FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Free Tickets For Forces

Georgeios

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was thinking about this again and have a question.

Don't you think that by offering free tickets for forces we are giving one job more importance than the rest? Obviously, those in the army would consider their job important but I consider my job very important. I would also consider the job I am progressing towards as very important. Should I not be allowed free tickets? When I go into houses where I am faced with drug addicts, people who are very ill, have criminal tendencies. If I didn't do my job this would mean more strain on the police, nhs etc.

What about the men who clear the bins? Ensuring that the town is free from disease and rats etc by keeping the city clean?

What I am trying to say is every job is important, they all serve a purpose. Obviously, the armed forces hold more danger however, this is a choice made by the person when they sign up. We pick jobs based on our personality, what we want from life etc.

Giving off free tickets to sporting events wont make your job any easier, I am sure better equipment would.

Edited by MrsICTFC

I was thinking about this again and have a question.

Don't you think that by offering free tickets for forces we are giving one job more importance than the rest? Obviously, those in the army would consider their job important but I consider my job very important. I would also consider the job I am progressing towards as very important. Should I not be allowed free tickets? When I go into houses where I am faced with drug addicts, people who are very ill, have criminal tendencies. If I didn't do my job this would mean more strain on the police, nhs etc.

What about the men who clear the bins? Ensuring that the town is free from disease and rats etc by keeping the city clean?

What I am trying to say is every job is important, they all serve a purpose. Obviously, the armed forces hold more danger however, this is a choice made by the person when they sign up. We pick jobs based on our personality, what we want from life etc.

Giving off free tickets to sporting events wont make your job any easier, I am sure better equipment would.

Now that is very well put. And i agree.

For the Record again.. its not just the Army.. FORCES is.. Army Navy and Royal Air Force.. and the Bootys...

and the club can turn around and say.. we're not wanting to give you tickets but we will Sponser a tank.. or a Jet.. Its a way for the Sporting world to show appreaiation for the sacrifics they are making for our country, for what ever political reasons....

Edited by georgeios

For the Record again.. its not just the Army.. FORCES is.. Army Navy and Royal Air Force.. and the Bootys...

and the club can turn around and say.. we're not wanting to give you tickets but we will Sponser a tank.. or a Jet.. Its a way for the Sporting world to show appreaiation for the sacrifics they are making for our country, for what ever political reasons....

There is no need to be picky as previously stated you know fine well what I am actually meaning.

Is it a sacrifice when it is a choice? No.

Actually, I have changed my mind on the last one (in italics). It is a sacrifice. I am confusing myself now! ha! I agree with being appreciated however, I think every job should receive appreciation in some form or another.

Edited by MrsICTFC

We chose to lay down our lifes for the Country to protect her and her interests... and so that the likes or Renagade arent called up in conscription.. its you everyones own good.

Im not being picky there are 3 main Services and it pi55es me off when everyone is banded under the same heading... "Army"

We chose to lay down our lifes for the Country to protect her and her interests... and so that the likes or Renagade arent called up in conscription.. its you everyones own good.

Im not being picky there are 3 main Services and it pi55es me off when everyone is banded under the same heading... "Army"

You be picky if it makes you feel better :D

So are you saying we should be thankful that you do it by choice?

have you noticed all the bombings and that happend after Britian invaded countries so IMO, you are putting us currently in more danger.

Guest birdog

I'd be pissed off if I was RAF too, the army couldn't be arsed keeping their Air Corps but the Navy retained their Fleet Air Arm. B) :tonguecheek: :tonguecheek:

Edit for the sake of being fair, you never did say whether you were mistaken or not in thinking that the Marines were a separate service?

Just the army? or do you mean HM forces.. Army are just a small part of it.. Navy, RAF, Marines all different forces..
Edited by birdog

have you noticed all the bombings and that happend after Britian invaded countries so IMO, you are putting us currently in more danger.

If thats how you see it... did you notice the 1980's... we have had 2 bombs from the Taliban, and remember it was them that started it with 9/11, if we didnt help the US as an part of the coalitions it could have been alot worse, remember the Trade Center was a finance hub as it london... most places have there own local Terror groups, look at spain, france, the ruskys.. come on now big yin do you not think if we hadnt gone to war on terror (Along side the USA) then we would still be getting Terrorists on our main land not from the middle eastern back grounds.. i can think of atleast 2 other groups that stopped main land carry on's due to the USA coming out and saying ANY Terror group or group that apposes the free world is under threat ..

