A point ahead of Killie

2 points ahead of St Mirren

4 points ahead of Falkirk

2 points behind Accies

Motherwell v ICT - wednesday

Accies v Falkirk - wednesday

Killie v St Mirren - wednesday

Going to be tough midweek

I think the goal we conceded might have been a Foran OG, based on TV.

Canning won the header against Tokely who was rising like yeast - although it didn't help that Canning was using him for leverage. The header was going harmlessly to Blackie's feet at the far post, but Foran was running towards goal, tried to intervene and seemed to bundle it in.

I'm usually pretty magnanimous regarding BIG Lionel, but today was beyond a joke. It was a bit like watching a car crash, and he was so lucky that he wasn't made to pay for his mistakes. A bit more nous from everyone would have worked wonders, along with some official competence and a willingness to get the ball wide. Foran was getting everything that was crossed into him, but it wasn't nearly enough. He really deserved that MOTM.

I remember someone who can cross a ball - his name's Hastings. BTW, did Billy Reid have a stroke? It sure looked like it.

Disappointing not to take all three points - thought we had the most chances but as usual this season we didn't manage to finish things off in the oppositions box. It was a terribly frustrating game, especially towards the end as we didn't manage to deliver a decent final ball or made stupid mistakes. Looking back we really, really should have won that game - they had to take off two of their centre backs, they had a man sent off and we went a goal up!

Foran had a very good game - he is so strong in the air and gives us a real outlet. Along with his workrate he's probably our most effective player up front and I'd keep him in there until the end of the season. Fantastic finish for the goal as well. I thought Brian Kerr did well in the middle, tidying things up well enough. Imrie looked quiet, as he always does against the Accies. At the back, we were reasonably solid but it's poor to lose a goal to a corner. Djebi-Zadi is absolutely abysmal. He is fast erasing the memories of his decent showings against the Old Firm with his terrible performances like today. His showing was summed up when he gave the ball away after a 60 yard run forward, nearly resulting in a goal for Offiong.

In the overall picture of things, we are matching Falkirk's results, which is what we need to do to stay up. However, we had a great opportunity to go six clear with only three matches left and not to take it could prove very costly.

I think we tried our hardest and a draw was a no bad result.

Our Goal was pure magic :rotflmao: .

A win would have been amazing and a loss would have been devastating.

I think that we won't be relegated anymore :thumb04: :018: ;) !

Guest Mahonio

I watched the game on Setanta at Thurso Golf Club (working in bar btw) and i thought we dropped 2pts but also played well enough as Hamilton did not have to many clear cut chances.

One of the members from Golf Club who is not a Caley fan says we are staying up which is possible IF we BEAT Motherwell or Killie and Falkirk lose to Saints or Hamilton.

Jeez i was so animated whilst watching!! As a matter of fact i nearly put off a couple of youngsters playing pool when we scored :018: :rotflmao: :thumb04:

Wathced the game on setanta in the house!

Cant believe it. Gutted actually! Should have got the 3 points, I really do hate Hamiltons play. They just whap the ball anywhere!

It really could have been totally different though...striker like Offiong, you expect to put that shot away!

Should have won but we are REALLY lucky they didn't nick it with offiong's chance.

That the free-kick your talking about???

He was through one on one with Fraser and knocked it an inch outside Ikey's left post.

I thought it was a certain goal.

Edited by Johnboy

Yeah, the one on one. Foran would have buried that. That could yet prove to be crucial for us. I thought it was a sure goal. If Tokley had taken him down I would have thought he did the right thing, I was that sure it was going to be a goal.

I've tried to give Lionel the benefit of the doubt but this afternoon's display was simply woeful. That late Ofiong chance was a direct result of a sloppy pass by Lionel giving the ball away. If Terry and June continue with him the way he's playing just now he could well cost us our place in the SPL. Change required and fast.

That was a terrible, terrible pass. But apart from that, Lionel wasn't much worse than half a dozen other ICT players. :023:

At least he was always in the game, and most of our attacks started with him bringing the ball out of defence.

Me too.

Did the bounce send it away from goal?

I've just watched it again.... Still can't believe he didn't score.

He hit it with the outside of his left foot and kind of screwed it just right of the post.

It was a terrible pass from Lionel - but Ikey should have known better than give it to him in the first place.

I couldn't make the game and was a bit pi55ed off with myself when I saw how little support our team had for such a crucial match. Then again it was an absolutely crazy choice by Setanta, even though I was glad to see the game without making it up the A9, I can't understand the sense of it...

The game was awful at times to be brutally honest... there were moments in the first half when I couldn't look at the TV from embarrasment. Zadi was all over the place and the boy Asamoah was causing him constant hassle down the right wing, I was suprised too see him come out for the second half! We didn't seem to be able to string 2 passes together and for the amount of praise Black has been (deservedly) getting recently he was very quiet all game. There were a few bright sparks when Imrie, Foran & Morais were involved but we never really looked like scoring in the first half.

Great start in the second half with an absolute corker from Foran. It was a sickner for them to go up the park and score such an easy goal, which looks like a foul on Tokely from the replays. We never really got going again after that, even when they were down to 10 men it never looked likely that we could get a winner. Disappointed we didn't get all 3 points because if we had just got a bit more support to our front men from the midfield we could be thinking about next season but we are still looking over our shoulders.

Imrie, Foran, Kerr & Morais offered the most threat when going forward, Black & McBain were anonomous throughout, Fraer, Munro, Tokely & Proctor get pass marks but Butcher really needs to think long and hard whether Zadi is worth the risk when going into these final 3 games. He made a marked improvement in the second 45 minutes but it really wouldn't have been difficult after watching the first half... the man is a bombscare.

A pretty dire game of football at TCS today, the juveniles at half time played more entertaining football than the seniors. But looking at the bigger picture, judging the performance relative to other games against Hamilton this season, that's the best we've played, so at least we seem to be going in the right direction.