FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Huns penalties

caley100

Just viewed the highlights (what there is of them) online, looks like we did indeed survive a couple of fair shouts for penalties in the first 45 especially Rosscos where he did move his elbow to contact the ball, the second half is probably where the useless norris decides to even things up after a discussion with the equally useless linesmen, for the Rossco pen it seems the linesman is the one who flags first!! and it was not a foul, and it was not a clear scoring chance, so 2 wrong feckwit Norris.

The second pen. is an obvious dive by the rangers player who managed to through himself in front of Aldred before throwing his arms in the air very dramatically as he hit the turf.

Also didnt quite make out who was alongside Edu as the pen was taken but he hesitated enough for Edu to get a yard ahead and slot the ball home for the killer second.

Not much for us to shout about but Doran is hopefully having nightmares about his attempt on goal after Jonnys pass put him clear.

I've got no gripe with the first penalty, correct decision. :sad:

I'm shocked you think that. Seemed a great tackle to me. Bobby Moore or Alan Hansen class. Why do you think that?

I've got no gripe with the first penalty, correct decision. :sad:

what game were you watching?

Ross makes contact with Naysmith's knee before he gets the ball. Not much in it and a difficult call for the ref. Considering the fact there were other valid claims in the first half I don't think we should be feeling cheated at all.

Onwards and upwards. :ictscarf:

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

Just shows the ref up to be a clown

We should have had at least one penalty against us for handball (if not 2)

And the two ones he did give were both wrong

At least the ref is consistent. Consistently wrong!

I saw this simple summing up of the game written somewhere and it puts it perfectly: right result, wrong circumstances

Whilst I agree that Rangers had a goal chopped off and a fair penalty shout turned down (The 2nd one hit a hand, dont know whose, outside the box before hitting Tokely's arm which was by his side anyway) It still gripes me that the ref appears to have went all out to compensate for them. The same linesman had a shocker too. He ruled out Jelavic's goal and called the 2nd pen wrong too. Maybe realised he called the offside wrong and felt he had to fix it?

Tokelys tackle was was a contender for tackle of the season. To say that he brushed Naismiths knee on way to getting the ball means it's a pen then they may as well outlaw slide tackling completely. The contact was initially minimal (before ball contact) and did not impede the player.

It'll be interesting to see what the ref gives when he has a second look, as he promised Butcher.

I do think that the first handball should have been a penalty, maybe the second. Refs have new guidelines to what constitutes 'deliberate', i.e. it doesn't have to be deliberate (only in football...) but will be given if the arm moves towards the ball or the arm is in an unnatural position. Hogg's arm was for the first. Second was touch'n'go.

As far as the hand balls are concerned I dont think any player deliberately tried to gain an advantage by touching the ball. In the first Hogg (I think) goes up to meet the cross. His hands are high but the ball comes of a head and he's no chance of moving his arm out of the way. The second one was outside the box when the ball reflected of a hand and onto Tokely's arm. There may have been an arguement for a free kick on the edge of the box but I dont think Tokely even seen the ball come towards him let alone have time to move himself out of its path.

The disallowed goal is another matter. Had Edu not touched the ball on then the goal would have to be allowed. The arguement is that the player had put himself offside by being slightly ahead of Edu when he flicked on. If he was then it was millimetres. My view is it should have stood.

First penalty could not be seen clearly by the referee. Tokely gets the ball. The cheating Naismith goes down. If the ref does not have a clear view then he shouldn't give it. The second one was ridiculous. Aldred is running towards a ball in open space. He is looking at the ball not the player and is clearly going to be first to it but Goian ignores the ball and cuts in front and goes down. The ref was not in a position to see that clearly either but the linesman was and he awards the penalty. Even bigger mistake than the first one.

All I can say is that if thats the standard of refereeing we are to expect throughout the season then Scottish footballs dead. It is well past the time for the SFA to step in and do something about those standards.

As for the result, it will stand regardless of any appeals or outcomes so we may as well forget that game and look forward to the next.

Naismith is one of Scotland's biggest divers but I don't think he dived for the penalty. It was a pinpoint tackle by Tokely but Naismith would also have had to have gone over as, where there was once ball, there is now leg. Lots of good tackles end with the opposing player on their face but not necessarily diving.