FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Ebay: Papyal Disputes

SMEE

Do not get me started on PayPal.

a few years ago i put on eBay, Call Of Duty 2 for the PC for ?10+P&P. got a buyer in Ipswich to buy it and he paid and i sent him the game. 10 days later i get a letter from PayPal(not an email) stating that my account was frozen due to a breach in trading thingy-me-bob(i dont remember too much about the wording in the letter). i emailed PayPal and the buy to find out what the problem was and PP said that i had NOT sent the game. i emailed them back with proof of postage of this game and they replied that it was not valid and that the ?35 on my account will used to refund the buyer. I then got in contact with my family solicitor who then sent a letter to eBay & PP that if any money in the PP account or my bank account was taken out then he will proceed in having all assets & accounts of eBay & PP frozen until a judge decides. this dragged on for a few weeks before PP unfroze the account and i withdrew the ?35 and the matter just disappeared.

Havent used PP or eBay since and yet i still get emails from them and i tell them where to stick the emails.

• 1 month later...

Well...to cut a long story short. In their wisdom Paypal decided to side with the buyer. Yet...when i asked for details of WHY they did so, they were unable to give any in depth reason as to why. The buyer was making out the guitar was unplayable which is laffable. I pointed out to Paypal, that they have effectivley found me guilty of something without any evidence .

I decided NOT to go along with the decision. Paypal have reimbursed the buyer, but they will not be getting a penny out of me.

I presume the buyer has been able to keep the guitar and Ebay themselves has paid the buyer back the money. This has happened to me before as i sell on ebay very regularly.

It's the gamble you have to take when you sell things and i can understand the buyers frustration at times as things i have purchased off ebay has came and it is not quite what i expected. I always offer a full refund but will expect the buyer to pay for the postage on returning the item. Once it has been returned i then give my refund.