FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Robbo

Pele_Is_God

Was his departure not on the cards anyway at some point? I seem to recollect him being quote frank that he wouldn't manage them forever, rather groom his assistant for the managers job when the time was right.

Edited by Renegade

Personally feel its very harsh, could they have not at least lied and said it was by mutual consent? Can only see it as a positive for us, surely Open All Mics will use him for our home games and we can finally get someone who knows something about our team and shows a bit of enthusiasm.

I dont think its really such a big deal for John. I seem to recollect that, as Renegade says, he was there as a stop gap. He lasted longer than expected. East Fife are a part time team. John was a part time manager. I think he was still doing work for Orion and that will always be his fallback.

I wish Butcher could find a way of maybe bringing the guy in a day a week to work with our strikers.

With gates a slow as 600 at home, how could any team at their level attract someone who could make a real difference?

Apart from his wages how could he make changes that would ocunt without the financial backing he wold need?

]

And what player of real calibre would play in Methil unless he was at the end of his career or was a very determined youngster who didn't care where he played, just so long as he got a game.

The closure of the nearby coal pits did not help in any way. I once lived across the street from the Manager of the large Wellesley pit just up the road from Methil and everybdy in that area felt the draught after they faded from the scene.

Keep poking away John. You are an interesting charecter., so hope you manage to stay in the game in a meaningful way. :canada:

Are you on the wind-up Kingsmills? Paterson and Butcher are far superior coaches to Robbo.

I'm not convinced Terry is any better than Robbo. Robbo was the guy to take us to the SPL in the first place even if it was with a majority of Pele's players. He's the only manager to give us two Scottish Cup Semi finals and on one occasion giving us a replay against an SPL side. Its hard to decide who's a better manager between the two but there isn't much in it.

What did he do wrong at Inverness, Hearts, Derry and East Fife? Thought he did well at all these clubs. Can't count Ross County because of what he went through. So his only real failure was at Livi. Can't see why he can be classed as a poor coach.

Robbo and Terry probably would but their allegiances to the warring factors would never allow it. As for coaching I would have to say that wee Parkie was the influence in a good partnership - a pairing that was considerably better than Pele and Shearer and put Terry and Mo in to third place. Butcher is the most charismatic character by far but tactically he is lacking. Perhaps it is a sign that you need a forward minded coach in the system.

• Agree 1

Robbo - a really nice guy, a super coach, and with Donald Park alongside, an inspiration for ICT. For that we thank him and won't forget the glory days. Oh happy days!! Surely somewhere his talents will be recognised and he will find his correct niche in Scottish football - too good to just be stuck behind a mike (no matter how good he is there).