Homework help!!

jagster

can anyone help?

My daughter has been asked to use the internet to research some answers but after what seems like hours we can't find this one answer

Q in which year did we have three monarchs

can anyone help PLEEEASE/

or if your German.....

The Year of Three Emperors (Dreikaiserjahr in German) refers to the year 1888.

On March 9, 1888, Wilhelm I, the first German Emperor, died. He was succeeded by his son, Friedrich III (Frederick III). However, Friedrich was already terminally ill with cancer, and died after only 99 days of rule, on June 15. Friedrich's son, Wilhelm II, then succeeded to the throne.

German schoolchildren learn the year in question with the mnemonic “drei Achten, drei Kaiser” ("three eights, three emperors").

My mate Wikipedia tells me all this.

Thanks everyone for all your help, we just got onto a royal history website and it came up with 1936 GeogeV

edward V111 and GeorgeV just as Alex said, she can go off to bed happy now, seems a pretty hard question for a P6 in Drakies or maybe i am just getting old  Thanks ALL :clapping04:

As for Lizzie I think her proper title is Queen Elizabeth 1st of Scots and 2nd of England

I've seen no evidence of that at all. A quick trawl of the internet confirms that she's known as Elizabeth II almost everywhere.

Anyway, it didn't stop them putting "ER II' on postboxes and naming ships after her though did it? They've only backtracked in recent years because people got up their noses, or blew up pillar boxes.

Next campaign: get the BBC to stop referring to 'The North' and 'The Northeast' when they mean 'the bit slightly past the middle' and 'the bit about halfway up the east coast'.