FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Free Tickets For Forces

Georgeios

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry. I cant agree. I dont mind if there is the odd Armed Forces Personel that gets a free ticket. But you cant give free tickets to hundreds of them in every ground. All call me heartless. But i wouldnt shed a tear.

Dude, where does it say 100's? They are talking about a few maybe 3/4 tickets not fill a stand!! you are heartless my friend. that lad will never get to see another game, count yourself very luck...

Edited by georgeios

Im sorry but i do not feel MUCH compassion for these people. I do feel a slight bit as they are another human being but it was their choice to join up to the armed forces. Think about all the Innocent people the British Army have killed in their time. They have killed more innocent than any other terrorist orginisation. Yet i bet you dont feel MUCH compassion when a Taliban member dies do you?

And the SFA want to bring it in and the servicemen will be given tickets depending on the Capacity of the stadium. They are looking to give 700 free tickets at Ibrox i heard so i would think roughly 70-100 for us.

Edited by DornochCaley

Guest birdog

Im sorry but i do not feel MUCH compassion for these people. I do feel a slight bit as they are another human being but it was their choice to join up to the armed forces. Think about all the Innocent people the British Army have killed in their time. They have killed more innocent than any other terrorist orginisation.

And the SFA want to bring it in and the servicemen will be given tickets depending on the Capacity of the stadium. They are looking to give 700 free tickets at Ibrox i heard so i would think roughly 70-100 for us.

From the reports on this subject I have read I see that Celtic are also giving support to this initiative. There are many Celtic fans in the armed forces and your other team seem to recognise this, it is a real shame that some of their supporters can't see fit to put the past where it belongs, in the past.

"Yet i bet you dont feel MUCH compassion when a Taliban member dies do you?"

No because that taliban member would think nothing of planting a bomb in the middle of Inverness. An army is a necessary evil to protect what we have, PEACE. Without the army we would have a lot more terrorist attacks in the UK. The army is also key in keeping the Afgan drugs off our streets. I know some will not see that as a good thing but I do.

Unfortunately (IMO) your arguement is based on a hatred driven by religion and by a conflict that has pretty much finished. Now I realise there will always be a devide between Catholics and Protestants but surely that has nothing to do with this topic. This is about certain people in the UK wishing to show their appreciation for the boys and girls that fight to make this a safer place to live.

Hi all.

I have recently completed 22yrs in the army. During that time I completed tours of the Falklands, Cyprus, Bosnia, Kosovo, numerous stints in Northern Ireland and various other delightful places. Now yes I did choose to join the army, to defend Queen and country. The problem is we are not defending our Queen and country we are defending everybody else's. Now you may say that you knew the risks when you joined, there was a chance you could go to these places, but no when I joined 1984 we didn't fight for everybody else we fought for ourselves. Yes I know the Falklands was a long way from here but it was British. Now I was lucky enough not to go to the Gulf but I lost friends who did and believe me they didn't want to be there either. We don't expect freebies when we return from tours but it is very much appreciated as it shows people care. The biggest boost to morale costs nothing. When we return from tours and parade through the streets and see all the people cheering for us, that is when we feel proud to serve. We would rather have all the money from freebies spent on decent kit. As for the housing, I moved 9 times in 22yrs that I can remember and yes we had some really nice quarters and some right s**tholes but we paid the going rate for all of them and all the council taxes etc. I will never forget my wife bursting into tears when she saw our first married quarter in Tidworth. It was in a block of flats and it looked like something out of Cell block H. They are doing up all the MQs but it will take a long time. The single accom wasn't much better when I joined I lived in a reformed stable block, granted they are building new accom for them now but that stable block still houses troops.

Yes I know that the Emergency services do a fantastic job here, hell, I only got out of raigmore yesterday after having my gallbladder removed.(yes I'm still very sore)But I think that the level of danger is slightly higher in Afgan and I think the boys and girls should be rewarded with freebies like free tickets. Now don't get me wrong, I respect the views of all of you as this is your right but surely you don't begrudge a few freebies to those that are striving and dying in far of lands to keep us safe from the terrorist. No-one asks for these freebies or expects them but what harm does it do to let them know they are respected and cared about.

I for one will still shed a tear every time one of them is driven through Wooton Basset in a hurse because that is the right thing to do.

That's a great post Oz647...

There are some truly fantastic guys and gals in our forces doing sterling work for "Queen & Country"

I wish I could remember the guy's name now but he was on GMTV this morning describing how he is coming to terms with losing both legs and one arm in a bomb blast in Afghanistan... What a guy he was... what an example to anyone who moans about whatever circumstances they find themselves in. A guy like that should have a carte blanche ticket to go anywhere, and do anything he likes at this country's expense.

