FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

ICT Highlights - Breach of copyright

Scotty

It has been brought to my attention that some portions of the highlights produced by ICT/CTO/AndyCAM which are licensed for use ONLY on the official site of ICT at www.ictfc.co.uk (we are not even allowed to show it here even though we help to produce it ) have been popping up on YouTube as part of a montage of our unbeaten run / championship tilt.

Some of the video has been cropped to try and remove the captioning but there are a couple of places where it can be seen (by me at least) and this clearly confirms that it is from the final videos placed the official site.

I would ask the person who did this - if they are a site user here - to please cease and desist as this action is in clear breach of the copyright rules ... It has taken us a long time and a lot of effort to get to the stage where the club are on board with supporting this venture and this kind of action can only have two possible consequences ....

1. The club might pull the plug entirely (unlikely)

or ... more likely

2. I will be instructed to overlay a copyright image or message on the video which will mean that you have to put up with a crest or text (or both) over the entire length of the footage.

I have no interest in finding out who is "pirating" this footage, just in making sure they stop. I do not relish the idea of reducing the enjoyment of clips by adding all sorts of copyright messages over the action and I am sure most viewers would agree .... so lets self-regulate here and urge the person posting these videos to stop doing so ......