FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Top Scorers

Yngwie

Oh to have a real goalscorer. I was reading that since January Kevin Kyle has scored 8 goals against the bottom 3 teams, and in doing so being resposible for 11 points for Killie (as well as a lack of points for the other teams). If they didn't have him and played someone else who still managed (say) a very respectable 5 goals in that time, they'd probably have been relegated a week or two ago.

Here are our top scorers this season (SPL games only). Being top scorer with 5 goals must be a record.

5 Rooney (none in 2009. And interestingly in the 5 games he scored in, we took a total of 1 point)

4 Imrie

4 Black

3 Morais

3 Foran

Falkirk don't really have a prolific scorer either, but still have 3 players who have got more than our best:

8 Lovell

7 Arfield

6 Higdon

4 Finnigan

It's true that our goal-scoring record is shameful this season!!

Butcher has made it clear that he plans on bringing in a big physical centre forward next season (Kyle-esque I suppose) and this would be great for us!!

Since the split however we HAVE looked like scoring goals through Imrie/Morais/Foran, and I can see any of them getting a goal in our last game against Falkirk (or hopefully all three!!!)

This is probably due to Brewsters hunting down of the enigma that is Barrowman, who has turned out to be a donkey in a thoroughbreds skin.

That and that the belief that he had uncovered a new young talent in Rooney has left the side in a goalscoring

hell.

I hope that Rooney/Barrowman come on as subs on saturday to score 2 priceless goals to give us a 2-1 win, but i cant see them doing this, so we have to rely on Morais/Foran.

This is probably due to Brewsters hunting down of the enigma that is Barrowman, who has turned out to be a donkey in a thoroughbreds skin.

That and that the belief that he had uncovered a new young talent in Rooney has left the side in a goalscoring

hell.

I hope that Rooney/Barrowman come on as subs on saturday to score 2 priceless goals to give us a 2-1 win, but i cant see them doing this, so we have to rely on Morais/Foran.

I'd rather Odhiambo came on and scored a beauty! If Barrowman and Rooney were to score it'd only give Butcher reason to hold on to them for next season!

Brewster was a horrendous judge of talent, highlighted by his ridiculously misplaced faith in the prize-pudding Rory "Iceman" McAllister.

hell.

Given he was a striker for the best part of 20 years i couldn't get over how ridiculous Brewster was in the market for a forward. Bayne and Wyness weren't regular scorers but still made a difference and he got rid of both along with Marius and did what??? He offered ridiculous wages to an underperformer in Barrowman and put too much pressure on a young lad in Rooney, who has actually done quite well imo.

Arguably the worst thing he did during his time as ICT gaffer.

Dennis Wyness and Barry Wilson would both have done a better job than Rooney and Barrowman this season. I suspect if they hadn't been released we wouldn't be in this mess. That's the frustrating part.

Gary Wood is the only striker that gets pass marks this season IMHO. I'm suprised that Butcher isn't selecting him considering his preference for physical, hard working players. One particular performance comes to mind, at home against aberdeen earlier in the season where he took them on virtually all by himself. Why look elsewhere for a big, bustling striker when we already have him?

Sorry to see us in this position I thought we had the chance to go ahead and win against Motherwell and Kilmarnock . As regards the top goal scorers I ve just looked up the stats and Imrie has had 36 starts - Foran 16 Rooney 10 - so draw your own conclusions please and at least give Rooney a chance - he is a natural goal scorer who needs a run in the team and the balls in the box. Barrowman hasnt got many starts either - I think Morais is good player who can score from outside the box therefore he should be playing him on the wing or centre midfield where he can pick out a pass. Who can say how many goals the young Rooney would have got if he had 36 starts ?

Dennis Wyness and Barry Wilson would both have done a better job than Rooney and Barrowman this season. I suspect if they hadn't been released we wouldn't be in this mess. That's the frustrating part.

Gary Wood is the only striker that gets pass marks this season IMHO. I'm suprised that Butcher isn't selecting him considering his preference for physical, hard working players. One particular performance comes to mind, at home against aberdeen earlier in the season where he took them on virtually all by himself. Why look elsewhere for a big, bustling striker when we already have him?

Probably because Wood has the worst first touch i've ever seen.

Dont think so. I think TB just doesnt like playing young players right now. You have Wood, Duff & Vigurs not getting a game right now and they all have alot to offer the club

Vigurs is one creative, forward-minded player I think we sorely miss at times.

Dont think so. I think TB just doesnt like playing young players right now. You have Wood, Duff & Vigurs not getting a game right now and they all have alot to offer the club

Vigurs is one creative, forward-minded player I think we sorely miss at times.

Drop Mcbain and play Vigurs :lol: