FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Squad numbers

AJS

Often the numbers used in the friendlies can give a hint at what they'll be. From I've seen I'd go with -

1. Ryan Esson

2. David Proctor

3. Ross Tokely

4. Tom Aldred/Josh Meekings?

5. Kenny Gillet

6. Lee Cox

7. Jonny Hayes

8. Greg Tansey

9. Richie Foran

10. Andrew Shinnie

11. Nick Ross

12. Jonny Tuffey

That's my guess so far any way. No idea about the rest though.

Personally I wish they'd give the number 2 jersey back to Tokely. Him with number 3 is just wrong!

Edited by Renegade

Inverness CT

?? 1?Ryan?Esson

???3?Ross?Tokely

?? 6?Lee?Cox

? ?7?Jonny?Hayes

?? 8?Greg?Tansey

?? 9?Richie?Foran (captain)

?10?Andrew?Shinnie

?11?Nick?Ross

?12?Jonathan?Tuffey

?14?David?Proctor

?15?Gregory?Tade

?17?Gavin?Morrison

?18?Shane?Sutherland

?19?Graeme?Shinnie

?20?Tom?Aldred

?21?Kenny?Gillet

?21?William?McKay

?23?Aaron?Doran

?26?Josh?Meekings

?27?Tom?Smith

?28?John?Sutherland

?29?Martin?Laing

?30?Andrew?Greig

?31?Liam?Polworth

?32?Andrew?Skinner

?33?Kyle?Whyte

?34?Calum?Dingwall

?35?Ryan?Watson

?36?Marc?Noble

?37?Harrison?Stewart

?38?Kevin?Buchan

?39?Ryan?Christie

?40?Matthew?Murphy

?41?Edward?Baldy

?42?Stephen?Mackenzie

?43?Scott?Mathieson

2,4,5 missing? Kept for new signings perhaps?

What I find a bit baffling is the reason for some of the minute changes in the numbering. Did Gillet really need to change to 21 from 24? Did Shinnie really need to change from 21 to 19? Did Sutherland really need to change from 20 to 18? If Proctor is going to be number 14, then why not give back number 2 to Tokely and give Gillet or Shinnie number 3? And finally, did Hayes really need to switch to number 7? Why not just keep him at 11 and give the number 7 to Ross? Won't help with named kits, unless that was their plan.......

And why don't we have a number 13? Do we not live in the 21st century where people don't still believe this superstitious garbage?

Edited by Renegade

What I find a bit baffling is the reason for some of the minute changes in the numbering. Did Gillet really need to change to 21 from 24? Did Shinnie really need to change from 21 to 19? Did Sutherland really need to change from 20 to 18? If Proctor is going to be number 14, then why not give back number 2 to Tokely and give Gillet or Shinnie number 3? And finally, did Hayes really need to switch to number 7? Why not just keep him at 11 and give the number 7 to Ross? Won't help with named kits, unless that was their plan.......

And why don't we have a number 13? Do we not live in the 21st century where people don't still believe this superstitious garbage?

And why do Gillet and McKay have to share 21

• Agree 1

And why do Gillet and McKay have to share 21

Presumably that is just a mistake and Gillet is in fact keeping the (empty) number 24. Also going by that list then the goalkeeper on trial (Ed Baldy [great name!]) has been signed up as he is number 41 on the list.

Also seems odd that Jack Sutherland doesn't have a number especially after some good pre-season performance, our lack of cover at right back and because a lot of the younger guys have been given one unless John Sutherland is an error.

Jack is a shorter version of John - like John F. Kennedy was often referred to as Jack Kennedy. The same can be seen for Billy McKay (William!). I'm just wondering also, is Jack Sutherland the same person as Jake Sutherland who was/is still in the U19s before, or is that somebody else?

Jack is a shorter version of John - like John F. Kennedy was often referred to as Jack Kennedy. The same can be seen for Billy McKay (William!). I'm just wondering also, is Jack Sutherland the same person as Jake Sutherland who was/is still in the U19s before, or is that somebody else?

Jack is a shorter version of John....

Really!

Edited by Joe DiMaggio
  • Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

Dont think so. Have known Jack for yrs as he is local to me and he has always been Jack.

While he maybe be known and has always been known as "Jack", surely though his real name would be John (as is usually the case, from his birth certificate).

Jack has been one of the top 10 male baby names for each of the last 20 or so years. Keep up!

According to Hibs programme Piermayr is 2, McKay is 21, Gillet is 22. Hogg not included yet but will no doubt be 4 or 5. Squad numbers listed in programme stop at 26 Meekings. Hibs squad listed is greater than ours by 4.

Whatever the numbers listed in todays programme, these will be the numbers throughout the season as its a ruling of SPL that a player is registered by squad number.