Only one thing I would strongly disagree with you about...

The wars in Iraq and Afghanistan have actually helped create terrorist attacks in this country...

Don't think for one minute they do anything to prevent them.

What do you think the London bombings were all about.

Our continued presence in these countries does so much more harm than good.

No because that taliban member would think nothing of planting a bomb in the middle of Inverness. An army is a necessary evil to protect what we have, PEACE. Without the army we would have a lot more terrorist attacks in the UK. The army is also key in keeping the Afgan drugs off our streets. I know some will not see that as a good thing but I do.

Unfortunately (IMO) your arguement is based on a hatred driven by religion and by a conflict that has pretty much finished. Now I realise there will always be a devide between Catholics and Protestants but surely that has nothing to do with this topic. This is about certain people in the UK wishing to show their appreciation for the boys and girls that fight to make this a safer place to live.

No, you have me wrong. I have nothing against Protestants. Its the Orange Lodge and the such that i have a problem with as they are fueled by hatered of Catholics. Many Protestants died fighting for the freedom of Ireland and many WOULD die fighting for the freedom of Scotland. Its not the religion i hate but their actions. And IMO, some of the actions of the british army are unforgivable.

Guest birdog

Some might say that an Afghani Taliban member is protecting his/her country from an invading force.

No because that taliban member would think nothing of planting a bomb in the middle of Inverness. An army is a necessary evil to protect what we have, PEACE. Without the army we would have a lot more terrorist attacks in the UK.

I have to agree with Johnboy in that I believe that if the UK had not joined in America's war for the control of oil then the UK would not be a target for terrorism.

The army is also key in keeping the Afgan drugs off our streets. I know some will not see that as a good thing but I do.

Historically the UK is known for entering into wars involving the control of opium, is it possible that history may be repeating itself?

This is about certain people in the UK wishing to show their appreciation for the boys and girls that fight to make this a safer place to live.

Unfortunately I think you may be wrong on this point, I think this has more to do with politicians trying to score points.

Having said all that I will repeat myself. The forces have my full backing, the government do not. Soldiers, sailors and airmen all follow orders and should be admired for serving their country regardless of their country's motives.

Johnboy,

Thank you for your comments. I fully respect your views and agree with some of them. I believe we had no businesss going to Afgan in the first place, it wasn't our war but if the guys can take out the taliban/Al Qaeda etc then it would be a safer world. I also believe that we shouldn't have gone to Iraq for the same reason but unfortunately the USA called and we wagged our tail. I agree with you in respect of that being there has made things worse and a lot of the attacks wouldn't have taken place if we were not there, however now that we are I feel we should support our troops no matter what. It isn't the troops that are the problem it's the politicians, they are the ones making the decisions. The troops are just doing their bidding and dying for them.

DornochCaley

"Its not the religion i hate but their actions. And IMO, some of the actions of the british army are unforgivable."

Oh well, at least the Catholic's actions in NI are beyond reproach.

And by the way I am neither Catholic or Protestant and have friends/relatives on both sides of the devide and spent over 4 years in NI and been attacked by both sides. You are fully entitled to your views on this subject and although I find it hard I do respect that right. I still find it hard to understand that you don't care about young boys/girls coming back in boxes. They are people's children, husbands, fathers etc. Surely you can respect that?

Cheers Dam, I must have sold my soul as well. I did 22yrs in the army and am proud to say so. Just as all the lads and lasses now serving should be. I'm afraid that people like him need to take a good look at themself. While we all have our points of view and the right to state them, we should remember why we have that right. It is because of the soldiers that have fought and died for this country in all the wars that we have been involved in. Luckily enough I can speak German, it might have come in quite handy if our boys hadn't sold their souls.

:rolleyes:

Cheers Dam, I must have sold my soul as well. I did 22yrs in the army and am proud to say so. Just as all the lads and lasses now serving should be. I'm afraid that people like him need to take a good look at themself. While we all have our points of view and the right to state them, we should remember why we have that right. It is because of the soldiers that have fought and died for this country in all the wars that we have been involved in. Luckily enough I can speak German, it might have come in quite handy if our boys hadn't sold their souls.

:blink:

[/qu

*****, Pure shte. Most the wars you have faught in were for power and greed. Nothing more. The goverment sold out the forces. I hold the goverment to belame for it all but its the soldiers choice to sign up for the army. You can say what you want about me, but there are more people in Countries all around the world that think the same as me than people that will agree with you. You just wont find many, if any of them on tis forum.

