FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Season Ticket Holders Being Forced to Move

instInCT

Got a phone call from the Stadium earlier to say that my seat won't be available for next season as they are doing away with them for stewarding. It's a seat at the top of the aisle in the North stand so presumably others will be in the same situation. Oh and this apparently came from the safety officer(?)

Luckily there was a spare seat just along and still beside my mates. Not too impressed at having to move as I've sat there since the stand was built and enjoyed the extra legroom. Never mind..

Same for me. third time I have been moved in 6 years!

Not very happy....

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Has anything ever happened at our stadium? Ever? What is the need for segregation of the corporate and standard sections? One Dundee fan?

Things I have seen going wrong at the Dump : -

Gary Gow in middle finger gate

Falkirk supporters bus getting hit by a snowball

An anti England shout when we played that team that had Morrison construction for their sponsors aback when the dump opened

Rat in the West terracing toilets

Gypo chants

Dundee fan shouting "Come on Dundee, get into this Inverness 5hite"

Anyone seen much else? There's no need for this.

also, I don't think there's much sensationalism going on here, it's just a story being told.

only if buy before june 30th you get the discount which i will anyway and dont have to mave bonus

Yeah, i'm not impressed. Real good way of rewarding our Loyalty. Especially when many season ticket holders, like myself, are teenagers and will need time to save up for our tickets.

Why haven't you been saving up before now? Surely it's not just come as a surprise to you that you'd need be be buying a ticket for next season?

Spot on CD.

Had the very same conversation with my daughter about a sub for her Rock Ness ticket as she "hadn't had time to save up"!!!

Kids eh? :blink:

What is the need for segregation of the corporate and standard sections? One Dundee fan?

Because its the rules !!!

Unfortunately, football authorities do not work on a basis where you can apply a sliding scale or common sense approach to interpretation of these rules so its always a "one size fits all" approach that is more likely to be required at Ibrox or Parkhead than the TCS.

By the time many of the rules/guidelines/recommendations/suggestions and ideas have filtered down from FIFA to UEFA to SFA/SFL/SPL with additional tweaks from Westminster & Holyrood as well as emergency services, Health & Safety and any number of other local, regional or national agencies, quangos or committees it gets to a stage where you can barely exhale at a stadium without fear of ejection, warnings or FBOs !!!! Its a crock of **** but the club's hands are pretty much tied.

Why haven't you been saving up before now? Surely it's not just come as a surprise to you that you'd need be be buying a ticket for next season?

I'd imagine most kids would have been using their money through the season at games etc - they are probably saving the money they get in the summer to buy next seasons ticket.

Get where you're coming from Jagster, but they wouldn't have needed ticket money during the season if they had been season ticket holders....and if they're not season ticket holders then they're not entitled to the early renewal discount so there's no problem and they can continue to save over the summer and get their season ticket when they get enough together.

Got a phone call from the Stadium earlier to say that my seat won't be available for next season as they are doing away with them for stewarding. It's a seat at the top of the aisle in the North stand so presumably others will be in the same situation. Oh and this apparently came from the safety officer(?)

Luckily there was a spare seat just along and still beside my mates. Not too impressed at having to move as I've sat there since the stand was built and enjoyed the extra legroom. Never mind..

Same for me. third time I have been moved in 6 years!

Not very happy....

Yep, just got left the same message. I can understand why I am being asked to move (as they are removing the seats), but a move from row S (right at the back of North Stand) to row D (where you get nice and wet when the rain blows in) is not exactly an attractive proposition. Yes, of course, I can wait until the renewal deadline and hope for some better seats, but then I will lose the 10% discount.

The other point I would make is that I have received 4 renewal letters, one for myself and three for each of the kids, and they all have individual "client references" which suggests that I have to renew each one separately. In that case, there is nothing stopping me renewing the kids ones (which would be free as they are all under 12), and not myself :023: - this is the sort of detail that the ticket office would pick up, but will the online system be as thorough? :D

In any case, I will renew but not yet. I'm sure there will be a deal to be done.

Being of the taller/larger persuasion I remember trying to buy a season ticket in the North Stand for one of the seats at the top of the stairs when they were first built and being told that they weren't for sale as they were allocated for Stewards. That may have changed when we were in Div 1, hence why some have tickets there, and now needs to be changed to fit back with SPL requirements.

PremierICT, if my understanding of your situation is correct then you should give the club a bell and talk to them. I'm pretty certain they'll be only too happy to work with you to sort something out and if you wanted to wait to see what the deal was with seats available after the priority renewal period then they would make sure you don't lose out or end up paying more than you have too.

That may have changed when we were in Div 1, hence why some have tickets there, and now needs to be changed to fit back with SPL requirements.

Not the case, I have been in these seats after being moved from the main stand to make room for higher priced ticket sales, sat there for the past 4 years...

Don't yet know where I will end up as have not spoken to anyone...possibly in front of TV!!

Those that are being moved in the north stand, what section are you in???. I'm also row s , in section e, and have been since the stand went up , haven't received a letter but will not be feckn happy if i'm told to shift. :D

Whats the craic with having stewards up at the back anyway, they've always been down below?

Edited by TSTtiger

PremierICT, if my understanding of your situation is correct then you should give the club a bell and talk to them. I'm pretty certain they'll be only too happy to work with you to sort something out and if you wanted to wait to see what the deal was with seats available after the priority renewal period then they would make sure you don't lose out or end up paying more than you have too.

