FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Grant Munro

kencar

It's time he was 'rested'

His current form is dire and he has consistently cost us goals all season.

Week in week out he loses out in the air to which ever big striker the opposition plays and his distribution is abysmal

Other players have been slaughtered throughout the season but he seems to get away playing poorly just because he's local

Edited by kencar

Totally agree KC, he was shocking today. And that's on top of sub standard performances in most of this season's games. His constant hoofing of the ball is really pissing me off. We've got Pavels alongside him playing superbly most weeks, but half his work includes clearing up Munros feck ups.

Get him rested now. Captain or not, no-one playing as bad as him deserves to keep their place.

Grant Munro... Poor marking, poor tackling, poor passing, poor communication, poor clearances, poor in the air, no composure, no common sense. Just rubbish all round quite frankly. He's completely lost it in the last few months and shouldn't be anywhere near the first team. Some players can play themselves out of bad form, others go on a downward spiral. He seems to fall into the latter category and needs some time on the bench to regroup.

Duff was very impressive when he was given a run earlier in the season and didn't deserve to lose his place to Proctor. He was simply a victim of Brewster's favouritism. We can't afford to keep carrying seriously off-form players week in week out in our current predicament, Butcher needs to be ruthless in his selection policy for the good of the team.

Duff in for Munro and make Tokely captain.

Guest Muir-Jaggie

Why munro as captain???

You think Tokely would get it since hes being with the club since the 3rd division and longest serving player we have

CAPTAIN ROSSCO FOR ME!

Why munro as captain???

You think Tokely would get it since hes being with the club since the 3rd division and longest serving player we have

CAPTAIN ROSSCO FOR ME!

You are having a laugh, he had a no bad day yesterday and you want to make him captain, try looking back over the season, again, the same scenario, a local lad, why dont we look at the players as a whole team, and who has the drive, mentality desire to be the captain, to my mind No one at the moment, but unfortunatly we must have a captain.

Munro is p**h and has being for most of this season. He either misses the ball, hoofs it out of the park or gives it to the opposition goalkeeper. Its time he was given a boot up the a**e, dropped and stripped of the captaincy. Then we'll see how untouchable his place in the team is.

Grant Munro... Poor marking, poor tackling, poor passing, poor communication, poor clearances, poor in the air, no composure, no common sense. Just rubbish all round quite frankly. He's completely lost it in the last few months and shouldn't be anywhere near the first team. Some players can play themselves out of bad form, others go on a downward spiral. He seems to fall into the latter category and needs some time on the bench to regroup.

Duff was very impressive when he was given a run earlier in the season and didn't deserve to lose his place to Proctor. He was simply a victim of Brewster's favouritism. We can't afford to keep carrying seriously off-form players week in week out in our current predicament, Butcher needs to be ruthless in his selection policy for the good of the team.

Duff in for Munro and make Tokely captain.

Don't disagree with Granty being rested but still believe that this season at this time is a step too far for Duff. Different if he was coming into a confident team playing well but not now. Still want to see Hastings play LCB with Pavels as I believe it's the only serious option we have.

Have to laugh at yet another Brew jibe, to the best of my knowledge the only thing he hasn't been blamed for on this site is the market crash but if I wait long enough ...... Duff is not a victim of his favouritism, he was given many games by Brew and didn't seem quite there. Funny how when a player was left out by the previous regime it was cliques or favouritism or some other crap. Under the new regime when someones not playing it's tactical genius or specific choices for specific games. Bizarre!!

Admittedly I've only seen the away matches, but Grant has looked far more solid to me since Pavels came into the team. He was poor earlier in the season, but it didn't help that Brewster couldn't decide who to play alongside him. I'd stick with him: Duff's a talented player but has made mistakes of his own, and Pavels, who is arguably our most important player now, has had time to build up a playing relationship with Munro.

Guest Muir-Jaggie

Why munro as captain???

CAPTAIN ROSSCO FOR ME!

You are having a laugh, he had a no bad day yesterday and you want to make him captain, try looking back over the season, again, the same scenario, a local lad, why dont we look at the players as a whole team, and who has the drive, mentality desire to be the captain, to my mind No one at the moment, but unfortunatly we must have a captain.

Rossco should be captain! Just cause munro is local lad doesnt mean he should be captain

Munro needs to be dropped. He just punts the ball in whatever direction he is facing. It's not good for us. we need to keep the ball. Rossco is isn't that much better than him. they both try their hardest but, I could do that as well. Now is not the time to be changing captain, although it needs to come. Most of the time, the captain is a clubs best player, or close to. We have one of the worst footballers in the UK as ours...... in saying that though, just about every other player in the team would be away when a bigger club comes in for them so, at least we know Munro is always going to be there. that must count for something? Tokely's defensive mistakes are a little less noticeable because he's not in the centre of our defence. He's decent going forward but, my god, he's not that good.

