FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

BREWSTER'S FAMOUS QUOTES

CELTIC1CALEY3

As Alex Smith headed in a permanent downward spiral his media quotes became more and more cliche ridden and predictable. So what are your favourite quotes from the great man (as the grim reaper Sturrock awaits!)?

For instance, after putting an unfit Lee Wilkie on the bench for the visit of Celtic to add presence to his team he witnessed 26 out of 28 games where he did not get a win. His team, bereft of talent because only Craig Brewster can play football even at 40, sunk to the bottom.

After his reserves won this week his classic in the Evening Telegraph was '“It shows there is competition for first-team places, which is something we need.”

Well done Craig!

Inverness tried very hard to keep us, with a contract offer through to 2009, but I just feel there's great potential at Dundee United," continued Brewster. "The fans believe they should be better than where they are because there are good players, but I say the league position never lies. But there is potential - a great stadium, good training facilities, a great fan-base and, sure, they've got some decent players.

"They will have a lot to live up to if they are to give me as much as the Caley Thistle players gave me. Fitness is massive for me. If you're not fit and strong, you lose more games. ''

The importance of every little sign and detail was the motivation for Brewster’s attempt to ventilate a stadium he came to regard as a Colditz on Sandeman Street. “I came in at pre-season and got all the bars taken off the windows at Tannadice. They were security bars, but the windows are too high up for that to be an issue. And we got all the windows cleaned. I brought it on myself to change that because the place was like a prison. No disrespect, but it was a prison. It was brutal at times. Brutal. I got a new floor in. Got the place painted. New pictures in, glossy pictures of previous players. Anything to get a freshness about the place.”

"I have said to the players things are tough and that it is going to be tough in the First Division, because, if we keep performing like that, then that is were we are going to be playing next season."

:015: :015: :015: :015: :015:

He refused to pledge that he could turn round the situation, however. “I’d like to say yes, but at the end of the day when you go 27 games with two wins you’ve got to question everything about the club. It’s obviously not been happening, maybe we just aren’t good enough. ''

Inspirational eh!!!

''.....to be fair, I never thought we looked like winning today.''

"I keep asking for a reaction. At the end of the day it doesn't matter how good you are, you can only work with the tools you've got..... and people will maybe question me, whether I've got the ability. I had the ability at Inverness. Those boys responded to me brilliantly. But at Dundee United it is not happening.''

Confirmation that Craig believes he is superman and his players mediocre.

It’s tough at the moment and it will be tough in the first division because that’s where we are heading if we carry on playing like that” .... a rare moment of truth from the Big Man

Maybe people will question my ability. I had the ability when I was at Inverness where the boys there responded to me brilliantly but at Dundee United it’s not happening." .... maybe it was the team that had the ability Craigy boy ... not you ???

But it doesn’t matter how good you are, you can only work with the tools you’ve got.’’ .... Its official, Dundee United players are 'tools' .... or maybe you are the tool for taking the job in the first place Craig ??? (I know someone else had this, but him calling his players 'tools' made me laugh out loud.

Nice one Scotty

:015: :015: :015: :015: :015:

Agreed and with your permission I'd like to "borrow" the pic for use as my sig on the DUFC message board  :001:

with your permission I'd like to "borrow" the pic for use as my sig on the DUFC message board

no worries - although to be fair, I 'made' the image from two others that dont belong to me  :010:

with your permission I'd like to "borrow" the pic for use as my sig on the DUFC message board

no worries - although to be fair, I 'made' the image from two others that dont belong to me  :010:

Yeah I know but it's only polite to ask......... Then go ahead and use it before you reply  :004:

24 October 2006 Dundee United chairman Eddie Thompson insists it is 'business as usual' despite speculation over the future of player-manager Craig Brewster.

16 December 2005 Dundee United manager Gordon Chisholm insists it is "business as usual" even though he could face the sack if his side do not beat Dunfermline Athletic.

24 October 2006 Dundee United chairman Eddie Thompson insists it is 'business as usual' despite speculation over the future of player-manager Craig Brewster.

16 December 2005 Dundee United manager Gordon Chisholm insists it is "business as usual" even though he could face the sack if his side do not beat Dunfermline Athletic.

Yeah, the grocer's usual business when not selling cornflakes is sacking football managers is it not?

13 January 2006 Brewster takes over at Tannadice

Brewster added: "It's very difficult to walk away but I've been given an opportunity that I feel is right for me at this moment."

I'm setting no targets other than to get the best out of the players. I'm looking for better performance levels, and if we get that, we'll get results.

23 October 2006 The funereal atmosphere around Tannadice these days is understandable. Mair ''God knows what direction we're going in," Alex Smith. ''Craig needs help.''