I spoke to the lovely Maureen in the ticket office, but alas the only option open to me at the moment is to write a letter to Kenny Cameron, expressing my disappointment.

I'm quite happy to negotiate with the club (it's my day job to negotiate, after all) and we can try and work something out, but certainly the ticket office does not appear empowered to offer anything appealing at the moment.

I spoke to the lovely Maureen in the ticket office, but alas the only option open to me at the moment is to write a letter to Kenny Cameron, expressing my disappointment.

I'm quite happy to negotiate with the club (it's my day job to negotiate, after all) and we can try and work something out, but certainly the ticket office does not appear empowered to offer anything appealing at the moment.

I assume we are talking about North stand seats at the end of the rows and not all seats at the back of the stand.

These issues show up exactly how poorly designed and cheap our pathetic stadium is.

Will we be entering year 7 of our temp stands come January?

You're right, maybe we should all write to the board and get them build us something more akin to the Emirates Stadium!!!! :swear02:

The club are between a rock and a hard place here. Issues have been raised that they HAVE to address and they are communicating with the affected fans to TRY to reach an amicable solution. I'm sure that the club, just like the fanbase at large, would prefer that this disruption could be avoided but it obviously can't.

Why is it that that a proportion of contributors to this forum are always very quick to start criticising and jumping on bandwagons? Criticism is very simple to do, particularly retrospectively, but is not at all helpful.

To all those that are criticising now, what would you reasonably suggest that the club should be doing that they aren't (based on the situation that the club is NOW in)?

These issues show up exactly how poorly designed and cheap our pathetic stadium is.

You're right, maybe we should all write to the board and get them build us something more akin to the Emirates Stadium!!!! :swear02:

The club are between a rock and a hard place here. Issues have been raised that they HAVE to address and they are communicating with the affected fans to TRY to reach an amicable solution. I'm sure that the club, just like the fanbase at large, would prefer that this disruption could be avoided but it obviously can't.

Why is it that that a proportion of contributors to this forum are always very quick to start criticising and jumping on bandwagons? Criticism is very simple to do, particularly retrospectively, but is not at all helpful.

To all those that are criticising now, what would you reasonably suggest that the club should be doing that they aren't (based on the situation that the club is NOW in)?

This is an overly harsh view of the opinions of the people being affected by this.

The majority of people who are being asked to move appear to understand the reasons behind the request and accept the fact that something has to be done.

Reaching an acceptable conclusion however is going to be dependant on the location of the alternative seating. In many occasions the people affected have been sitting in the seats for a large number of seasons and if the proposed alternative seat in a location which is less attractive (e.g. from the rear of the JMD Stand or back row of the North Stand to somewhere down the front or being moved from behind the goal towards either end of the North Stand) then clearly there is going to be a feeling that they are being short changed.

Is there an alternative? Not necessarily so, however it is clearly understandable why there is some concerns and disappointment for the individuals in question.

Edited by Tree

Contrary to the opinion of some these are not temporary stands. They are, however, a bolted steel frame construction that could be removed. At the time we entered the SPL temporary stands were looked at as an option but were not approved by SPL.

As for the seating problems and the need for people to be moved. I doubt very much that the club want this scenario in either the main or other stands. Removing seats for segregation purposes or to make available for the seating of stewards is reducing stadium capacity.

This is an overly harsh view of the opinions of the people being affected by this.

The majority of people who are being asked to move appear to understand the reasons behind the request and accept the fact that something has to be done.

Reaching an acceptable conclusion however is going to be dependant on the location of the alternative seating. In many occasions the people affected have been sitting in the seats for a large number of seasons and if the proposed alternative seat in a location which is less attractive (e.g. from the rear of the JMD Stand or back row of the North Stand to somewhere down the front or being moved from behind the goal towards either end of the North Stand) then clearly there is going to be a feeling that they are being short changed.

Is there an alternative? Not necessarily so, however it is clearly understandable why there is some concerns and disappointment for the individuals in question.

Tree, my comments weren't targeted at those affected (I sympathise with them and the disruption / inconvenience that they will/are suffering), but more by the general comments of others whom aren't personally affected. Indeed, my comments about quick criticism without perhaps sitting back to appreciate the circumstances that the club find themselves in don't just apply to this thread but could be taken on a more general level.

What a really stupid thread this is and tipical of the football Silly Season that we are now in. A SMALL number of fans in the main stand have been told they MAY need to move and instantly some of the usual suspects are out of the woodwork knocking the club and we get this long thread.

Oh well I suppose theirs nothing on the playing side to talk about and after such a long period of success in games, some people must be struggling with withdrawal symtoms due to not having anything to moan about....

What a really stupid thread this is and tipical of the football Silly Season that we are now in. A SMALL number of fans in the main stand have been told they MAY need to move and instantly some of the usual suspects are out of the woodwork knocking the club and we get this long thread.

Oh well I suppose theirs nothing on the playing side to talk about and after such a long period of success in games, some people must be struggling with withdrawal symtoms due to not having anything to moan about....

A bit harsh perhaps. Although the numbers being asked to move are small I think folk just want to be offered a seat of the same quality as the one they had before. I realise the club is between a rock and a hard place on this and that some supporters will have to compromise when negotiating a move of seat.

I wonder if the press will be so quick to print that an amicable solution has been found for those who were asked to move or will they just now ignore it and leave it's readers with the impression that a problem still exists?

I wonder if the press will be so quick to print that an amicable solution has been found for those who were asked to move or will they just now ignore it and leave it's readers with the impression that a problem still exists?

Has an amicable solution been found?