Player Of The Year Poll

CaleyD

POTY Voting  

41 members have voted

1. 1. Which Player would you award 5 Points?

• Esson
    • Stratford
    • Tokely
    • Munro
    • Djebi-Zadi
    • Ross
    • Duncan
    • Cox
    • Hayes
    • Foran
    • Barrowman
    • McBain
    • Rooney
    • Hastings
  2. 2. Which Player would you award 3 Points?

• Esson
    • Stratford
    • Tokely
    • Munro
    • Djebi-Zadi
    • Ross
    • Duncan
    • Cox
    • Hayes
    • Foran
    • Barrowman
    • McBain
    • Rooney
    • Hastings
  3. 3. Which Player would you award 1 Points?

• Esson
    • Stratford
    • Tokely
    • Munro
    • Djebi-Zadi
    • Ross
    • Duncan
    • Cox
    • Hayes
    • Foran
    • Barrowman
    • McBain
    • Rooney
    • Hastings

***VOTING IS ONLY FOR THOSE WHO WENT TO THE MATCH ***

Vote for your top 3 players in the

Alba Cup match versus Montrose

Please make sure you vote for 3 separate players.

If you make an error, let us know so we can fix it.

PLEASE ONLY VOTE IF YOU WERE AT THE GAME

Anyone caught trying to cheat the system WILL be banned from voting in polls...this is your only warning.

• 3 months later...

Funnily enough will have to give this weeks poll some more thought. Really do not know who to give any points to! Notice this has been viewed by 61 people and only 14 people have voted yet. Wonder Why? :rolleyes:

Edited by old caley girl

viewed 177 times now and 36 votes total.

The main reason for this is probably the fact that we ask that only those who were actually at the game cast a vote. Some of the page views will be from people looking but not voting (like me).

As this is the first game of the season that is eligible for votes, and we have some new posters on here since the end of last season, here is a quick reminder of why we do it this way, how we check, and what we do with those who try to skew the poll:

Why we do it this way

As a bit of a throwback to our days as the Official website of the club, this is the only external player of the year award that is routinely recognised in the official club stats. They will probably be excluded one day (when Ian stops doing the stats) but until then, we will continue to do our damnedest to ensure the integrity of the award.

We only allow those who were at the game to vote as those watching on TV or via highlights packages, or listening on the radio/internet may not see or hear everything that is going on around them. The camera will inevitably focus on the action yet there may be some good performances that go largely un-noticed. It is also true to say that the opinions of commentators can cloud your own judgement. As there will be little or no TV, Radio or Internet coverage this season this should not be as huge an issue as it could be in the SPL, but voting based on someone else's Tweets falls into the no-no category too :lol:

How (and what) we check

Whilst the voting is largely done on an "honour" system, trusting people to vote genuinely, we will routinely run a check on every single POY poll to ensure their integrity.

We will look for users who vote for the same people week in and week out regardless of performance, we will look for people who give the same player all 3 sets of votes, we will look for those who were logged into the site or chatroom at the time of the game and therefore not at the stadium, we will look for those who voted 5 or 10 minutes after the game yet do not appear to be voting from a mobile device, so basically we will look for any irregularities in the poll.

What we do if we believe the poll was manipulated

This is pretty straightforward. If we feel you are attempting to manipulate the poll using any of the methods mentioned above then we will simply remove your ability to vote in ANY polls on the site unless we are satisfied with your explanation.

We realise mistakes happen and as stated in the opening part of each POY thread we can correct those mistakes if you let us know, but if you try to be sleekit about it and cheat, then quite simply, those are the consequences.

Guest Mahonio

:lol: ;) ****, i took this poll when i was not at the game, oh well i will be due punishment then ;) :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

However, i only noticed after i took the poll that i should only have done it if i had been at game and understand that is probably not a good enough excuse.

this has been viewed by 61 people and only 14 people have voted yet. Wonder Why? :023:

Maybe there expecting Montrose players names being put up everytime they come back...