Mikey Fraser In Europe?

Yngwie

Scotland have been awarded a Fair Play place in the qualifying stage of next season's Europa league, and Motherwell are currently the team with the best discipline. So there's a good chance that Fraser will be joining Blackie by playing European football next season, which is an unexpected bonus for him.

I wonder if for the remainder of the season, Motherwell players will be inclined not to go in for as many 50/50 balls for fear of getting cards that may hand the European place over to another team? (St Mirren are next in line, followed by Hibs).

I'm baffled by the European places this season. I thought fourth place was supposed to replace the Cup runners up, but now people are saying Falkirk will be in Europe as well? And with the Fair Play spot, that makes six?

I'm baffled by the European places this season. I thought fourth place was supposed to replace the Cup runners up, but now people are saying Falkirk will be in Europe as well? And with the Fair Play spot, that makes six?

In the new Europa cup format which incorporates the existing Uefa cup and the intertoto cup. This gives us two places for third and fourth in league + Scottish cup winners place. For next season only we have been awarded a fair play place which will go to the fair play team in Scotland.

In the new Europa cup format which incorporates the existing Uefa cup and the intertoto cup. This gives us two places for third and fourth in league + Scottish cup winners place. For next season only we have been awarded a fair play place which will go to the fair play team in Scotland.

Thanks Alex. Must check out the new format...

I've a feeling Fraser will be warming a bench next season unfortunately.

Don't mean to sound like I am having a go but why? Graeme Smith seems to think he is destined for bigger and better things than Motherwell and is looking to move at the end of the season as he is out of contract*.

*Isn't he?

I don't think Smith will move. I read somewhere that he's not had any other offers and there will be a lot of keepers on the market in the summer. If Smith does move they will be signing another keeper anyway. I don't want Mike to be bench warming and would rather he wasn't even leaving us.

I'd rather he was staying with us as well.

Although at the moment I would actually rather see Esson in goal as he's actually saved penalties and if we go down because we lose a penalty that would be bad beyond bad...