FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Roy McBain

ict247

I see from the official site (Link) that Roy has left the club to join Brechin on an emergency loan till the end of the season.

I assume that we've seen the last of him as his contract is up at the end of this season.

Best of luck to him.

• Agree 1

Spot on Smee, and a nicer guy you won't meet. He has helped shape the history of this club and has been a fantastic player for Inverness.

All the best Roy, and thanks buddy. :twothumbsup::twothumbsup::twothumbsup:

• Agree 2
  • Disagree 1

We didnt have a big squad of players in years gone by but regarding the players that we had, the football just flowed and Roy was part of that success

He is one of the people who have made ICT what it is today.

I wish him well.

• Agree 1

It would be a shame if he were to not don the ICT shirt once more so the fans can give him a proper goodbye, IF this is really the end of his time here.

He's a true gent and some may say an unsung hero.

All the best at Brechin Roy!

Id go as for to say...that over the entire history of ICT....Roy was one of me alltime faves. A bit one footed....but effort etc was always 100%. Consumate professional he is! If we can unearth another player with Roys attributes...we will be onto a winner!

I will tell a lil tale...i might have told it before....i was once on a u2 chat site....and there was peeps from all over the world there. Anyhoo...got chatting to a guy....turns out he was living in aberdeen...and the chat went on....cut a long story short...it turns out...it was one of Roys pals :twothumbsup:

A son of the chieftain of the clan MacBean originally came from the South West of Scotland with his entourage as the consort type of protector for the journey North of a princess from a clan that came up from that area who came north to marry a Mackintosh chief as I recall. The Mackintoshes, the MacPhersons, the Davidsons and the MacBeans then formed the Clan Chattan which became powerful and influential in the North of Scotland over a long period of time..MacKintosh was the head of that union for the most part.

The MacBeans settled in the Dores area of Inverness where the clan lands , or what is left of them, still remain. The other branch of the clan had the surname of MacBayne and took up residence in the Dingwall area of the county of Ross. There is a famous hotel on the outskirts of Dingwall (sorry the name eacapes me at the present time which now does a lot of weddings, etc, and which has a haunted history from its days as a castle)which was the clan "seat"of the MacBaynes a long time ago.

So Roy probably descended from that branch and is in good company.

Hopefully the club could find it's way to have a benefit match for him . He certainly deserves it.

Very sad to see Roy depart. A top man and an absolutely fantastic servant to the club. I wish him well at Brechin and wherever his career takes him. It would be great to see him back at the club in some capacity in the future.

• Agree 1

• 1 month later...

According to the P & J today, he is off to Peterhead. Good luck to Roy, a great servant and hard worker who never got the credit he deserved!

He certainly did where im concerned...i thought he was a superb player for us. All the best Royster..thanx for some great times...you will be missed.

• Agree 1