FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Strips On Saturday 21st

Kylef

Falkirk used their away top on Saturday there while they were at the Tulloch, presumably becuase their navy-blue home top clashed with the blue of ICT.

So what happened when caley go to Falkirk's Westfield, becuase they cant use their away top as it is black and clashes even more with the Falkirk home top than their own home top?

Guest Muir-Jaggie

Falkirk used their away top on Saturday there while they were at the Tulloch, presumably becuase their navy-blue home top clashed with the blue of ICT.

So what happened when caley go to Falkirk's Westfield, becuase they cant use their away top as it is black and clashes even more with the Falkirk home top than their own home top?

Falkirk maybe wear there WHITE away top (like on saturday) and ICT were there BLACK away top :rotflmao:

Maybe Falkirk wore their 'away' top because it was an 'away' game?? Our home top doesn't look the same as Falkirks and I agree with others that our black top is more similar to Falkirk's dark blue.

We've worn the home kit at Falkirk Stadium for the last 2 seasons now, next Saturday will be no different i'd imagine.

The black strip is one of the best we've had.

Maybe Falkirk wore their 'away' top because it was an 'away' game?? Our home top doesn't look the same as Falkirks and I agree with others that our black top is more similar to Falkirk's dark blue.

teams dont necessarily where their away tops when they play away games.

the difference between caleys blue and falkirk home navy blue isnt the biggest difference ive seen for a match, hence why i asked the question.

Guest CaleyJAGGIE

they could wear the white one.. ive seen it been worn against clach and in freindlies. or even better make falkirk wear theyre away top lol

they could wear the white one.. ive seen it been worn against clach and in freindlies. or even better make falkirk wear theyre away top lol

Under SPL rules you can only play in your registered colours/strips and I don't think the white shirt is registered for league/cup business. You also can't make falkirk change strips as it is their home game.

Guest Muir-Jaggie

Under SPL rules you can only play in your registered colours/strips and I don't think the white shirt is registered for league/cup business. You also can't make falkirk change strips as it is their home game.

Every team should have 3 kits just to make sure no matter what you can wear your away strip or you have your 3rd strip to pick out off

Third shirts are a lot of nonsense. If the home and away shirt of the away team clashes with the home shirt of another team, make them wear their their away top at home. What's so hard about that?

The referee will meet with the team representatives before the games to select kits. There shouldn't be a clash of strips between teams. Goalkeepers should also be wearing different coloured strips. This is important, especially if a gme is close and a keeper goes up to attack during a corner.

Have a look here at law 4 - the player's equipment:

http://www.scottishfa.co.uk/football_docum...es.cfm?page=719

Therefore match officials should not clash with either goalkeepers or the strips which the outfield players are wearing. I was surprised to see Alan Combe wearing a black strip today with the officials also in black.

Personally, I don't think the black strip is a good idea at all. I would imagine it must be difficult for the players to pick out their team mates quickly - especially when they're on the counter attack. It reminds me of when Manchester United changed their strip at half time in the game they lost against Southampton 3-1. The blue strip may not be to the liking of many fans - I personally don't like it as it is a bit too much like the hun strip BUT it is bright and therefore must be advantageous to our players.

Edited by Top Six Next Year

what happened last time?? was it two away kits running around????

i have the same problem on fifa 09 when the other person goes home strip :rotflmao: :thumb04: :018:

Guest Muir-Jaggie

Falkirk wear their home strip we wear ours. There's a world of difference between the two.

post-2213-1237549063.jpg

Edited by Muir-Jaggie

Guest Muir-Jaggie

The black top is 1 of the best tops we've had but am not keen on the names on the top

you dont have your name on it then do you?

Why would aye?? I dont see the point of having names on a football top (only the players)

why did they even do it???

Edited by Muir-Jaggie