[

*****, Pure shte. Most the wars you have faught in were for power and greed. Nothing more. The goverment sold out the forces. I hold the goverment to belame for it all but its the soldiers choice to sign up for the army. You can say what you want about me, but there are more people in Countries all around the world that think the same as me than people that will agree with you. You just wont find many, if any of them on tis forum.

please provide me with links to back up your clames to the bolded text... if you can not find anything from a repitable source then dont bother posting.....

"Most the wars you have faught in were for power and greed. Nothing more. The goverment sold out the forces. I hold the goverment to belame"

For once I agree with you but have never stated otherwise. I might have put GOVERNMENT & BLAME but that's just me being picky.

"but its the soldiers choice to sign up for the army"

You should thank God they did or you would not be DornochWCaley, you might have been Outer Berlin Caley.

"You can say what you want about me"

You're right I can but that's only thanks to the boys and girls that have laid down their lives to give us the right to free speech.

"there are more people in Countries all around the world that think the same as me than people that will agree with you. You just wont find many, if any of them on tis forum."

Thank God for that but maybe that's because people on this forum have a bit more common sense than you.

Georgious,

Thanks for the PM much appreciated.

I would quite happily let members of the NHS watch the match for nothing. As mentioned earlier I came out of hospital a couple of days ago and they were great looking after me.

Edited by Oz647

Nah Danger big yin!!

As for who i'd let in free, its the clubs seats and the end of the day and if the board/Managment team what to give some thanks to any Occupation weather it be Forces/NHS even Mcdonalds workers I wouldnt care, Its the clubs choice and seats who gives a rats arse who gets them... I have my Season ticket and always will..

"Most the wars you have faught in were for power and greed. Nothing more. The goverment sold out the forces. I hold the goverment to belame"

For once I agree with you but have never stated otherwise. I might have put GOVERNMENT & BLAME but that's just me being picky.

"but its the soldiers choice to sign up for the army"

You should thank God they did or you would not be DornochWCaley, you might have been Outer Berlin Caley.

"You can say what you want about me"

You're right I can but that's only thanks to the boys and girls that have laid down their lives to give us the right to free speech.

"there are more people in Countries all around the world that think the same as me than people that will agree with you. You just wont find many, if any of them on tis forum."

Thank God for that but maybe that's because people on this forum have a bit more common sense than you.

Georgious,

Thanks for the PM much appreciated.

I would quite happily let members of the NHS watch the match for nothing. As mentioned earlier I came out of hospital a couple of days ago and they were great looking after me.

MOST wars that have needed to be fought for fear of our freedom have had conscription at somepoint. Meaning it wasnt the army that one us the war, but the Hundreds of thousands, Millions even that have been made to sign up. So dont give me that. The army are sent into places for the Goverments benifit, not ours. As someone stated before, all the terrorist attacks on our country have happend AFTER we have gone in to their country first i.e N.Ireland, Iraq, Afganistan.

I didnt say i didnt care. I do. Its such a waste of life. But I wouldnt shed a tear as they signed their souls to the devil when they joined the British army and made an oath to the Butchers apron and The Queen.

I take it this is still your sentiment regarding all the Irishmen that signed up to fight for the British King and Country and were accepted as a potent fighting force - oh, yes and they would have been Catholic as well!!

I didnt say i didnt care. I do. Its such a waste of life. But I wouldnt shed a tear as they signed their souls to the devil when they joined the British army and made an oath to the Butchers apron and The Queen.

I take it this is still your sentiment regarding all the Irishmen that signed up to fight for the British King and Country and were accepted as a potent fighting force - oh, yes and they would have been Catholic as well!!

It depends. IF you are talking about WW1 then how can i belame ANY of those men? They were conscripted to the army! But now-a-days, if they are Irish and Catholic who sign up for the army, then they know what they have got themselves into and i still wouldnt shed a tear.

It depends. IF you are talking about WW1 then how can i belame ANY of those men? They were conscripted to the army! But now-a-days, if they are Irish and Catholic who sign up for the army, then they know what they have got themselves into and i still wouldnt shed a tear.

WW2 / The RAF and Navy all come under this or are you just pissed off about the Army being on the streets in the bad days, because the RAF and Navy also did patrols, dude if your not a supporter of your armed forces then just say you dont think its a good idea, you dont like it and they should not get free tickets... Im not in to the whole Biggot thing to be honest i have my views but do not want to share them on here, or anywhere for that matter....