FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Fleetwood - Away

Good news - from Fleetwood Town site - nice wee site worth a wee visit:

Saturday?s friendly kicks off at 3pm. Turnstile admission is ?10 adults, ?5 senior citizens/under 17s and students under 19. Under 5?s gain free entry. Match day programme is ?1.50.

The game is not segregated and all supporters are welcome in Jim?s Sports Bar inside the ground from 12noon.

Who said the trams wer'nt working - one of my mates went there yesterday and said the tram practically drops you off near the ground and they are regular and you can sit in a local beer garden to wait for one !!

As fer the game - suggest that we meet up in Scruffy Murphys - a wee bog standard Irish bar with concrete floors, wooden tables, cheap grub, real ale and it is close to the Station, the town centre and the tram stops - on Corporation Street.

Who is heading down ??

I'll be heading down, but i'm going by car with family, so i'm probably just heading straight to the ground, see you there! :D

Edited by ajsict92

Good news - from Fleetwood Town site - nice wee site worth a wee visit: Saturday?s friendly kicks off at 3pm. Turnstile admission is ?10 adults, ?5 senior citizens/under 17s and students under 19. Under 5?s gain free entry. Match day programme is ?1.50.

Even better news, according to the Fleetwood Town site:

"Prices for the visits of newly promoted Rochdale (20/07 7.45pm) and Inverness Caledonian Thistle (24/07 3pm), along with the Huddersfield Town game (04/08), have been reduced to ?7 for adults and ?4 concessions."

It was me who said about the trams, and I got that info off the FTFC website, but if your pal says they're running then that's great! (40 minute trip from Blackpool.)

Weather forecast not looking so good

http://news.bbc.co.uk/weather/forecast/227...mp;region=world

As IHE says, Scruffy Murphys is a decent drinking establishment close to the station but is a little small. There are a few pubs in that area though if it gets too crowded.

Even though i'm working till half 8 Sat morn I ain't missing the chance to see a Caley game so close to home so i'll see you there.

http://www.blackpooltransport.com/timetables/timetable.html

Looks like trams are still not running north of Cleveleys. They were stopping there when i was down there just a few days ago, and from what I believe it's longish term disruption. On the plus side, there are plenty of buses - try a 1 or 14.

Edited by quizzer

Thinking of going this if I'm off work.

For those who don't know Blackpool well, there is a Yates' between the train station (Blackpool North) and the bus stop/Tram stop (is near the Travelodge) which is pretty cheap.

I think we wil prob hit Yates as it is really cheap. Is it far to get to the bus stop from there? (take it from this thread that tram isn't an option?)

Sports bar at the ground for a few before kick off sounds good as well for a bounce :boldblue: :ictscarf:

• Agree 1

I thought that Yates was being refurbished following a fire ??

Anyone if anyone wishes to meet up with Red Card and maself we will be catching the 11.21 from Chorley, arriving in Pool at 12.05. We will be heading to Scruffy Murphys for a couple of swallies, heading down towards the Prom to another establishment (or two) prior to hitting the road to the wee club in Fleetwood.

Anyone if anyone wishes to meet up with Red Card and maself we will be catching the 11.21 from Chorley, arriving in Pool at 12.05. We will be heading to Scruffy Murphys for a couple of swallies, heading down towards the Prom to another establishment (or two) prior to hitting the road to the wee club in Fleetwood.

oh well that puts rid o that idea haha.

alrite that sounds decent, get some sesh army chants on the go:025: where can we find this place from the train station?

If our train is on time into Preston from Coventry Nil we'll be on the 1155 from there (Blackpool at 1218) See you in the boozer...(if I can find it!!)

Off to get the train soon to Blackpool. Getting some pre season training tonight, in anticipation of a big day tomorrow. Will test out Scruffy's tonight and a few others no doubt. :drink: :drink:

Off to get the train soon to Blackpool. Getting some pre season training tonight, in anticipation of a big day tomorrow. Will test out Scruffy's tonight and a few others no doubt. :drink: :drink:

Just finished off the second bottle of voddie with Sunday Brunch :_panting:

Just finished off the second bottle of voddie with Sunday Brunch :_panting:

:cheering: Easy.