FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

SPL SKY Cake

absent friend

According to SPL rule C4 all clubs get an equal share of 48% of the total pot after expenses and other payouts. The remaining 52% is then split depending on league position with 17% of that going to 1st place and 0.5% to last place. This total pot is all monies brought into the SPL by sponsorship and TV rights

http://www.scotprem.com/content/mediaassets/doc/RULES%20EFFECTIVE%201%20JULY%202012.pdf.

Whatever the size of the pot, the absence of the Old Firm duopoly next season will give the other clubs an opportunity to alter the voting rights and thereafter to redistribute the cash a bit more evenly. Should mean, in the long run, an extra £100,000 or more for everyone outside the Old Firm.

I sincerely hope that part of the upcoming discussions taking place between the SPL/SFL and SFA look to fix the overly top-ended distribution of TV money to aid fair competition.

I am amazed that Sky has remained so quiet over the last few months while the likes of Regan and Doncaster continue to spout lines such as; Sky will withdraw this or Sky wont like this or Sky will renegotiate this. I wish they would come out and give their standing.

Depending upon their stand then the following would be evident:

If Sky pull or aim to renegotiate their package then it shows that Doncaster agreed the last deal on the proviso that the Old Firm were kept in the SPL. This is unforgivable. There is no doubting that Celtic and Rangers brought a lot of money into the SPL in the past but there are more than 2 teams in Scotland.

If Sky sign an extension to the deal without any changes then it shows Regan and Doncaster to be scaremongers who are out to protect the Old Firm and have no respect or indeed care for Scottish Football. This would be a clear dereliction of duties.

As much as I believe SKY could have helped hasten things along, it has to be difficult for them as they (as an external party) would not want to be seen to influence any decisions made regarding Rangers (in liquidation) and how they were dealt with. Especially prudent with all the other shenanigans going on at SKY right now.

Come on fowks - SKY will have made their intentions clear and it aint going to be a feckin renewal without the Old filth. But SKY will never make a statement or allow anyone else to. That is the only issue that I have a tad of sympathy for regan and Doncaster (the only one) as they are in a total no win situation.