Would agree that it is time for Munro to be rested. He has severely under perfromed in the last few games but i don't think Terry Butcher is intrested in the young players right now so i don't see Duff getting a shout, altough i think it would be a good idea. But at the moment i'm not intrested in seeing McGuire and i defnitely don't want Proctor to go back to centre-half so who else can we use??

This is going to increase my popularity but here are a few reasons that I think that Granty has been playing poorly in the recent games.

He has been given old fashioned centre half marking jobs by Butcher and Pavels has been given a free role. I thought that they were better when they held a line and took left and right runners. If you ever played central defence you would understand that.

I think that anyone, in our current predicament, would feel under pressure as a captain, but especially if you are a local born and bred Invernessian.

It is clearly a case that he is now scared to make a mistake and resolves to the hoof as a defence.

But I also think that he is clearly overcompensating and suffering from having to play a nursemaid to Lionel. Again if you have ever played in defence you must now what it is like to have an unreliable player at full back. He is covering Lionel as well and he rarely passes to Lionel like he did with Hastings. It must be a feckin nightmare.

IHE is right, clearly Lionel is responsible for Munro's inability to win challenges, mark his man, or pass the ball to an ICT player. Case closed. He's also to blame for the economic crash, the hole in the ozone layer, and global warming.

:rotflmao: :thumb04: :018: ;) Does dead wood fancy Lionel or wot ? Was that ULTRA defensive or what ?

I said it was part of it fer fecks sake.

Why munro as captain???

CAPTAIN ROSSCO FOR ME!

Rossco should be captain! Just cause munro is local lad doesnt mean he should be captain

been saying it most of the sesson.....

If we lose next week can I please pick the player to get the dog's abuse from this board??

it seems to change every fecking week... please accept the fact we have a gash team but this is the team we have and if we are going to escape relegation we need fans to get behind the players rather than slate them...

Pavels & Munro will be a great partnership but it was a bad day at the office on Saturday, as mentioned earlier Granty is having to do more work with Djibber Jabber at left back and has been caught out because of it

Munro is our leader.

Edited by Harry Chibber

I hope they do form a good partnership but they were lucky against Kilmarnock and Munro especially was rubbish against Falkirk. He needs his confidence back his punts are ridiculous time and again he does it sometimes when nobody is pressuring him. And Esson is not quiet so he must know what is happening around him.

I would give Duff a chance even if it was just to get Munro to give the extra to get back in the team. Lionel gets singled out as the bombscare by some on here but look back over the past few games and see where all the mistakes have been made and it is in the centre of defence.

I have lost count now over the past 3 or 4 seasons we have lost goals just through long punts down the centre from the opposition goalkeeper. Bar the offside 1st goal which yes was the linesmans fault. Yet again we have lost a game from a team not even creating a chance for their killer 2nd. Just yet another long ball down the centre. Last week against Kilmarnock Grant AND Pavels were caught out twice in the first 20 minutes and we could have been 2-0 down there.

I like Grant for his passion and commitment, but in my eyes he is far too inconsistent and I would be very surprised if he is a 1st team regular under Butcher if, and its now a big if, if we stay in the SPL for next season

Totally agree with all the above. As said it has not just been Munro's fault. Mihadjuks should have got something on the ball for Falkirks 2nd goal his mistakes have been far fewer than Munro's since arriving though. Could Munro be missing the vocal leadership that Mann and Dods have always presented him with in the past?

Guest Muir-Jaggie

I remeber the game we were playing against motherwell and lost 2-1. Munro tryed to hit the ball up the field (like he does ALL the time) and it caught him out and went under him and sheridan kept on running and got the ball and got the goal

Guest fingeroutandefend

Yes, Munro made mistakes and played half arsed, aimless football, but so did a lot of players. It's beyond anyone to inspire players that have lost before they've even kicked off. It's a team game and everybody needs to be responsible, so why unsettle a shaken, timid team even more by changing captain just before the end of the season? If there were truly any other candidates for the captains position then they would already have shown themselves and would be acting out that role, arm band or not. Munro can not be held solely accountable for his hit and hope passing. Yes, as a professional footballer her should be able to pass with some degree of accuracy, but where do you stand when you don't have people around you that are thinking as a team? At times there was a distinct lack of shape, especially to the defence, which resulted in players running into each other, on the few occasions we had the ball. Esson would have had a perfect view of this, and organisation is as much his responsibility as it is Munros, as it is Butchers and as it is Forans. The problems with Caley run much deeper than the choice of captain.

Edited by fingeroutandefend