FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Craig Brewster

In all seriousness that is rediculous. Ok, ICT were struggling when he got the boot, but to be actually hated by people no matter how big a supporter they are is a disgrace! Fans may not have appreciated him as manager, but im sure everyone is in agreement that he was trying his best and would have loved to stay on and give it a real go! But to hate him for that is shocking!

What's so ridiculous about it? When the chips were down, he couldn't do the job that we were paying him to do. He probably knew he couldn't do the job. Why then did he not quit? I'd have a lot more respect for him if he did.

And I don't for a second believe that he was trying his best. From the moment we originally hired him to be a player/manager, he never had the clubs best interests at heart.

So you genuinely believe that Brewster didn't care that we were at the bottom of the league and struggling?

That is the biggest pile of pap I've ever heard.

I believe he did care and did try his best, just wasn't up to it either at United or ICT the man is not a football manager no matter how much he cares

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest ThePugsy93

In all seriousness that is rediculous. Ok, ICT were struggling when he got the boot, but to be actually hated by people no matter how big a supporter they are is a disgrace! Fans may not have appreciated him as manager, but im sure everyone is in agreement that he was trying his best and would have loved to stay on and give it a real go! But to hate him for that is shocking!

What's so ridiculous about it? When the chips were down, he couldn't do the job that we were paying him to do. He probably knew he couldn't do the job. Why then did he not quit? I'd have a lot more respect for him if he did.

And I don't for a second believe that he was trying his best. From the moment we originally hired him to be a player/manager, he never had the clubs best interests at heart.

So you genuinely believe that Brewster didn't care that we were at the bottom of the league and struggling?

I believe he did care and did try his best, just wasn't up to it either at United or ICT the man is not a football manager no matter how much he cares

Ofcourse he tried his best, we're in agreement there. However is there any evidence to suggest that Butcher is the correct man for the job, after all he couldn't keep us up. And there are far inferior squads in the SPL to ours.

Brewster would have kept us up.

Ofcourse he tried his best, we're in agreement there. However is there any evidence to suggest that Butcher is the correct man for the job, after all he couldn't keep us up. And there are far inferior squads in the SPL to ours.

Brewster would have kept us up.

pugsy you cant be serious we were in free fall, he had lost the dressing room he was tactically inept. Yes you are right there is no evidence to suggest that Butcher is the correct man for the job but given a choice of him and Brewster, and it def wouldn't be Brewster

Guest ThePugsy93

pugsy you cant be serious we were in free fall, he had lost the dressing room he was tactically inept. Yes you are right there is no evidence to suggest that Butcher is the correct man for the job but given a choice of him and Brewster, and it def wouldn't be Brewster

He would hve turned it round in my eyes.

We were relegated as soon as he was sacked by the board.

Lets look at some more succeful clubs tahn ourselves, and before anyone says it I am in no way comparing ourselves to these teams.

When was the last time Man United changed manager? or Arsenal? or Liverpool?

It goes to show that if you stand by a certain individual the job will get done, and that would have been the case in this situation if it wans't for the (imo) clueless fans.

It was a case of the blind leading the blind.

To say there are far more inferior squads in the SPL is laughable, for the first 5 1/2 months of our campaign we were the weakest squad - by far, couldnt score and couldnt defend - thats why we were bottom, didnt you notice?

Brewster proved he was tactically inept at Utd and got the chance to prove again here.

The board just didnt want to see that, he was the easy option and it backfired, i would liked to have seen Brew prove everybody wrong but i had this underlying fear that we were doomed.

I'm glad he's gone and there was never a chance in hell brew would have kept us up.

Guest ThePugsy93

What makes you think that?

The season would have been looking better, of that I've absolutely no doubt.

Like I said in my previous post, it's all about being given time, something which he did not get.

Guest WynessLegend

To say there are far more inferior squads in the SPL is laughable, for the first 5 1/2 months of our campaign we were the weakest squad - by far, couldnt score and couldnt defend - thats why we were bottom, didnt you notice?

Brewster proved he was tactically inept at Utd and got the chance to prove again here.

The board just didnt want to see that, he was the easy option and it backfired, i would liked to have seen Brew prove everybody wrong but i had this underlying fear that we were doomed.

