FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

What next?

12th Man

Any messages for the players.

With this bunch of players, I think we can hit the ground running in the SPL.

The team can almost finally put to bed the devastation of relegation from the SPL and they did that with the help of each other as a team.

I know SPL survival would be a priority but we could may well have our best chance of reaching the top six as a unit if we start picking up points early on, as other teams get accustomed to having new faces in the ranks.

It would mean a lot to have the same core of players showing their worth again in the SPL as a team.

So sign for your manager, your team mates and your fans.

OK, we have all but won the league contrary to my beliefs (and others) at the start of the season. Congratulations all round, etc.. :blink: ;) :lol:

The next few weeks will be pivotal in next seasons campaign with new faces arriving and some leaving but hopefully we'll retain the services of the core of the team so we can hit the ground running.

There isn't much to choose between most teams in the SPL at the moment and if we get the pre-season sorted out with our core players staying I don't see any reason why we shouldn't be aiming for a top six spot next year. Am I being unrealistic?

I have noticed there's a similar thread started, can a mod please merge this to it. Thanks

Edited by PullMyFinger

Any messages for the players.

With this bunch of players, I think we can hit the ground running in the SPL.

The team can almost finally put to bed the devastation of relegation from the SPL and they did that with the help of each other as a team.

I know SPL survival would be a priority but we could may well have our best chance of reaching the top six as a unit if we start picking up points early on, as other teams get accustomed to having new faces in the ranks.

It would mean a lot to have the same core of players showing their worth again in the SPL as a team.

So sign for your manager, your team mates and your fans.

I support that sentiment completely, I hope the guys sign up as they'll be more likely to get first team football in this team than if they have to fit into another team elsewhere maybe even the bench. No-one wants to earn a living for sitting on a bench even if they are earning a little more. Hopfully the board can get the contracts sorted out in the next couple of weeks so Terry knows what his budget is and what positions he needs to concentrate his efforts on.

Didn't notice your post 'til after I'd posted this.

OK, we have all but won the league contrary to my beliefs (and others) at the start of the season. Congratulations all round, etc.. :blink: ;) :lol:

The next few weeks will be pivotal in next seasons campaign with new faces arriving and some leaving but hopefully we'll retain the services of the core of the team so we can hit the ground running.

There isn't much to choose between most teams in the SPL at the moment and if we get the pre-season sorted out with our core players staying I don't see any reason why we shouldn't be aiming for a top six spot next year. Am I being unrealistic?

A lot obviously depends on the budget. Within the budget players should get offered the best possible deal. Overheads will be lower because of the imposed cutbacks this year.

It probably means a lot to the players to avoid the curse of leaving the Club - there's poor Mikey slipping up and gifting the 7,000th SPL goal to the Arabs before a weak attempt at punching a volley to safety and a pub team dive to miss Conway's modest shot. Markey is a richer man but his sedentary lifestyle shows no sign of changing. Don Cowie is close to relegation after a good start.

I honestly think we should reward the Shamrock with all new deals for at least 3 years, and Butcher should be offered a new contract for at least 3 years as well. Rooney deserves a pay rise and a longer contract, and Foran should be enticed to stay with a minimum buy clause or a clause that states that when a certain standard of club comes in for him he is allowed to go for a certain price.

The players in return, should reward the fans and the club for giving them a chance when their careers were falling by the wayside and sign, even if so that when a bigger club comes in for them we get compenstated.

I honestly think we should reward the Shamrock with all new deals for at least 3 years, and Butcher should be offered a new contract for at least 3 years as well. Rooney deserves a pay rise and a longer contract, and Foran should be enticed to stay with a minimum buy clause or a clause that states that when a certain standard of club comes in for him he is allowed to go for a certain price.

The players in return, should reward the fans and the club for giving them a chance when their careers were falling by the wayside and sign, even if so that when a bigger club comes in for them we get compenstated.

Totally agree and we should get the weels in motion now - before other clubs get their oars in.

The contract extension to Terry and Mo will no doubt have helped the moral of the players, and i think will ensure the resigning of the Irish contingent.

We need some players though, full backs are in my mind a possible weakness, if the gaffer continues to see Rossco in central defence we need to replace golly and proc, both of whom have done well but may not hack it against SPL wide players.

I would also give Roy another year he looked good last week, mind you he did have a good rest..

What next?, What's on the agenda for ICT next season?

On the playing front - lets just let TB & MM get on with it. I think it was proven this season that TB has a gameplan and although it didnt look too rosy around Xmas, the pieces of the jigsaw fell into place and we know the result. For that reason, I am going to say .... get on with the plan (and if it can include as many of this years players as possible - all the better)

On the backroom side - I am optimistic. The addition of KC to the Board will hopefully make the rest a 'sunshine band' and we can get back to all working in the same direction. I know KC will definitely try to bring all sides together and make them push in the same direction so I expect less of the insularity we saw when we were previously in the SPL.