FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Terry Butcher interview

Andrew Fraser

Can I suggest that to save us all time when we type the SPL man's name, we shorten "Doncaster" to "Donckey"?

mmmm, stop giving me ideas for the swear filter !!!!

I'm sure he wouldn't mind a bit of "name reconstruction"!

Absolutely, as removing a couple of letters from the name is the best option for those that remain.[1] It will also help to soften the blow for those that are forcibly removed.[2] Furthermore, it benefits all letters throughout Scotland.[3]

[1] Don't ask, it just is.

[2] Don't ask, it just will.

[3] Don't ask, it just does.

Edited by ilpadrino
  • Agree 2

He was on Sportsound a few days ago and would not directly answer any questions as to what he thought was the best way forward for Scottish football. I got the distinct impression he was in favour of a ten team set up.

As I pointed out previously, he (David Sutherland) was one of the men behind the proposal back in 2006, so it wouldn't surprise me at all if he was still in favour of it - Link

However, having looked at the STV report online from earlier, unless they have edited it from what went out on TV, then I think people are perhaps reading a lot more into what was said than is actually there. It could just as easily have been preceded by a statement wholly agreeing with Terry and all we have got is the tail end where Sutherland is saying...."Terry, the Board have got your back so you can concentrate on the football and leave the rest up to us".

• Agree 1

He was on Sportsound a few days ago and would not directly answer any questions as to what he thought was the best way forward for Scottish football. I got the distinct impression he was in favour of a ten team set up.

As I pointed out previously, he (David Sutherland) was one of the men behind the proposal back in 2006, so it wouldn't surprise me at all if he was still in favour of it - Link

However, having looked at the STV report online from earlier, unless they have edited it from what went out on TV, then I think people are perhaps reading a lot more into what was said than is actually there. It could just as easily have been preceded by a statement wholly agreeing with Terry and all we have got is the tail end where Sutherland is saying...."Terry, the Board have got your back so you can concentrate on the football and leave the rest up to us".

He more or less said TB was appointed to deal with team matters - no more than that - all the politics involved pertaining to league reorganisation were matters for the chairman and the board to consider - not Terry Butcher.

I thought his comment, accompanied by an apologetic smile, that everyone is entitled to rant now and again, was patronising in the extreme.

It's a sad state of affairs that the club cannot present a united front in this matter.

Edited to attach link to DFS comments on STV - about 16 mins in.

DFS on STV

Edited by Johnboy

DFS has been in it for the long haul ... as we have seen over a number of years, although he has indicated he may be happy to dilute his influence if the right person came along and invested in the club.

However, I feel Terry is also in no rush to go anywhere ... He had a good number at Motherwell and decided to leave, only to find the pastures were not greener. A few years of less than successful positions and he ended up at ICT. He seems to like the area, he speaks passionately about it and about the club, and must know he probably has one of the safest jobs in football right now ... If the Rangers or Ipswich jobs were to come along, and he was sought out, or if a high profile job in England became available then maybe ... but other than that, I think he is with us for a while .... and I like that idea !!!