I'm glad he's gone and there was never a chance in hell brew would have kept us up.

So, you're blaming the squad and not Brewster?

Lets look at some more succeful clubs tahn ourselves, and before anyone says it I am in no way comparing ourselves to these teams.

It goes to show that if you stand by a certain individual the job will get done, and that would have been the case in this situation if it wans't for the (imo) clueless fans.

Thats because they have good managers who they're fans back... I will add to your list of successful clubs Barcelona who quite rightly sacked Rijkard. Are you going to tell me that was the wrong decision?

When was the last time any of those clubs were 5 points adrift at the bottom of the league ?

What makes you think that?

The season would have been looking better, of that I've absolutely no doubt.

Like I said in my previous post, it's all about being given time, something which he did not get.

looks like we will just have to agree to disagree, we are both entitled to our opinions mines just happens to be that he is one of the most tactically inept managers I have ever seen, although I dont fully blame him for our relegation

Guest ThePugsy93

There are far inferior squads doesn't mean that they do not play well as a team.

Look at the top of the table. Celtic have a far superior squad to Rangers, yet they couldn't pull the required results together and Rangers won the league.

Look at the race for third place. Both Aberdeen and Dundee United have better squads than Hearts yet Hearts finished third. They don't have one decet striker ffs.

We, as far as I'm concerned have a far superior group of players (Squad) than Falkirk, St Mirren and Hamilton.

Had Brewster been given time he would have got these players playing and one of the above 3 teams would have been playing Division 1 football next season, not ICT.

Edited by ThePugsy93

I've no anomosity towards Craig Brewster, I too believe he did his very best. It's just that that best was hopelessly short of what is rquired of an SPL manager. I cannot, however, believe that anyone based on the evidence can seriously argue that we would have fared better had we retained his sevices.

By the time he went we had gone eight consecutive games without a single point. The jury may be out on Terry Butcher's ability in the long term but the facts are that when he arrived he immediately stopped the rot.

If we had taken even a single point from that disasterous eight game run we would still be in the SPL now. I still believe the thread is a wind up !

We would have lost 1-0 improving our goal difference and therefore leap frogging St Mirren. However because of fan pressure, you got what you wanted..

Shut up Craig, if you were manager we would never have taken 4 point of the OF.

Guest WynessLegend

I've no anomosity towards Craig Brewster, I too believe he did his very best. It's just that that best was hopelessly short of what is rquired of an SPL manager. I cannot, however, believe that anyone based on the evidence can seriously argue that we would have fared better had we retained his sevices.

By the time he went we had gone eight consecutive games without a single point. The jury may be out on Terry Butcher's ability in the long term but the facts are that when he arrived he immediately stopped the rot.

If we had taken even a single point from that disasterous eight game run we would still be in the SPL now. I still believe the thread is a wind up !

But .......................... on the other hand it's hard to imagine doing worse than finishing last?

We should have brought in Brewster for the Falkirk game, you always get a boost from a new manager

Butcher's record against Falkirk this season

Won 0 Drawn 0 Lost 3

Goals For 0

Goals Against 6

Brewster's record against Falkirk this season

Won 1 Drawn 1 Lost 0

Goals For 3

Goals Against 1

Well, i'm sure now that the dust has settled, all the Brewster doubters will put their hands up and admit they were wrong to call for his head. All the pressure from the folk for a man to be sacked, and without that pressure he may still be in a job, and ICTFC would still be an SPL club... oh well, we all make mistakes!

With all due respect, that is the biggest load of sh!te I have read on here in months -- and there has been a fair bit that it had to compete with !!!!

I dont hate Brewster, I dont know the man. I would also say that "Brewster the player" got loads of praise on here even when "Brewster the manager" was being vilified. The praise was purely because he was one of the best natural strikers we have ever had at the club and fans recognised this. However fans also recognised that under his leadership we were in freefall and I truly believe we would have been mathematically relegated by February/March instead of May. He had to go and I have no guilt or embarrassment in being one of the ones calling for his head. His position was untenable based entirely on his results. Football managers stand or fall on these and he has now proved (twice) that he is not yet ready to manage an SPL side. I hope he does fine at County in a player/asst manager capacity and one day moves back up to manage another side in the SPL ... just as long as it is not ICT he is managing ... that bridge is well and truly burned as far as I am concerned.

