FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Next Weeks Crowd

davieB

Will yesterdays historic victory have any impact on next weeks attendance?

Surely the people of Inverness have no reason to be apathetic towards their home town team anymore. They've a team on their own doorstep who are more than capable of competing with the best in this country, a team who don't get the recognition, or support, they deserve.

I'd certainly like to think yesterdays victory will add a few more to next weeks gate.....let's hope that's the case.

Well me and ma 2 kids will be there - and sitting and paying fer seats in the middle of the North Stand. I will be giving it feckin laldy so if any non sweetie rustlers would like to join in - just look fer the fit lookin middle aged, bald patched, kilted, loud mouthed feckin annoying ereshole. AND FECKIN JOIN IN.  :006:

Guest Sandy Cromarty

Doubt if the win will make much difference to the gate, I would like to think it did but we've had good results before and the crowds didn't improve much.

Guest Jimmyski

Well Myself and the wife are taking the plane up for the game from Manchester for ma birthday... So that's 2 more than usual anyway.  :003:

Thats another monkey off Charlies back.. a win over Rangers! now we need a convincing win at home and a win over Aberdeen, not much to ask really.

Anyway, i really hope we get the fans out this Saturday, the team and Charlie deserve it.

Can't see Saturday's FANTASTIC result making any difference to the crowd size on Saturday  :007:

The attendance seems to have levelled off around the 3500 mark for the less glamorous ties.

I can see the Falkirk game being a really tight affair and here's hoping we can manage 2 home wins in a row  :006:

Certainly during the commentary they said 800. In the interview I think he said 600. As Scotty says he also said or it was later revealed we sold out our allocation. Not really sure what we could have done therefore to make the Away crowd not crap.

Why would a performance like that on Saturday entice more folk to the Falkirk game?? More than a few folk have turned up for the odd home game of late and suffered an equally unspectacular  performance but without the **** Turpin-esque result.

No I'm afraid we'll need to see more attractive football, for a sustained spell before the attendances will rise.

...whats that you say - winters coming , oh well, forget  that then! :017:

aye, the one where CC said 500-600 ICT fans in his interview after game. either way pretty crap crowd.

For someone 'in the know' you don't know very much.

:015: :015: :015: :015: :015:

There is the possibility that Saturday's result might make a few extra bodies go to the game, but the abysmal home record is just as likely to see just as many stay away.

We need a few decent home results, and some good performances to change the casual visitors perception that they might actually see a decent game (and a good ICT result) at the TCS.

I remember back to Div2 & Div1 days where we nicknamed the TCS the 'fortress' as we seldom lost there (but we were correspondingly bad away from home) ... Our SPL record seems to have turned that stat on its head and even the radio commentators seem to mention the disparity every week ...

Certainly during the commentary they said 800. In the interview I think he said 600. As Scotty says he also said or it was later revealed we sold out our allocation. Not really sure what we could have done therefore to make the Away crowd not crap.

Click on either the fan report or the official report on the frontpage and you will get the link to the audio interviews after the game - I cant access it here at work as the filetype is not allowed.

Guest MIDGE55

Global Moderator

Re: Next Weeks Crowd

« Reply #13 on: Today at 02:25:27 PM » Quote

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote from: MIDGE55 on Today at 01:44:42 PM

aye, the one where CC said 500-600 ICT fans in his interview after game. either way pretty crap crowd.

For someone 'in the know' you don't know very much.

We'll it's certainly more "interesting" stuff than crowd size and radio stations.....   

Seems to me the management need to sort out home and away tactics, the way we play at home requires a different set up, as the away team come here and play our style of tactic, this causes our players to have a senior moment or two.

Guest kingkojak

Heard on radio that only 500-600 made the journey to Ibrox!    Really poor turn-out for the size of Inverness??

the ticket allocation sold out pretty quickly.  its not a poor turn out if the away section is sold out.

thought we made ourselves heard as best we could on sat compared to the 49,000 huns!  :clapping04:

Yup thats what i think, thats why i wrote it in the previous post.  :004:

Ive seen opposition fans come onto this site before and claim to have busloads of fans coming up for the next game and rarely does it materialise. If i'm proven wrong then great, it means more money in the coffers!

Thought so. Just wanted to check if you really did mean that mince you posted. Falkirk generally take a decen crowd with them up to Inverness given their excellent record up here so to suggest 200 Falkirk fans will come up is either a a very poor fishing trip or an insult which is ironic given our poor Away crowds at grounds.

I don't think they will take 1,000 fans up but if they did great. With our rip off prices we stand to pocket at least 15k from them.

However, given that they took at least 250 up for a pointless midweek game there is no reason why they couldn't hit something like 600 - 700 IMHO.