FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Ict -v- Falkirk : Cup Day Thread

Scotty

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Muir-Jaggie

cant believe imries cross near the end of the game it was the free-kick against motherwell all over again :rotflmao:

Personally I am more cheesed off by the Lionel support on here - The guy has cost us dear - Yes it was a human error - but an error that was just waiting to happen. He looks like a sound guy - with passion and committment and desire but he is a liability at the back - full feckin stop. If he ever plays again it should be from the bench and in the middle of the park.

Note all the feckin avatars and signatures have gone. :rotflmao:

cant believe imries cross near the end of the game it was the free-kick against motherwell all over again :rotflmao:

[/quote

The sooner he stops playing up front the better, he cant finish 2 save his life

How long until the "I told you so" comments start about Lionel?

About as long as it takes IHE to find a computer.

And that'll be a never ending cycle of boredom.

I apologise fer getting it spot feckin on again - what happened to yer avatar and yer signature - Whos a saddie ? :rotflmao: :thumb04:

Guest Muir-Jaggie

[/quote/]

The sooner he stops playing up front the better, he cant finish 2 save his life

[/quote/]

1 was a free-kick and the other 1 (the day) some1 passed to him and he took a cross, it had nothing to do with him playing up front

I've seen some crackers in my time. I've cursed some amount of incompetent bankers in black, but I really thought that it was straight red out of order to nut somebody. There were other decisions that were feckin unbelievable and if I was up against Stevie Pressley, I'd have wanted an engagement ring before he got his hands all over me.Lionel was always liable to lose a wheel somewhere along the line.

Bleedin frustratin guv, that's what it is. I'm off to have a bath in vodka.

:rotflmao:

Personally I am more cheesed off by the Lionel support on here - The guy has cost us dear - Yes it was a human error - but an error that was just waiting to happen. He looks like a sound guy - with passion and committment and desire but he is a liability at the back - full feckin stop. If he ever plays again it should be from the bench and in the middle of the park.

He gives his all and has more postive attributes than negative, as long as he is eager to learn he could become an excellent player for us. It was a ludicrous challenge today though and will probably give Tel a decision to play him for the next game or not

I can't remember them having a shot on goal after we had a man sent off.. gutted because I live beside hampden so would have been an easy journey but it was obviously going to happen IMO

He gives his all and has more postive attributes than negative, as long as he is eager to learn he could become an excellent player for us. It was a ludicrous challenge today though and will probably give Tel a decision to play him for the next game or not

I can't remember them having a shot on goal after we had a man sent off.. gutted because I live beside hampden so would have been an easy journey but it was obviously going to happen IMO

Was that a restrained reply or do you agree with me Hairy ? I agree with you except he is NOT a full back - he is NOT a defender - he is not a SPL player. That Tel decision - if he dares to make it - could cost us dear - perhaps as usual I am the one opening ma gob but many agree with me. I really think that we ould have gone even further than one visit to Hampden - and I was so looking forward to staying wiv ya.

Guest birdog

Just back, not going to read the whole thread yet but I thought Lionel's foul was as much a penalty as we were awarded against Rangers. I even held my head in my hands before the ref blew. Lots of other talking points but the fire and commitment shown by the 10 man team was amazing, we will stay up if that can continue. Lionel needs a good kick up the arse.

The penalty and sending off changed the complexion on the game which we were increasingly coming to grips with.

The referee was extremely poor but had no option than to award the penalty. The fault for our defeat today does not lie with the ref but with Lionel. He had appeared a different player under Butcher but his revesion to type may well have cost us our first ever national final given the way other quarter final results are panning out.

Lionel's rush of blood to the head may well have cost the club ?600,000.

I completely agree with this, it was a stupid foul to commit especially since there was no guarantee Falkirk would score. Surely 11 men and 1-0 down is better than 10 men and 1-0 down, silly man.

Guest birdog

I completely agree with this, it was a stupid foul to commit especially since there was no guarantee Falkirk would score. Surely 11 men and 1-0 down is better than 10 men and 1-0 down, silly man.

I would probably disagree with this statement as I have watched McBain take a red for the team against Clyde which could well have won us the SFL championship given Broonie's save from the spot kick and Proctor taking a red which almost certainly secured a win against Celtic. I am angry at Lionel but who knows what would have happened had Esson guessed the correct way?

Edited by birdog

We just have to look forward to next week!!

tension was high the day and we could see that falkirk were committing every foul under the sun (and getting away with it).

We have to look forward and not regret the past!

On wards and up wards!

Guest Muir-Jaggie

True IHE.

Lionel is certainly a risk. He only plays well when we are winning and against poor teams.

It was exactly what Weir did in midweek.

i would say falkirk are a poor team

I wouldnt say their a poor team id say their absolute sh**e. They did nothing but push and shove caley players all over the park and head butt them as well. A very dirty team.

Aye well lets hope we get a fairer ref next time we meet those cheating scumbags :rotflmao:

Initial disappointment at going out of a cup i thought we had a fairly good chance of doing something in this year, further disappointment that we were beaten by a bunch of cheating, low-skilled and very poor falkirk team who, on the basis of today, we will beat easily in the league.

Overall a fantastic performance in the second half. If we had maybe taken either kerrs or duncans chance then we would have gone onto win, especially with forans chance at the end. In a way it is good that the team who put us out was falkirk as this game masks the problems they have at the club, and gets the fans off their backs for a few weeks. Its clear to see that they rely far too much on very poor players, like elvis (i would 100% have mihadjuks instead of him, diving cheating w*ker that he is) for example. We controlled the game with ten men, and the only shot they had on target was a penalty.

The ref gets a special mention as the worst in the history of mankind. Simply strange decisions, bad decisions and downright awful decisions prevented the game from being a classic. Every 50-50 went to falkirk. We could and maybe should have had a couple of penalties as well as booking two falkirk players who should have been sent off. Had we had a proper referee then things could have been different. Still, one more game for those bunch of no-hopers is exactly what they don't need, i look forward to seeing them floundering in the first division, with elvis down there with them.

Overall, bring on the killie game, then the falkirk game. On the basis of todays game, 6 points and 7 away from those cheats.

I wouldnt say their a poor team id say their absolute sh**e. They did nothing but push and shove caley players all over the park and head butt them as well. A very dirty team.

Aye well lets hope we get a fairer ref next time we meet those cheating scumbags :rotflmao:

The best thing we can say about today, is that we can hopefully gub them when playing with 11 players. They didnt get a look in in the 2nd half.