Scotty

ball_icon.pngTHE POST-MATCH THREAD

Discuss what happened in the ICT game in this thread

ayrhomesmall.png

Ayr Utd -V- Inverness CT

invernesshomesmall.png

0 - 7

POST-MATCH LINKS
TEAM LINES/STATS (game) PLAYER STATS (season)
MATCH REPORT LEAGUE TABLE
POY POLL VIDEO HIGHLIGHTS

ie8-logo.png

SPORTBOX SUMMARY

firefox-logo.png

Sportbox appear to have missed two bookings for ICT - Eagle and Morrison after scoring their goals ... but BBC and SKY both reported it

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Really pleased for young Morrison, even if he did get a yellow for his celebration.

Looks like Eagle got one too ... according to BBC and the now updated SKY site.

Who's a silly boy, then? I had all my arrangements made to go to Ayr today

and decided, at the last minute, that it would be a non-event because of the

euphoria after Weds result for Dundee. Silly fool. What a game to miss. And

what a party to miss. Still thers's always next Sat to look forward to.

Well done to the team for todays outstanding result.

audio of Terry adressing the fans on the pitch (as well Chick's HT and FT reports) now linked in the match report on the main front page - or by clicking the report link in the first post on this thread.

What a game, what a support, brilliant stiff. I've cried myself horse, and just sitting waiting to go back to Glasgow. I've got sone pictures and videos if the final two goals if Scotty allows me to post them up?

A point to ponder here, is this the highest ICT result ever with the lowest amount of Scottish scorers? Of the seven goals, only Morrison is Scottish. The rest were by three Irishmen, two Englishmen and a Spaniard.

What a game, what a support, brilliant stiff. I've cried myself horse, and just sitting waiting to go back to Glasgow. I've got sone pictures and videos if the final two goals if Scotty allows me to post them up?

Pictures we can allow - post here or we can add a special gallery - but the videos cant be posted if they show 'match action' ..... if its video of the fans its fine, but not if it shows the goals as that is copyright SFL and only postable on official websites.

A point to ponder here, is this the highest ICT result ever with the lowest amount of Scottish scorers? Of the seven goals, only Morrison is Scottish. The rest were by three Irishmen, two Englishmen and a Spaniard.
interesting question - I would say yes. Dont have time to pore over stats but I think you will be correct.

Absolutely magical afternoon. Support were brilliant, sung for over two hours non-stop, pitch invasion, balcony address from Sir Terence. I believe during that time we also played football, but I didn't see much other than the net bulging seven times :crazy07:

ABSOLUTELY IMMENSE!!

My voice is completely gone after chanting constantly for 135 minutes (90 + 10 before + half time + 20 after). Best atmosphere for a game bar none....

Can't really remembered what happened during the game but I think we scored a few goals

Credit tothe Ayr fans and the stewards.. first of all the Ayr fans stood throughout the game to support their team and many were still around after when we stormed the pitch, I don't think there would be many ICT fans waiting for the final whistle after seeing the team lose 7 goals

secondly, the stewards were outstanding. No one was hurt & everyone had a great time

Edited by Harry Chibber

What a great day out. Just got back to Glasgow the now and tucked into my Chicken Curry.

First of all, thank you to Harry of the Ship Inn for accomodating us before the match, some good craic. Into the staidum, and it was so refreshing to be given the terracing behind the goals, and as soon as it filled up the atmosphere was cracking.

Well done to AUFC for clapping out the players, a really nice touch.

Now to the game ; couldn't have asked for a better start, 3 goals in 10 minutes. Cracking. It was as if Ayr had forgotten that they were playing a football match. Odhiambo slotted in a fourth, and at half time we were on a canter, thought Ayr were lucky to keep one of their players on the park after the a shocking challenge (from where I was standing) on Hayes I think it was

Anyway, second half starts and we were looking for a few more goals as Caley were shooting into us, but I thought that Ayr started the second half better and were possibly unlucky not to have scored at least one - they certinaly had a few chances. The three goals we scored were good, the header from the corner solid (though looking at my footage of it your player on the post never moved) then the freekick was just class. Through the legs of a jumping Monty Burns (sorry I don't know the name).

Good end to the day, and well done to the stewards for being sensible. IF it was the Morton stewards there would have been a riot, the two pitch invasions were handeled well, and they certainly were cheeful and happy. Brilliant stuff.

It was a sorry result for Ayr, and the home crowd were poor, much worse then the last time I was there that's for sure. I've got some pics and a few videos to come

secondly, the stewards were outstanding.

Totally agree. They didn't even freak for the test pitch invasion ;-)

Does anyone know approx how many of us there were today?

Edited by alimci