FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Butcher To Ipswich!

OK, not entirely serious and not a "rumour" as yet...

However, Ipswich have just dismissed Jim Magilton, and an Ipswich supporter interviewed on Sky Sports News mentioned Butcher as one of his preferred candidates. I wonder if there will be any sentimental groundswell in favour of him among the Ipswich support, or whether his lack of success as manager in England would rule that out (as well as the fact that he is under contract to us)?

Guest Muir-Jaggie

Cant see Terry leaving the club as where we are in the league. We got him as our manager as he had a point to prove that we can stay up in the SPL and he and MM would do there best to make that happen. How long a contract is Terry on anyway???

You'd think he would have more sense than to do a Brewster. I'm praying that this just stays a rumour. We really need some stability at this club in terms of a manager, something we have lacked since we arrived in the SPL for a number of reasons.

Guest Muir-Jaggie

You'd think he would have more sense than to do a Brewster.

Butcher is a better manager than brewster by far. Look at what happend to brewster when he went to Utd 27 games and only won 2-3 of them (not 100% sure)

Thats what i'm saying. Returning to your boyhood/special team is not going to necessarliy be a happy ending after watching Brewster do it, i seriously doubt Butcher will. Never mind better manager he is just a smarter guy in general i reckon. He's only got a year left on his deal though at the end of the season though so that better get sorted.

If we do go down, i think Butcher will be looking about for another job, because i dont think someone at this level of manager expertise would want to stay with a division 1 club.

BBC have just reported Roy Keane is number one target and that he will be offered the contract for the job on and Keane is supposely very interested

Fair enough :rotflmao:

Butcher won't go!

and his work ain't finnished here yet!

Richie Bryne

he's just joined us and he left on loan the next day :rotflmao:

Cant see Terry leaving the club as where we are in the league. We got him as our manager as he had a point to prove that we can stay up in the SPL and he and MM would do there best to make that happen. How long a contract is Terry on anyway???

16 months i.e. to the end of next season