FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Butcher for England Manager

dogbert

Guest Mahonio

He wouldn't go, i reckon, but surely he is in the English FA boards mind having been an ex captain but if the FA looked at his record outside the SPL, they would think twice about appointing him.

A lot of other good English managers would be ahead of him in the pecking order anyway, someone like Roy Hodgson who is on the bookies odds at around 10/1.

Edited by Mahonio

Although I'm sure the England fans like TB very much from a personal standpoint and for what he did as a player. I would think that they, and the FA would consider him too inexperienced and lacking in management skills/track record from the higher echelons of the game to take on a job the with the expectations that come with being England manager. Perhaps as an assistant manager, but no more.

if butcher became england manager i would die a little inside for 3 reasons

1. hes leaving the team i love for the national team i despise

2. hes a superb manager

3. no more butcher gems

but i think the fa going for butcher as england manager is unlikely id imagine they would go for someone of higher calibre and managing a premier league team infact i think theyd look to the champioship before looking at butcher

and anyway butchers not english anymore

Edited by lukemackay

With the calibre of player one would assume that T Butcher would have at his disposal, he could be very successful.

He would sort out the Prima Donnas pretty quick I would think.

Hope that ICT would get a huge transfer fee (smile) to boot.

Don't rule it out--stranger things have happened. And you cannot fault his spirit can you, especially when spirits seem to play a significant enough role in his life.

I spy wiv mah littel eye.

That terry is a spirited guy

Thinking he won't leave is ...pie in the sky

And don't waste mah time by asking why?

And, if offered the job he will undoubtedly say "AYE"! :ictscarf: :ictscarf: :ictscarf:

Spurs won't let Rednap go. England look elsewhere.

Terry Butcher bled for England! Good manager, done a cracking job at Caley thistle.

This has been posted on a few forums although not in the bookies odds yet.

Would he go?

Just checked oddschecker and still not listed but there are some crackers now added....

Paul Lambert and Davie Moyes are the top placed Scotsmen at 66/1 ;-)

He wouldn't go, i reckon, but surely he is in the English FA boards mind having been an ex captain but if the FA looked at his record outside the SPL, they would think twice about appointing him.

A lot of other good English managers would be ahead of him in the pecking order anyway, someone like Roy Hodgson who is on the bookies odds at around 10/1.

:lol: You are a cracker...always good or a laugh.

• Agree 2

I would be surpries if Butcher was offered the job. I'd be even more surprised if he were to take it. Terry is nobody's 'yes' man so I doubt very much that he'd be able to work with the old school tie brigade that are the FA.

For a start there isn't any chance whatsoever he would ever be offered the job...

But if he was he would be gone in a flash. You think Butcher would turn down being manager of England to stay at Caley Thistle :lol:

Let's not kid ourselves here if Butcher was offered either the Engerland or the Orc job he would be off down that A9 quicker than we could spell ICT

Let's just hope he never appears on the radar for either

Dougal

• Agree 2

Agree entirely with Dougal.

Why do people choose to be so naive? No one can seriously believe that an ex England or Rangers captain would refuse either of the jobs because he's managing ICT. Why would you try to convince yourself this is a remote possibility?

What's more worrying is that I am engaging in a thread that suggests he is even on the radar............ :furtive:

'The English FA announce that Terry Butcher (former Inverness, Brentford, Motherwell, Sunderland, Sydney and Coventry manager) is to replace Fabio Capello (former Real Madrid (twice), AC Milan, Juventus and Roma manager) as the new national head coach. We had to work really hard to persuade Terry to give up his hugely successful career in Inverness (average home crowd 3240). Maurice Malpas will be his assistant and Tommy Cummings will now look after Wembley Stadium"

Note to editors: Terry's managerial honours are: Scootish Football League runners up 2005 and Scottish First ~Division Champions 2010. Fabio Cappello has won the Champions League, 8 Seria A titles, 2 La Liga titles, 4 Italian FA Cups, 1 Italian Supercup and 1 UEFA Supercup. Runners up don't count for Fabio.

Terry has as much chance of being the next England manager as me or Mike Basset!!

Edited by Sorted
  • Agree 8