FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Its the last day...

caley100

..tomorrow for signing new players, and with not much on the horizon its seems that Rankin will be the only new face to our team.

I wonder if CC and Parkie are reasonably happy with the squad or are they tryiong hard to get cover?

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We certainly seem to be the least active SPL team in the transfer market. I think most fans would agree we do need to strengthen the squad but are the funds there?

Apparently we have been making some 'enquiries' about a couple of SPL players over the last few days but GB said if anyone comes in then someone else would have to go out on loan!!  :017:

According to CC's interview with Charlie Bannerman this morning, we possibly have a deal with a scottish player, depending in the club in question can get cover for his moving on.

The other deal is for two young English players who have been released by championship clubs to come up for trial, as they have been released they will not be affected by the transfer window.

And that is it, one posssible and two maybe's.

Fair enough... cant see him getting a new left back, although i agree with you.

Brew's theory is that you should always have two players to cover each position to keep the pressure on him.

Rossco knows he will play except in times of injury, he should in fact be dropped till he proves fitness, if only we had Proctor....

Quite correct. I will no doubt get shot down for this but recently Tokely has been gash and he should be dropped. If he was Wyness then there would be loads of people on here calling for him to be dropped. Why is Rosscoe immune from this?

If it were any other player he would have been dropped and yet we seem to persist in taking a risk in playing a clearly unfit at right back and it was clear to see this was the case on Sunday with misplaced passes and seeing him get skinned time and time again by the Hearts left midfield.

Of course this is just my opinion and no one ever agrees with me!  :015:

Roscoe has been poor so far this season by his own usual igh standards. I would be inclined to give him another couple of games though before considering dropping him.

*splutter* No way! I wouldn't persevere with a player who is clearly playing well below standard. He cost us at least one goal on Saturday and it was a crucial one at 2 - 1.

And before anyone says what about Wyness I still maintain that while he hasn't scored his link up play with the rest of the team has been very important to us. You could see that on Saturday for example.

Broonie

Rossco    Dods    Munro    Hastings

That is our defense!

I think we need cover defensive areas but remember Morgan can also play at Left Back.  Some cover on the wings and CC has said that he is trying to get a player to support upfront.

Sorted!

Rossco is a legend and has played his games this season without a sniff of preseason, give the guy a break I guarantee he will become as reliable as ever

Guest kingkojak

i know they neither are specificly right backs but they are still defensive players and regardless of wether golly is or isnt good enough to be playing in the SPL the option is there to rest tokely for a week.  he obviously isnt fit and something needs to be done.  hopefully one of the players CC is looking at will be able to fill tokers size 12's

I've been wondering all day who this forward we are interested in may be. I can't even work out which SPL club it might be. No side outwith the OF are over burdened with strikers.

Chances are it'll come to nothing as usual and we'll never know.