FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Match day tickets for concessions

dougal

I've been reading Pie & Bovril tonight and the Orcs are livid about the cost of concession tickets for the game on Saturday

I've got to admit they do appear hugely excessive, surely the club should be reducing the costs of concession tickets as these are the fans of the future

?25 for a child to sit in the main stand is an absolute disgrace in my book :redcard:

http://ictfc.com/tickets/ticket-prices

discuss

dougal

• Disagree 10

?25 for a child to sit in the main stand is an absolute disgrace in my book :redcard:

discuss

dougal

Maybe, but ?12 to sit in the Family Section, an area designed and priced for Children/Families (the clue is in the name), is pretty decent.

It's a bit like complaining that First Class cost so much more when you have the option of a cheaper seat in Standard Class which, at the end of the day, serves the same purpose of getting you from point A to point B.

Can Dougal actually make a point properly without having to resort in slagging someone or something off? Was there a need for the use of 'Orcs'?

The club have a family section for that reason, it is a for families and the prices are reflected in that.

You don't go to the theatre and expect to pay the same for the stalls as you do with the balcony.

It's still ?20 for a child in North stand and ?16 for non old firm games. That is what away fans have to pay which is a total joke.

In the first division we charged away children ?15 where they could get into County for ?3. Even in the stand at the side of the pitch they would charge an under 16 ?4 at the gate where we charged ?15 for behind the goal in the same division. We have some of the worst child prices in the league for pay at the gate.

• Agree 1

I agree, living in Paisley means whenever I want to go to a local match for the old firm I need to buy my tickets through the phone in inverness. They then add an extra ?2.50 onto what is already a huge price. That is very frustrating.

?20 for a child in our away end? That's even more ridiculous! I got into east end park for ?10 on Saturday. A very reasonable price for a concession.

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

Supply and demand dictates prices for Jedward games. If you don't want to pay don't go, simple.

Like the Jedward touch!. Will the game sell out though?. I think, if it doesn't, the policy needs to be reviewed

It's the old "If you half the price, do you double the attendance" argument. One that has been proven time and again not to work.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to justify the prices, but it's an industry issue and not a club one. If the club could put an SPL team out on the park and run a club for half the cost and charge half the price they would...but that's never going to happen, not here, not anywhere.

There's another thread on the go at the moment that's talking about club finances and making losses. So it's not like the club are making money hand over fist for shareholders and not passing on savings to the fans. Could you imagine the uproar if they cut ticket prices and then next year reported record losses...it's a no-win argument, no matter which angle you look at it from.

I'm not going to bore anyone with all the other club figures but the average cost for away fans at the other grounds is ?23 and ?15 concession for games not involving the OF and ?27 and ?17 concession for OF games.

Our prices balance out as similar to the average. We charge less than average for full price tickets and above average for concessions. The fans who are complaining this week should look closely at their own pricing structure before mouthing off. They charge visitors ?28 and ?15 concession

All figures are current to this season as displayed on each teams websites.

How can anybody justify charging these prices for children at a football match? How are kids supposed to be able to afford these prices? And this isn't just at our club I'm talking about all SPL grounds. Also I know there is a family section however this is not always viable for various reasons such as the person taking the child to the game may only wish to sit with his/her mates in the main stand for whatever reason.

• Agree 1

The charges for phone bookings unfortunately happen everywhere, business's have to cover their costs to man a phone for people to use this service. Maybe ?2.50 is a bit high on top of the ticket price but did they charge you for postage? If not then this charge will also cover this even if it doesn't say so. Also this charge happens all the time not just now for this game.

When you book online what are the charges, would it not be cheaper to do it that way?

discuss

dougal

Maybe, but ?12 to sit in the Family Section, an area designed and priced for Children/Families (the clue is in the name), is pretty decent.

It's a bit like complaining that First Class cost so much more when you have the option of a cheaper seat in Standard Class which, at the end of the day, serves the same purpose of getting you from point A to point B.

Sweep it under the carpet as much as you want but the problem of ripping off the young fans won't suddenly go away

ICT should be charging youngsters ?12 no matter where they sit in the ground and I include the south stand too for away supporters

Encourage the youngsters not turn them away by inflated ticket prices

dougal

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

Yes lets give all the kids all the seats at cheap prices then there wont be any for adults and eventually no club. There is, of course, another option. Buy the child a season ticket for the main stand then he or she is only paying approx ?8 per game. The other thing that should be bourne in mind is the the club and the supporters trust ensure that many children get to enjoy the game free of charge.

Our prices are much the same as all the other clubs for away fans. At any game not involving the OF we charge ?16 for over twelves and ?10 for under. The pricing for OF fans reflects the fact that we could probably fill the away stand with full price adults. At least the ten clubs who are not from Glasgow have lower prices when playing each other unlike the Weegie two who charge very high prices for all games.

• Agree 1

I take it by Orcs you mean Rangers fans?

If so then do away fans normally get in the main stand anyway? Thought they were all in the stand behind the goal. No idea, cos I've never been to an OF game and most of my games are away games, and I've never really taken the time to notice. :lol01:

Oh and Dougal, I gave you a red dot for an even 10. Hope you appreciate it.

Edited by iamthecaptain1