FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Alba Cup Semi Draw

old caley girl

Looks like the final should be held in Dunfermline then.

Perth would make more sense

It would, but the SFL only use SFL grounds. That's why we had to go to Airdrie for the Alloa v ICT final, when Perth would have made more sense. Next time we got to the final it was held in Perth, because St J were in Division 1 at that point.

Most wins are Falkirk and Airdrieonians with 3 each from 3 finals (100%) and for this season's semi-finals there are 3 previous winners:

Dundee (2 final appearances - winners 1990-91 inaugural season - runners-up 1994-95)

Annan Athletic (no final appearances)

ICT (2 final appearances - winners 2003-04 - runners-up 1999-00)

Ross County (3 final appearances - winners 2006-07 - runners-up 2004-05 and 2008-09)

For a 3rd division side (and a new league club) Annan have done well to get to the semi-final stage at only their second attempt and have got a good draw away to Dundee.

Here's hoping we can make our third final appearance.... :022:

Most wins are Falkirk and Airdrieonians with 3 each from 3 finals (100%)

Didn't we beat Airdrie in 2003's final?

Airdrie United are not Aidrionians. Airdrie United are Clydebank as far as records go.

Most wins are Falkirk and Airdrieonians with 3 each from 3 finals (100%)

Didn't we beat Airdrie in 2003's final?

Airdrie United are not Aidrionians. Airdrie United are Clydebank as far as records go.

You are right, it was defunct Airdrie than won it 3 times, and new Airdrie Utd/Clydebank that we beat in the final, although they have won the trophy in their own right since then.

But they are still Airdrie, same town, same ground, same songs, same strips, same unpleasant fans....

You are right, it was defunct Airdrie than won it 3 times, and new Airdrie Utd/Clydebank that we beat in the final, although they have won the trophy in their own right since then.

But they are still Airdrie, same town, same ground, same songs, same strips, same unpleasant fans....

You should see the pleasure I get from winding up my Clydebank supporting mates from Airdrie, they hate to be reminded that they are supporting a former rival, it is almost as bad as if someone reminded me I now support Inverness Thistle..............