FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Liverpool - a one man team

culduthel

Well done Fulham for exposing the myth that Liverpool are a top side. They are in fact a one man team - Steve Gerrard - great player I have to admit. But surely he is a player that is suited more to playing for a real top team like Man. United - a least he would get to lift a few trophies in his career, have some medals to show his grandchildren and have stories of interest and triumph to tell in his dotage.

Gerrad should push for a move to United now, otherwise he will live to regret all this misguided loyalty to a mediocre Manager and a mediocre club and its supporters.

Gerrard, get a life- go to United now - you know it makes sense!

There is no way on this earth that Stevie G would go to Manure. I accept he may leave Liverpool but he will never go there.

It would be very sad to see Gerrard end up like Alan Shearer, playing out his days at a hasbeen club with nothing to show for his greatness, and wishing for the rest of his life that he had made a move to a top club when he was in his prime.

I suspect that during this time of injury he will have a good amount time to reflect on his future and see that if he wants to be successful in his career now is the time to move. United would have to be one of the top clubs on his list of desires.

Gerrard for United now!!

They beat Man U last week without Gerrard.

Liverpool have lost 5 out of the last 11 games. One win against United does not a team make.

Some people say that Liverpool have been the "bridesmaids" of the Premiership for the last 20 years - I would say they haven't even been invited to the reception.

Gerrard for United now!!

"Gerrard, get a life- go to United now - you know it makes sense!"

Like that's really going to happen. :rotflmao:

Easily could.

There was a time when Liverpool fans could not imagine Michael Owen playing for United - and enjoying it !!!

Michael Owen has always thought about Michael Owen and nothing else. Stevie G is Liverpool through and through. As I stated earlier, he may leave Anfield but there is no way he will ever play for Manure.

Real, Chelsea or some other top club maybe, Manure never.

IMHO,Gerrard come's across as one of the very few players who retain a modicum of club loyalty,unlike Owens who is a total mercenary,i very much doubt Gerrard could stomach the move to Old Trafford,he appears to have more dignity that that. (Nothing against Man U of course! )

Just to turn the thread title round.....

Gerrard, a one team man ( time will tell)

Edited by Heilandee

Had my daughter's 11th birthday party on Sunday. Some of the fathers stayed around for a drink while the party went on around us and it took us about a full half minute to get onto the subject of football.

One of them was a die-hard Liverpool supporter (from the Pool no less) and with no prompting or stirring from me or anyone else he declared that his biggest fear and concern at the moment was Gerrard making a move to United. He believed it a real possibility - this was coming from a lot of his Liverpool mates back home as well. Interesting!

Gerrard for United now! - you know it makes sense.

S'pose at the end of the day all professional footballers have their price,but some will wrestle with their consience more than others.Gerrard is a consumate professional and at the end of the day how many millions do ya need? I can understand the desire to reach the pinnacle of your profession,but would hope some one like Gerrard would do it moving abroad,not going his arch rivals and rubbing the noses of those that have paid his sizeable wages over the years.As for having nothing to show for his time at Liverpool..............

FA Cup (twice)

League Cup (twice)

FA Community Shield (twice)

UEFA Champions League (once)

UEFA Cup (once)

UEFA Super Cup (twice)

Isnae a bad haul ,but i'm sure he would love to add a league title or two to the list

There is no way on this earth that Stevie G would go to Manure. I accept he may leave Liverpool but he will never go there.

It would be very sad to see Gerrard end up like Alan Shearer, playing out his days at a hasbeen club with nothing to show for his greatness, and wishing for the rest of his life that he had made a move to a top club when he was in his prime.

Did Shearer not win the title at Blackburn?

Did Shearer not win the title at Blackburn?

Think Culduthel was referring to his time at Newcastle.

IMHO,Gerrard come's across as one of the very few players who retain a modicum of club loyalty,unlike Owens who is a total mercenary

Why is Owen(s) (sic) a mercenary more than any other player? He moved to Real. Did very well but didn't get on with the manager. Tried to move back to Liverpool but 'pool didn't have the money demanded by Madrid, so had to go somewhere else. Likewise, when his contract ran out with Newcastle, Liverpool didn't come in for him, so he moved somewhere else.

What's he supposed to do? Not play for any other club? Turn down the chance to play for the English Champions in the very top flight but instead go to the likes of Hull because the club he wanted to go to didn't want him back? Madness!

I await your hammering of Dennis Wyness or Barry Wilson, who both did much the same with Hearts and Livi, i.e. move on for a challenge and better money. And how dare they sign for a fellow relegation struggler in St Mirren (so Denzil tried to get ICT relegated) and QoS (plays for the north then goes as far south as he can and deliberately plays to win thus denying ICT points as they attempt to go back up).

IMHO,Gerrard come's across as one of the very few players who retain a modicum of club loyalty,unlike Owens who is a total mercenary

Why is Owen(s) (sic) a mercenary more than any other player? He moved to Real. Did very well but didn't get on with the manager. Tried to move back to Liverpool but 'pool didn't have the money demanded by Madrid, so had to go somewhere else. Likewise, when his contract ran out with Newcastle, Liverpool didn't come in for him, so he moved somewhere else.

What's he supposed to do? Not play for any other club? Turn down the chance to play for the English Champions in the very top flight but instead go to the likes of Hull because the club he wanted to go to didn't want him back? Madness!

I await your hammering of Dennis Wyness or Barry Wilson, who both did much the same with Hearts and Livi, i.e. move on for a challenge and better money. And how dare they sign for a fellow relegation struggler in St Mirren (so Denzil tried to get ICT relegated) and QoS (plays for the north then goes as far south as he can and deliberately plays to win thus denying ICT points as they attempt to go back up).

Yep. I cant see the problem. I hate Liverpool and United though.

Yep. I cant see the problem. I hate Liverpool and United though.

Naturally :D

My opinion of Owen(s) (thanks for correcting me) was formed due to his lack of commitement and effort shown in a Newcastle shirt,despite being happy to collect the massive salary that went with the expectations, which he never achieved. "Form" would come back in spells when an England place beckoned but seemed happy to coast with little effort or passion for the club.At the end of the day,i'm sure most footballers are fairly mercinary in what club they end up at,but they are cheating the supporters who pay their wages if they then don't commit themselves 100% to that club.I'm understand he is on a "pay to play" contract at Man U,so I'm sure we'll see more effort and less injuries, or am i just being cynical

Barry Wilson and Dennis, i'm sure, never give less that 100% whoever they are playing for