FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Brew gone???

Queen Beastie

As somebody pointed out the other day, I just hope he goes before January.  That way he won't be back in for our players.  On the Utd Mad board they are angry that he put all his efforts into getting our player and probably missed out on others.  Shame  :001: :001:

It's Malky and Peter I feel more sorry for as they will also be out of a job, both reluctantly relocated and for what??  A bigger club.

Saw his post-match analysis on Setanta yesterday - his eyes told it all - that is one broken man!

Mixed emotions, whilst he dumped us in the cr*p, he also signed a new contract to make sure ICT got compensation for him leaving. A guilty action maybe - but he was still a good manager for us when he was here.  We've also found a gem in CC, who we can be sure will stick around and let the team grow.  How many other clubs can say their manager has played in the same team with many of the players - it can only be a positive thing for us!

I was really positive about Brewster when he was here, even saw him as a possible manager/advisor for Scotland one day.  The squad would certainly be fit under him!  Grandpa Smith was on Setanta yesterday saying he should have stayed with us for another 3/4 years and learnt his trade.  Perhaps he was scared of p*ssing off the Grocer and not getting the chance again.  he would have though - let's face it, who else have they got?

The curse of ICT continues.........................

For all this talk of hating Brewster lets be honest - he was a rubbish manager on the whole but an excellent player for us.

Furthermore, I don't think CC is better than CB by the distance some people make out but I do think he is showing certain things that set him aside in a positive manner from old Craigy.

I heard one United fan on Your Call saying they should get Sturrock in and put Brewster as Assistant Manager.

how childish we are, are we not forgetting the team that is in place is brewsters team apart from rankin there are no changes, i agree he left us at a bad time, however i also feel the character of the boys we have is what pulled us through, i fail to see that charlie has done that much other than follow in brewsters footsteps. as much as i dislike dundee utd craig brewster knows good players, thats why he wants half our team, he took a gamble and lost, but hey lets give him credit for getting us where we are today.

Okay, but let's not forget Brew inherited a sucessful team in the first place.  He was able to build on the fitness aspect, but I don't think he can take much credit for the team.

Steve Paterson signed most of these players (IMO his most inspired signing was Ritchie Hart who we got for about £5,000 from Brora Rangers).  It's the consistency and team spirit that have pulled us through.  We have only ever made a couple of changes in a season and I believe that's helped us.  Don't think we could ever call them Brewster's team.

Most of Brewster's 'team' was moulded by Steve Paterson, then added to by John Robertson. Brew signed Dargo, a fantastic signing I agree, and he certainly improved things on the fitness front. Other than that he took over a well drilled, experienced team, which needed very little tinkering.

So I don't agree that Brew did that much for us. His style of play was turgid, and his tactical awareness was non-existant.

He made his choice to leave, with which I had no problem, even if I was raging at the time. I have absolutely no sympathy with his plight right now, infact I'm enjoying it!

Maybe if he hadn't done his best to unsettle our team during the summer with his almost daily bids for our players, or made patronising remarks towards us, then I might have a wee bit more sympathy for him.

As it is......I hope he gets sacked, and Utd get relegated :015:

Guest Get_off_the_park_Wyness!

I always thought Brew was very aloof when he was up here. His treatment of the Danish boy, and Juanjo was disgraceful. And he never acknowledged the fans. I remember him ignoring kids "Brewster, give us a wave" chants every time. But when he came up here with Utd he responded to the same chant from arabs fans right away. What's up with that?

Interesting to read interviews with Brewster this morning saying that he had a great bunch of guys to work with at Inverness.... but of course 90% of them were here when he came here... I thought he was a good influence on them when he played alongside them, but other than that, and improving their fitness levels he didn't contribute all that much....

Methinks..He made just about the biggest mistake in his life when he decided DUFC's grass was greener....

Ahhhh - No one escapes the Highland Curse...... :001: :001:

Didnt realise how bad he was when compared to McCall & Chisholm

"However it is portrayed, the fact is that after winning just three of 29 games in all competitions (McCall won 28 of 92 and Chisholm 10 of 36) and confessing, in the wake of a sorry performance at Pittodrie, that he isn’t sure if he can keep United up, Brewster looks to be on his way."

But these three quotes have to go in the Brewster quote thread ....

It’s tough at the moment and it will be tough in the first division because that’s where we are heading if we carry on playing like that” .... a rare moment of truth from the Big Man

Maybe people will question my ability. I had the ability when I was at Inverness where the boys there responded to me brilliantly but at Dundee United it’s not happening." .... maybe it was the team that had the ability Craigy boy ... not you ???

But it doesn’t matter how good you are, you can only work with the tools you’ve got.’’ .... Its official, Dundee United players are 'tools' .... or maybe you are the tool for taking the job in the first place Craig ???

how childish we are, are we not forgetting the team that is in place is brewsters team apart from rankin there are no changes, i agree he left us at a bad time, however i also feel the character of the boys we have is what pulled us through, i fail to see that charlie has done that much other than follow in brewsters footsteps. as much as i dislike dundee utd craig brewster knows good players, thats why he wants half our team, he took a gamble and lost, but hey lets give him credit for getting us where we are today.

:008: :008: :008:

Team was already in place.... I thought I hated Robbo but nothing compares to my disgust of Brewster, he deserves everything that's coming to him. 

Long may the curse continue!