FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

David Davis

AJS

Best of luck Double D in your future endeavors......don't mention hayes though aye, we'd like to keep him here at least!

Davis was one of the stand out players in what has been a very poor season for us so far, Our 2nd worst if not the worst. I would have loved for him to stay to prove he could have been one of our greatest players but its too late for that now and hes moving on, I personally wouldn't play anyone who i knew wasn't going to be here next week so if he is available today i would be starting someone else like Cox or Morrison injury permitting. Best of luck DD for the future and i too will be looking out to see how your career is doing down south.

if he is available today i would be starting someone else like Cox or Morrison injury permitting. Best of luck DD for the future and i too will be looking out to see how your career is doing down south.

Seems he is playing, alongside Cox and Foran. Decent decision IMO - shows Butcher is absolutely committed to the Cup and has decided to play the strongest outfield team he feels is available to him at the moment, even if Davis won't be there after today.

I think it was a mistake to play Davis today. He was poor - didn't want the ball and was looking to get rid of it as soon as he could when he got it. He certainly wasn't the player folk have been raving about - Looked as though he was on instructions from Mick McCarthy not to pick up an injury. Contributed nothing and IMHO should have got hooked sooner.

• Agree 3

I'll save my good luck wishes till after saturday...............I'm sure he'll feature against Dunfermline

Very petty and immature Alex

I wish the boy well now no matter what happens tomorrow in the cup

He is a class act and he probably realises that he will be in the spotlight more if he gets loaned out to a club in England

I very much doubt anyone from Wolves would have watched him up here but I stand corrected if I'm wrong

We all knew he was a loan signing and that he would probably be leaving this month therefor there is no point greeting about it now

I will definitely be keeping an eye on him as his career progresses

Dougal

The only one that is petty and immature is the person who thinks that is how I intended my post to be understood. Nobody else found it so.

As far as I'm concerned David Davis was still an ICT player until sunday. I believed he would feature in the cup game and I had no intention of saying goodbye to the lad until he had actually finished his job for us.

Now that David is away I wish him all the best and sincerely hope he is successful wherever he goes and that maybe one day we'll see him in an England shirt. And thanks for all you have done for our club in the short spell you were here.

David Davis wore the shirt with pride and should go with our best wishes. Both parties knew the terms and conditions at the outset. It would have been a bonus if he had stayed. I do not accept that we will be unable to function well without him. Next week we miss him and Richie but replacements will be desperate to win points for the club and establish themselves. If Owen gets himself fit he will provide extra competition in February.

• Agree 2

• 3 weeks later...

Saw David Davis play for Chesterfield at Oldham last night on Sky. Never seemed to get into the game much and didn't look the player he was with us. He was outshone by Filipe Morais who plays for Oldham. Zander Diamond is captain of Oldham. Match was 1-0 to Chesterfield courtesy of a Dunfermline-esque goal. Keeper rushed out defender heads it over keeper and forward runs on to score.

• 2 months later...