As I said on another thread, our relegation is not 100% the fault of CB, TB, the Board or the players but each and every one of them had a part to play in it. Personally, I believe that had we got rid of the man before Xmas we would still be an SPL side, but its all ifs and ands isnt it, we will never know for sure.

Is Butcher the right man for the job? Only time will tell. He did work minor miracles in getting us back into a fighting position, but ultimately we couldnt get it done in the last few games and he and the players have to take a good look at why that is. Next season will be a hard one and the legacy of Brewster is gone. Whatever happens is now down to TB and how he puts together his squad .... I think I am correct in saying this is the most players to ever leave ICT at the end of a season so very little of what is left can be deemed a "legacy" from before.

We should have brought in Brewster for the Falkirk game, you always get a boost from a new manager

Butcher's record against Falkirk this season

Won 0 Drawn 0 Lost 3

Goals For 0

Goals Against 6

Brewster's record against Falkirk this season

Won 1 Drawn 1 Lost 0

Goals For 3

Goals Against 1

You want to go down that route? .... better pull out Brewsters record against every other team ... it does not make pretty reading.

Do you think if Brew had stayed Blackie would have got a game never mind Player of the Year? He had totally lost the dressing room and unfortunately he thought he was bigger than the players and that's why he had to go.

He wouldn't have lost 4 at Falkirk, no it was 5 at half time at Greyskull!

Not sure if this is actually Brew or Malky but let it go you were actually given too much time!

Guest ThePugsy93

Rijkaard took Barcelona as far as he possibly could, lets not forget he took them from the brink of relegation to second in the league, in one season.

And to my knowledge these clubs have never been 5 points adrift at the bottom, but your doing exactly what I said I wouldn't do, compare us to them.

A few seasons ago, 2006 maybe?, Liverpool finished 5th in the table. If their club was run like ours Rafa would have been out on his arse, as it is he stayed and there now 4 points off winning the league.

Arsenal havn't won anything for what?4 years?but they are perseveiring with Wenger, because they know it will work out in the end.

It would have worked out in the end if Brewster had remained, but hey ho, you all got your way and now look. Fantastic isn't it?

Edited by ThePugsy93

Rijkaard took Barcelona as far as he possibly could, lets not forget he took them from the brink of relegation to second in the league, in one season.

Well thats funny how Pep just won the Champions League and roasted La Liga with exactly the same squad one season later...

I would also like to add that finishing sixth in the league is not "the brink of relegation"

Edited by ubern

And to my knowledge these clubs have never been 5 points adrift at the bottom, but your doing exactly what I said I wouldn't do, compare us to them.

A few seasons ago, 2006 maybe?, Liverpool finished 5th in the table. If their club was run like ours Rafa would have been out on his arse, as it is he stayed and there now 4 points off winning the league.

Arsenal havn't won anything for what?4 years?but they are perseveiring with Wenger, because they know it will work out in the end.

It would have worked out in the end if Brewster had remained, but hey ho, you all got your way and now look. Fantastic isn't it?

I dont think theres many of us particularly interested in what other clubs did or didnt do !

It looks to me like yourself & your mate are taking great pleasure in winding folk up cos you know all you have to do is mention BREW to get a reaction !

Grow up you pair of saddo's

I know I've probably been TB's biggest critic since Saturday, but at least he did give us a little bit of hope with his appointment.

That was in very short supply during Brewster's last few games in charge.

I wish I could see the point in this debate.

Guest ThePugsy93

Well thats funny how Pep just won the Champions League and roasted La Liga with exactly the same squad one season later...

I would also like to add the finishing sixth in the league is not "the brink of relegation"

Because Pep is a better manager. Are you trying to tell me that if Rijkaard had been chucked when they were nearing relegation they would have been 2nd the next again year? Behave yourself

Guest ThePugsy93

I dont think theres many of us particularly interested in what other clubs did or didnt do !

It looks to me like yourself & your mate are taking great pleasure in winding folk up cos you know all you have to do is mention BREW to get a reaction !

Grow up you pair of saddo's

And to me it looks like you can't see past your own opinion and respect other peoples. :)