FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Pitch/Stadium Clearing ***Derby OFF***

CaleyD

Lots of people were certain last weeks game would be cancelled....and it wasn't.

The forecast is for the thermometer not to rise above freezing for the next few days and with the gritters being off the roads I just cant see the game getting the go ahead from the police .

How many tractors are expected to cross the Bridge on Saturday?

If they have snow ploughs in front of them... the more the merrier! :(

Seriously... the thought of Ross County fans helping to clear the snow at TCS, as realistically requested by Darren in his press release, really caught the imagination of the BBC "dahn sarfh" who couldn't help but see the contrast between this and the unthinkable prospect of one half of the Old Firm helping out the other. It sort of injected an element of civilisation into Local Rivalry.

On the strength of this, ICT's snow clearing activities found their way on to BBC Scotland Radio and TV and also Radio 5Live.

Edited by Charles Bannerman

Indeed it did Charles.

Undersoil heating is on and the pitch is in good order under the snow I'm told. Main threat to the game not going ahead on Saturday is a lack of volunteers.

I will go and do my bit.

And then they probably have to deal with compulsive whingers like Mr 23... such as folk with season tickets complaining that they couldn't benefit from the free tickets.

As far as I am concerned, this thread boils down to:-

* Darren's original request for help.

* Tabitha's follow up to that.

* And Alex's very timely and well worded reminder that the thread was conceived as a plea for help and not a discussion on the merits of volunteering.

As for MOST of the rest... well nothing surprises me on here these days.....

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Charles, that's the benefits of a traditional education...even when you're p1ssed on Hogmanay/New Year's Day you can still spell and grammaticise perfectly!

Charles, that's the benefits of a traditional education...even when you're p1ssed on Hogmanay/New Year's Day you can still spell and grammaticise perfectly!

Very generous of you to say so but, to be honest, when I posted that I hadn't by that stage touched a drop! (That came later and is now wearing off!)

But hang on... anyone who can use "grammaticise" accurately at 2:53 on New Year's morning needs major respect! :music03: