FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Official ICT Web site

Tichy_Blacks_Back

• 2 weeks later...

WHY IS THE CLUB HAVING A NEW OFFICIAL WEBSITE?

The club has a great relationship with Scott MacKenzie who has run the previous site so well for the last 10 years particularly impressive considering he has been in Canada for the last four years.  However it was agreed by both parties that it was difficult to have an official website that included a fans forum which is often critical of the club and it's operations. Scott whilst disappointed at the decision has been very supportive of myself and the work I have been undertaking.  The new arrangements wit PTV give greater opportunity for the club to offer new media services on a commercial basis.

So it was obviously a good idea then

I don't think I've ever been so ashamed to be an ICT supporter with the criticism Charlie Christie has received on this forum over the last couple of weeks tbh it's not suprising that the club decided to seperate themselves from the site.  Obviously the point of a forum is that everyone has an opinion and they can share it on the board but I can't believe that fans are asking for the managers to be replaced after 6 games into a season, especially when we've not even done that badly..

:029: :029: :029: :029: :029:

I don't think I've ever been so ashamed to be an ICT supporter with the criticism Charlie Christie has received on this forum over the last couple of weeks tbh it's not suprising that the club decided to seperate themselves from the site.  Obviously the point of a forum is that everyone has an opinion and they can share it on the board but I can't believe that fans are asking for the managers to be replaced after 6 games into a season, especially when we've not even done that badly..

I agree with you Harry - I am 100% behind CC, and have been from the start. I think he will prove to be a great manager and as he learns his trade he will inevitably make (more) mistakes and be criticised for them. However - in my opinion - and that is a very important 3 little words (to us all), some of the criticism is over the top ... Having said that, everyone is entitled to their opinion and for each person calling for his head, there are several telling them they are talking through their erse ..... its called discussion ... and so long as it doesnt descend into a slagging match or become about CC's personal life etc then its a valid discussion. You may not agree with what someone else posts but you have the opportunity to reply to say that.

If we wind things back a little, the whole problem that I had about the official site containing a forum is that I could never win. I deleted stuff that was near the bone and the club were happy but users shouted foul/censorship/power-trip or other nastier things .... i leave stuff on and the club are pissed off but some users are happy and some are not. In the end it became untenable for both me and the club to continue as we were. The club have endorsed us as an approved but unofficial site and whilst we will continue to moderate the boards if there is something we think crosses the line, we will also allow more latitude than we could when trying to please everyone as well as the club on an official site.

Going forward - it would be nice to think that everything posted would be positive, but thats just not human nature is it ? We all know that there are some posters on here who are positive and like to think the glass is half full etc ... but for each one of those there is also the one whose glass is half empty .....

Where are these people asking for CC to be sacked? I know a few folk have questioned the McSwegan signing and that we are going into a very impotant stage of the season but I haven't seen anything saying that CC should be sacked? :angry04: <- What a cool smiley!

Where are these people asking for CC to be sacked? I know a few folk have questioned the McSwegan signing and that we are going into a very impotant stage of the season but I haven't seen anything saying that CC should be sacked? :angry04: <- What a cool smiley!

clicky

for everyone to be suggesting we should get Levein in then I assume they want CC out

I can understand what your saying Scotty and can't really argue it.  This is the first time I've actually agreed that there is a valid reason for a seperate official site, I mean I can understand the odd "he's rubbish" but for certain posters to start a campaign to get another manager at this stage of the season seems extreme.  Imagine any of the players or even CC himself were to check out the site, which I'm sure they do... to see their own fans loosing faith already, just getting sick of it

Imagine any of the players or even CC himself were to check out the site, which I'm sure they do... to see their own fans loosing faith already, just getting sick of it

They do check out the site - as do journos, other club officials and people from other football clubs. I am sure Charlie is very similar to his predecessors in noting that it is a minority who dont have faith in him and will just ignore their opinions or take it on the chin if they (sometimes) have a valid point. Charlie knows that he has many more supporters than he has detractors and by the same token I am sure he will be happy to bask in the glory when things go right too !!!

Firstly, I think the official site, totally seperate from this and all the other unofficial sites, and run by the club and not a few fans was a must in order to portray to the outside world that we are a modern, professional business worth investing in. Websites nowadays are a big part of the corporate image of companies. I also think it is a good site. The home page is pleasing to the eye, simple to navigate and is free from clutter. The site is in its infancy and Fiona is doing well to develop it. I'm sure that, like the club, it will go from strength to strength.

Secondly, I feel just like Harry in that I am embarrassed by some of the posts on this site that are aimed at CC and his competency. Dont see anything against Parkie though. Charlie Christie is doing, and always has done, an excellent job for this club and for people to be questioning his ability six games into a season, just because they dont like a particular signing, is no more than downright insolence. Would some of those people be so brave in their critism's if they were face to face with those they slander instead of hiding behind a computer screen under a psuedonym.

I know that players and managers look at those forums and I'm sure the thoughts they have when reading some of the comments must go along the lines of 'what a pathetic support we have'.

Firstly, I think the official site, totally seperate from this and all the other unofficial sites, and run by the club and not a few fans was a must in order to portray to the outside world that we are a modern, professional business worth investing in. Websites nowadays are a big part of the corporate image of companies. I also think it is a good site. The home page is pleasing to the eye, simple to navigate and is free from clutter. The site is in its infancy and Fiona is doing well to develop it. I'm sure that, like the club, it will go from strength to strength.
I would totally agree with that.

Secondly, I feel just like Harry in that I am embarrassed by some of the posts on this site that are aimed at CC and his competency. Dont see anything against Parkie though. Charlie Christie is doing, and always has done, an excellent job for this club and for people to be questioning his ability six games into a season, just because they dont like a particular signing, is no more than downright insolence. Would some of those people be so brave in their critism's if they were face to face with those they slander instead of hiding behind a computer screen under a psuedonym.
Also agree with this and can remember having a conversation (separately) with both Charlie and Grassa a couple of years ago ... basically they were not totally happy with the negativity of some of the posters on the site but by the same token werent really too bothered in taking these people seriously as those who rumbled on the most tended to hide behind pseudonyms and would not divulge true identities.

I know that players and managers look at those forums and I'm sure the thoughts they have when reading some of the comments must go along the lines of 'what a pathetic support we have'.
Yup - I know our own club get a little annoyed at the negativity of some people on here so can only imagine that viewers/posters from other clubs must think we are all a shower of whingeing bar-stewards

I doubt that they care what 2 fans think on a forum. That's 2 fans out of an average gate of 4,000 odd that have chosen to post such a statement on this site doubting CC as manager.

I'm still unsure about him and definately not sure about a certain signing he made but I'm happy to support the team in the meantime before I take over the reigns  :001: