FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Chris Iwelumo

tm4tj

Birmingham - Wolves derby and Iwelumo took a sore one tonight, stretchered off after a rather horrendous looking knee high challenge from Carsley. 10 man Birmingham have since gone 2-0 up, Gary O'Connor scoring the second.

Anyone else see the tackle, very reckless and dangerous. I don't know the extent of his injury at the moment, but it looked like one of those ones where legs could snap.

Saw it too.

Really poor challenge from Carsley and Iwelumo going off really resulted in Wolves loosing there bite up front.

Christophe Berra looks a shadow of the player he once was at Hearts. Very hesitant with decisions and made a hurrendous error towards Birmingham's second goal.

Can't argue it was a red card but there wasn't mallace in it. Carsley clearly only had eyes for the ball, and it was there to be won, but because it was in the air he had to time it perfectly, unfortunately for Iwelumo he didn't. Definite red card but more of an accident than a dirty challenge.

Good thing for Scotland is how well O'Connor played when he came on... he was excellent, as was McFadden

I fancy Birmingham to go on to win the league now

Edited by Harry Chibber

I didn't think the challenge was too bad when I first saw but the reply showed the horror of it. It was certainly a leg breaker. I've not heard how the lad is but he muct have suffered a serious knee injury as the leg got bent sideways at the knee. If he hasn't got ligament or cartlidge damage then he is very lucky.

As for the game itself....well...it was awful. Best team won though. :rotflmao:

It was a horrendous tackle and could easily have broken Iwelumo's leg...

I thought it was a good game. Brilliantly taken goal by Gary O'Connor - couldn't believer Tevor Francis saying you would expect any striker to score from that position...

Don't recall seeing him score many goals like that in his playing days....

• 3 weeks later...