FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Rangers go into administration

KingBeastie

The SFA can't really justify their actions, in other words they're trying to liquidate Rangers.

Craig Whyte should never have been brought in by David Murray. Clubs like us are going to get the knock on effect, less income that Rangers generate when they bring big crowds to TCS. No TV deal. It's a recipe for disaster. Once Rangers are gone, Hearts will follow. Aberdeen will follow. Kilmarnock will follow. Can you see the trend ? It's Rangers own fault for A Tax invasion and B bringing Whyte into the situation. David Murray has been awful quiet during this whole situation and has a lot to answer for.

I can't understand SFAs timing of this all though. They are being very sly about this.

• Agree 1

The SFA do have rules and procedures in place regarding "Fit and Proper" persons. Rangers completed all the necessary paperwork that showed he was....i.e. they lied to the SFA. I believe that is the reason they have been fined.

The embargo is in relation to the non-payment of PAYE and NIC...in other words they have demonstrated an inability to responsibly employ players.

I would say the punishments are entirely fitting and despite what some might have you believe, they are not being punished for being in administration by the SFA.....although it is entirely possible that they could yet face further sanctions for bringing the game into disrepute.

• Agree 4

Anyone know this Tory hun MSP Murdo Fraser, apparently he's from the Sneck and a former "caddie rat"? Big surprise that last bit.

Former pupil of mine at said institution Douglas old chap :smile: But it WAS from the more recent era when entry was determined by where you live rather than by brains.

"Tecky" boy yourself?

Anyone know this Tory hun MSP Murdo Fraser, apparently he's from the Sneck and a former "caddie rat"? Big surprise that last bit.

Former pupil of mine at said institution Douglas old chap :smile: But it WAS from the more recent era when entry was determined by where you live rather than by brains.

"Tecky" boy yourself?

Thanks Charles, can't win them all I suppose. And I am guessing he came from the leafier parts of the catchment area, not from the Hilton ghettos.

Too young to have been involved in that particular "class war," though I just found out recently that my great aunt, who was brought up in Muirtown Street, was the dux of the Academy back in the 1920s or so. A pretty remarkable achievement for a working-class girl back then, I would say. Would love to find out more about her.

Too young to have been involved in that particular "class war," though I just found out recently that my great aunt, who was brought up in Muirtown Street, was the dux of the Academy back in the 1920s or so. A pretty remarkable achievement for a working-class girl back then, I would say. Would love to find out more about her.

So actually am I too young inasmuch as it ceased to be possible to buy your way into the "Kaddy" as long ago as 1945 although even in earlier days a bright working class kid such as your great aunt could always get a scholarship. PM me her name and I'll take a look in the archive and see what I can find.

Anyway... by now the Mods will be well hacked off at this peroration (good Kaddy word that!) so I will conclude by remarking that Iain Gray the former Scottish Labour leader was also a former Kaddy Rat (but I don't know which team he supports) and that Murdo was just a perfectly ordinary lad in a situation where it's possibly unsurprising that a member of the Conservative and Unionist Party supports the Unionist club.

Edited by Charles Bannerman

Just been listening to Sportsound.

If I wanted to listen to an expert talk about being a centre forward, holding the ball up, finishing etc. I would be more than happy to listen to Billy Dodds. But..........why would I want to hear his totally tainted (word of the month I understand) and ill informed views on the processes of administration, liquidation or adjudication? Surely the BBC can do better than this?

Thought he hit a particular high with the 'investigate the investigation' quote :lol:

It is amazing that many Rangers staff and fans still seem to think that they can divorce the club from any wrong doing.

Multiple allegations exist of dubious practices prior to their current major shareholder coming on the scene, however this apparently should be swept under the blue rug with the suggestion that everything should be blamed on Whyte and Rangers Football Club should get away without any punishment.

An independent panel make a decision and as per usual there is no humility shown in immediately suggesting that boycots of all other teams, Scotland matches and even official sponsors should take place.

Even the Administrator seems to infer that they should get off with minimal punishment as we apparently cannot survive without them. Whilst there may be an element of truth in this, how much more of this circus are we expected to take before we come to the conclusion that life without one of the poisoned 'big clubs' may actually be better even with the potential reduced incomes.

And how can the Administrator, with clear conscience, pursue the continuation of the club when they have admitted themselves that without European Football (which Rangers will not have for at leas one season) they cannot balance the books!!!

Just been listening to Sportsound.

If I wanted to listen to an expert talk about being a centre forward, holding the ball up, finishing etc. I would be more than happy to listen to Billy Dodds. But..........why would I want to hear his totally tainted (word of the month I understand) and ill informed views on the processes of administration, liquidation or adjudication? Surely the BBC can do better than this?

Thought he hit a particular high with the 'investigate the investigation' quote :lol:

Dodds is a two faced @rsehole

http://www.thecourie...e-is-clear.html

They decided to vote against the CVA on a point of principle because of the way the club has been run — and Dodds believes the finger of blame for Dundee's problems should be pointed elsewhere.
Edited by marks

The gers fans are running a campaign to punish any sponsors associated with the sfa. Dunno if this will work but wonder if firms will get worried if they are targeted. However this will probably put off firms from putting money into Scottish football so could backfire if rangers do manage to put their house in order.

Every day the behaviour of those involved in and with Rangers becomes more embarrassing. From corporate financial mismanagement to blatant abuse of the rules at board level, we now have their manager causing carnage with his attacks on the SFA Panel that reviewed their case. As a consequence we have Glasgow based tabloids hanging and flogging them all over their back pages and so called supporters threatening 'direct action' (violence and abuse) against them and SFA employees.

Hurry up and die. You shame my nation!

• Agree 6