FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Its the last day...

caley100

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Heard that we have signed or have coming on trial some Icelander? anyone else heard?

There is no way we could afford ex Old firm players unless they are well past it, Malcolm etc will head to the Championship and still get £8 - £10 k a week

So CC is now the bad guy cos he hasn't signed someone.

Fact: Every club in the league, apart from OF, are looking for the same type of player and have failed to secure any.

Fact: There just isnt an abundance of good players out there at the price we can afford.

Fact: Another thousand or two through the gates EVERY week would give us the funds to attract people.

CC cant be blamed if there isnt anyone available. I'm sure he has tried his best. He's not looking for anyone available. He's looking for people who will fit into our team. Be part of our team ethics and be good for our club.

As things stand we do have enough cover to get by for the time being and maybe the trialists will succeed

We supposedly made a bid of 40 - 50k for Stewart but he chose Falkirk.

Quite glad he did as I am not sure he is worth anything like that. Also CC first two signings would have totalled over 100k!  :010:

Why has no one mentioned that Caley signed Gary McSwegan from County ?

Is this the ostrich syndrome - burrying your head in the sand will not make it go away !!

I've missed laughing at you  :015:  :016:

*Clicky clicky*

Who's laughing at who ??  You are the lot that signed McSwegan !  :015:

And as a player too   :015:  ohh my sides are getting sore...

On a serious note, I believe he will be helping out with coaching too, he has been doing all his badges etc. while at County..  But at least it's a huge wage bill off our books.

Feyenoord keeps telling us that you guys have the same forum software as this site yet you seem to struggle to use it - learn to quote properly!  :016:

Again on a more serious note it is not a signing I am happy with. I can only assume like you say it will be more for the coaching side of things. I would not be happy if he is to feature in the first team at any point in the future.

Have we signed McSwegan or not?  Why hasn't the official website been updated with this stuff?  It's very laudable that we are encouraging kids to eat healthily but surely more fans are interested in who we have signed than what types of bagel you can get in the IRA canteen.

If we have signed McSwegan then surely it's only for cover, i.e. bench.  He was a good player ten years ago but now is very much on the slide - he has scored one goal in the last two seasons for County, in the First Division!

Any info on these trialists?

Guest 1MORESEASONBLACK

mcswegan is officially an ICT player.

I hope it all goes well for him and the club. Still could have done with cover for Tokley - saw him munching on a big greasy bacon/ burger roll from that greasy burger van in the car park of a well known DIY store - great to see the healthy eating legacy of Brewster is still going strong!!!

Guest kingkojak

He has and thats that. Hes been signed for cover for the front two. Apparently we got him on the Sammy Lee Cheap Cheap

:015: :015: :015:

1MSB you cant convince people by proclaiming an oxymoron.  'he has and thats that'....'apparently signed him on...'

FFS  :33:

Guest 1MORESEASONBLACK

oxymorons minus the oxy's are rife on this forum but why would one lie about such a thing.  If somebody would like to take a bet they are more than welcome. The fact of the matter is GM is an ICT player.

Guest 1MORESEASONBLACK

He has and thats that. Hes been signed for cover for the front two. Apparently we got him on the Sammy Lee Cheap Cheap

:015: :015: :015:

1MSB you cant convince people by proclaiming an oxymoron.  'he has and thats that'....'apparently signed him on...'

FFS  :33:

I dont think there is an oxymoron in that sentence . if you neeed a refresher course in oxymorons i can provide one example ...........'constant variable' ..............how can a constant be variable ????!!!!!!!!?????????

Embarassing....

That's what this page is. We are just about the only team with no signing news, and just a "hope" to do some. We either need some new faces or some other news, sharpish.

The worlds most popular news site...allegedly

We have signed McSwegan for cover upfront and still have 2 players on trial as far as I know, so realisticly we could make 3 signings, which is more than most teams in the league.  Christie has already stated in the press that we have no scouting system, hopefully when that is sorted we will be in a better position to pick up players through the winter transfer market.

Who cares if nothing in the BBC site, I prefer when we stay out the press these days anyway.

Who cares if nothing in the BBC site, I prefer when we stay out the press these days anyway.

Charlie might want to start with not blabbing to the press who we are trying to sign  :003:

I'd prefer it if all deals are kept under wraps until they are finalised.