FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Adam Rooney

Doofer

It says on the team info section of this website that adam rooney is the 3rd highest goal scorer so far this season in all competition with 4 goals, he is behind foran with 7 and sanchez with 5. Considering rooney has only started 4 of these games and the other 2 are in double figures for starts, i think that is very impressive. He should be starting every game in my opinion, he has bags of goals in him.

Edited by Doofer

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good point... he is our Penalty taker dude so that may have somthing to do with his total and i wonder if the non leauge and pre seasons are included, all the same he does score goals, he is young, He will be awsome!!

Good point... he is our Penalty taker dude so that may have somthing to do with his total and i wonder if the non leauge and pre seasons are included, all the same he does score goals, he is young, He will be awsome!!

His four goals have come against Annan and Albion in the league cup and Partick and Ayr in the league. He started all these games except the Partick game and the Partick goal was the only penalty. Foran, Hayes and Proctor (!) have all scored more goals than Rooney in the league.

I don't really know what to make of Rooney, he's often very unimpressive but occasionally produces a good finish or a piece of endevor that really rewards the team. I do think that he doesn't have the pace, strength or skill to be a prolific striker for us though.

Edited by ictchris

if you are using the stats on this site then no, it does not take account of penalties taken at the end of extra-time games etc as these are not "goals" as such.

Our stats include appearances and goals from senior competitive fixtures only. ie. League, League Cup, Scottish Cup, Challenge Cup. It does not include friendlies, testimonials or any other "non-competitive" fixtures such as friendlies, reserve games, north cup etc.

I thought that, but i was wondering if the Cup games and the Taken to pens and ET was included in his total, I'm not knocking him at all just interested...

penalties to decide a cup game wouldn't be included, he has scored 2 in the league and 2 in cups, for the truest goal scoring figures you would have to find out how many minutes has been played divided by goals as a %, as you could be a sub and come on for 2 mins or most of the game.Or start and then be subbed.

If he could put the ball in the back of the net for every chance that he gets, he would be worth more than Wayne Rooney.

I have got a feeling that his chance v scoring ratio is about to steadily climb.

I must speed up my typing !

Edited by 12th Man

I thought that, but i was wondering if the Cup games and the Taken to pens and ET was included in his total, I'm not knocking him at all just interested...

penalties to decide a cup game wouldn't be included, he has scored 2 in the league and 2 in cups, for the truest goal scoring figures you would have to find out how many minutes has been played divided by goals as a %, as you could be a sub and come on for 2 mins or most of the game.Or start and then be subbed.

If he could put the ball in the back of the net for every chance that he gets, he would be worth more than Wayne Rooney.

Even Torres doesnt put the ball in the net every chance he gets

Even Torres doesnt put the ball in the net every chance he gets

He did on Sunday :)

I think that people including me get pissed off with him because this season he has had quite a lot of one on ones and has missed most of them. People only comment on the negatives and ignore the positives (evidence is some of the thrads on here) so that me be a reason he has taken some criticsm. If we continue playing this formation I dont see why he cant get lots of chances. Lets just hope he can take them

Terry's new system will provide Rooney with a platform to play in in a run of consecutive games in this division. The jury remains out on just how a good a striker he is, and it will interesting to see if he takes his chance.

I was screaming for his inclusion at times last season, simply because he was the only striker in our squad who showed anything approaching composure in front of goal. Strangely enough, composure has been his biggest problem so far this season as he has missed a succession of one-on-ones. Interesting to note though, just how often he manages to get himself in that position in spite of how slow he is.

Fools seldom differ..... At the end of the day the lads scored more in the SFL1 than I have so I cant slag the lad!!

...and that's why I can slag off Ross Tokely. He's started way more games than me this year, yet we're level on goals :)

In the league this season Rooney has scored once every 164 minutes. If Rooney played 90 minutes of every game and scored at that same goal/minute rate he'd score 19 goals a season. However, that's a bit of a false statistic because he has only started two games - the small sample size is skewing the figures. For example, Derek Holmes is leading goalscorer in the First Division but if you take his goal/minute ratio then it's much the same as Rooney's. this is only because Holmes has played the full 90 minutes most weeks.

Fools seldom differ..... At the end of the day the lads scored more in the SFL1 than I have so I cant slag the lad!!

...and that's why I can slag off Ross Tokely. He's started way more games than me this year, yet we're level on goals B)

And thats my point lol!! :D

In the league this season Rooney has scored once every 164 minutes. If Rooney played 90 minutes of every game and scored at that same goal/minute rate he'd score 19 goals a season. However, that's a bit of a false statistic because he has only started two games - the small sample size is skewing the figures. For example, Derek Holmes is leading goalscorer in the First Division but if you take his goal/minute ratio then it's much the same as Rooney's. this is only because Holmes has played the full 90 minutes most weeks.

I did the stats on the forwards for this season and they are as follows:

Richie Foran : Starts (16 ) 7 goals in 1332 mins thats a goal every 190 mins

Danny Sanchez Starts (12) 5 goals in 1050 mins thats a goal every 210 mins

Dougie Imrie Starts (5) 2 goals in 399 mins thats a goal every 199 mins

Adam Rooney Starts ( 4 ) 4 goals in 559 mins thats a goal every 139 mins

Andy Barrowman Starts (2) 1 goal in 187 mins thats a goal every 187 mins

ref stats football.co.uk ( inc. league, league cup, and alba cup)

If i recall he scored a hat-trick for Stoke in his first start for them. He was our top scorer last season, despite barely starting and despite struggling in the one on ones he has had this season he is the only player who has found himself in those areas. His severe lack of pace is a cause for concern imo but if he is given a run of games and some good service from the likes of Sanchez, Imrie, Foran and wee Odi he will get us goals.

the thing with his pace is, hes a big lad... he's more power than pace i beleve, its not a fitness thing, he does alot of fittness stuff in this free time too..... have you ever stood beside him... I wouldnt take a slap off him.. Sanchez is the pace.....