangers fans.

I sat on my hands for the entire 90 mins and had to everything in my power to stop myself leaping about when the penalty was scored!! In fact I made sure we waited till EVERY home fan had left the stadium before I was able to show my true emotions!!

It was very strange watching the game amongst opposition fans. I found that I viewed our performance through much less euphoric or expectant eyes than normal.

I thought we put in a very poor performance, but the fact that Rangers couldn't beat us makes the victory all the sweeter!

I thought our Mom was Esson, even though he started out very shakily. I thought Munro was very poor, with the exception of his goal line clearance. I thought Black was very subdued till stoppage time of course and I applaud his composure and belief to take the penalty, but his passing was poor throughout the game. Russell Duncan was terrible. How he manages to get a game is beyond me. He cant pass or shoot and to see him cost us possession time and time again was sooo frustrating. To see a professional footballer making such mistakes is embarrassing at times. His throw in that cost us possession when we were deep in Rnagers half was cringeworthy. He tried to take a quick throw and took it from so far behind the touchline that the ball bounced before it had actually entered the field of play and they ref gave the throw to them.

I was very impressed with the rest of the defence. Lionel looks so full of confidence and he was one touch from being clear through on the rangers goal.

A very attack minded team selection from butcher although morais clearly isnt fit and i thought rooney was very poor. I lost count of the number of times he lost out when challenging for headers and his first touch was poor. I believe he's better as a sub and given the last 30 mins to build confidence. Imrie looked well up for it when he came on and had one glorious pass which came closest to troubling the home defence.

I also fail to see what proctor offers to the team. Apart from winning penalties of course!

Anyway, i hope this doesn't sound over critical but it was just how i saw it. What a tremendous result and here's hoping its onward and upwards from here on in.

Sorry Bronson but i think sitting in amongst the bears must have rubbed of on you. Surely the players must have done something right when they beat the league leaders who have Scotlands top scorer, have also as a team scored the most goals in the league so far.As an attacking force on the night we may not have created much but as a unit we defended brilliantly.If we can do that when,according to you nearly half our team were rubbish god help the rest when the whole team click.

Sorry Bronson but i think sitting in amongst the bears must have rubbed of on you. Surely the players must have done something right when they beat the league leaders who have Scotlands top scorer, have also as a team scored the most goals in the league so far.As an attacking force on the night we may not have created much but as a unit we defended brilliantly.If we can do that when,according to you nearly half our team were rubbish god help the rest when the whole team click.

It looked pretty damn good from where I was sitting. Think you were watching wrong team Bronson, Caley were in the black strip... The whole team looked like they wanted to win and got their reward .Brilliant perfomance all round . Now .... a wee bit of the same tomorrow please to keep the smiles on our faces.

In fairness to Bronson, I must agree with some of his points of view, and surprise surprise, Russel Duncan is the first name I must pick out of those who were not having a good day.

Firstly the throw in as mentioned by Bronson - Agree 100% that it was a shambles. Secondly, I agree his passing was substandard, and first touch was poor on occations. Finally, it was humouring to see him 'try' and argue with the linesman whenever another player did and then run off as soon as the linesman looked up. lol.

Rooney too seemed to be out of sorts on Wednesday. He has certainly earned his place in the stating line up with decent sub appearances, but i just feel he lacked the confidence or drive to make an impact from the off against such a big team. I think it was Govan Jaggie I said to that I thought rooney could be our very own ole gunnar solksjaer. Excellent off the bench, but not so good at starting.

Morais also, it has to be said, didnt have the best of matches either. He seemed too weak in the challenge and in need of a bath before he went down injured.

As for the rest of the squad, i thought they were excellent. Munro and Esson clearly determined to make amends for their errors on saturday, so a special mention to them. Black seemed to play the holding role really well and, despite a couple of squared balls when he should have sent rooney/foran through the middle, he had a good game. Zadi was immence!!! (I never thought i would say that.... EVER) The new chant fully deserved!

It'll take me forever to mention how excellent the rest of the boys were individually - but we all know this is a team game and to see the confidence growing week in week out, I think to leave the game with not so much as a point would have been a very harsh injustice on arguably the best 'team' effort I have seen for some time.

A repeat performance in the Semi's at hampden park would be very sweet indeed!!!!

I was in the same position as you Bronson, sitting in thr Broomloan Stand amoungst "The bears" with my son. Although I should be the more mature one it was he who was desperately trying to keep me from blowing my cover !

When Rooney got his foot to a cross and blasted it just over I jumped off my seat, then gradually realised everyone in the near vicinity was staring at me :rotflmao:

My boy (12) then joined the huns in a chorus of "we arra peepil" in a bold attempt to cover me :thumb04:

Regarding your thoughts on player performances Bronson, I think your being extremely harsh. The players played above their level, a fantastic effort.

There is no way a team of Inverness' stature with the quality of player we can afford could possibly go to Ibrox (no matter how poorly Rangers play) and come away with a victory having not played collectivily very well .