Back on topic,

If it was the NHS/Police/Fire Service, local bin men who the club did deside to go free, I'd be all for the club recognising this jobs too... any job, the point is.. A. Caley have not said they would support it yet, and if they did or chose to give time to some other Ocupation then fair enough its the clubs tickets at the end of the day...

Back on topic,

If it was the NHS/Police/Fire Service, local bin men who the club did deside to go free, I'd be all for the club recognising this jobs too... any job, the point is.. A. Caley have not said they would support it yet, and if they did or chose to give time to some other Ocupation then fair enough its the clubs tickets at the end of the day...

Are you saying that they would have to recognise your job first though?

What if they recognised the Police but not your job, how would you feel?

I'd be pissed off if I was RAF too, the army couldn't be arsed keeping their Air Corps but the Navy retained their Fleet Air Arm. B) :tonguecheek: :tonguecheek:

Edit for the sake of being fair, you never did say whether you were mistaken or not in thinking that the Marines were a separate service?

Just the army? or do you mean HM forces.. Army are just a small part of it.. Navy, RAF, Marines all different forces..

I'll look in to the Marines thing, as for your so called Fleet Air Arm.. the ships carry our jets flown by our pilots, some harriers (they are on our INV) but flown by the odd seaman lol, your choppers.. well you can keep them, they are all U/S if you read the red tops. lol

Back on topic,

Are you saying that they would have to recognise your job first though?

What if they recognised the Police but not your job, how would you feel?

Now reel that line in and cast it out again.. I'd do my job if no 1 knew what it was....

I honestly wouldnt care its the Clubs choice... We dont get recognised by most anyway, just get in the papers when someone dies or the Red tops have nothing better to do..

I do my job for may reasons, being recognised is not one of them, i dont care if we didnt get recognised, now reel your line back in and cast it back out....

Edited by georgeios

Guest birdog

If thats how you see it... did you notice the 1980's... we have had 2 bombs from the Taliban Al Qaeda, and remember it was them that started it with 9/11, if we didnt help the US as an part of the coalitions it could have been alot worse, remember the Trade Center was a finance hub as it london... most places have there own local Terror groups, look at spain, france, the ruskys.. come on now big yin do you not think if we hadnt gone to war on terror (Along side the USA) then we would still be getting Terrorists on our main land not from the middle eastern back grounds.. i can think of atleast 2 other groups that stopped main land carry on's due to the USA coming out and saying ANY Terror group or group that apposes the free world is under threat ..

Since we are being so specific about things (Navy, Army, RAF) then perhaps the politics of the situation should be specific too, the Taliban were the ruling faction in Afghanistan who gave refuge to Al Qaeda, they were not terrorists. Al Qaeda are reported to have claimed responsibility for the 9/11 attacks. Iraq was publicly opposed to Al Qaeda up until the time the US started threatening them. "The free world" is a term coined by the US and is very debatable considering the actions of that country. A country which declares freedom of speech yet jails anyone thought to have communist views is the most notable of their hypocritical actions along with invading any country which will not agree with their policies.

Guest birdog

I'll look in to the Marines thing, as for your so called Fleet Air Arm.. the ships carry our jets flown by our pilots, some harriers (they are on our INV) but flown by the odd seaman lol, your choppers.. well you can keep them, they are all U/S if you read the red tops. lol

The main body of my post was tongue in cheek, hence the smileys but here's a couple of links for you, just to show that civvys can be mixed up on the roles of the services, as can servicemen.

Marines

Fleet air arm more than just a few choppers.

Also when you say "you can keep them" the Merchant Navy is little more than a register of ships and seamen which come under the Red Ensign which has absolutely nothing to do with the Royal Navy, any more.

they can keep them then, BD I was toung and cheeking too, but the boy wanted feeding and I didnt have time to find them... Im trying to sway in to a debait i dont want to have... Not for any other reason than its off topic and I cant be arsed... Birdog, I have to say however sober BD is a very well put across person i like it....

The Navy Lightnings will still have roundalls on them... lol... B) :tonguecheek:

Edited by georgeios

Guest birdog

the can keep them then, BD I was toung and cheeking too, but the boy wanted feeding and I didnt have time to find them... Im trying to sway in to a debait i dont want to have... Not for any other reason than its off topic and I cant be arsed... Birdog, I have to say however sober BD is a very well put across person i like it....

The Navy Lightnings will still have roundalls on them... lol...

Thanks, I like to think that I am capable of putting across a considered opinion. The "old" birdog posts were not just through drunkenness though, sometimes I end up lowering my standards in order to get numpties to understand and logic goes out the window. In those cases there is sometimes a little blue on blue flaming B)