FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

General MLS stuff

Scotty

Thought to have a general MLS topic that myself and any other MLS watchers can post in rather than just a TFC one ! Feel free to join in ......

Will start it with three bits of news for this week with an ICT or Scottish connection ... the first seems certain, the second gave me a chuckle, the third is still at the rumour stage.

1. Kenny Miller looks set to sign for Vancouver Whitecaps and join up with Barry Robson:

http://www.bbc.co.uk...otball/18847695

http://www.thesun.co...e-MLS-move.html

2. Montreal Impact are taking a certain former ICT player on trial .... Myself and luvgravy have already laughed about this on Twitter, but respected journalist Luke Wileman reports Bajram Fetai currently on trial with Montreal

https://twitter.com/LukeWileman

3. Toronto FC rumoured to be trying to get Carlos Bocanegra to steady up the leaky defence. Nothing concrete on this one, and they could face an uphill battle with New England (and some Mexican teams) for his services. New England have first refusal on getting him if he comes back to MLS, Toronto are #2 on the list, and although New England are 'interested' TFC last week traded one of the three DPs on the team to Dallas and many are speculating it is to make way for him and/or Canadian captain Kevin McKenna (formerly of Hearts).

Mmmm Kenny Miller eh?

Another mercenary at the twilight of his career crossing the pond to make one final quick buck

Having said that in Kenny's defence maybe he's going solely for the weather so he can get a real tan and not the one he has paraded around in this country for years which came out of a bottle

So that's Barry and possibly Kenny at Vancouver both in their late 30s plying their trade in the MLS as they can no longer make the grade in the UK, it again backs up the points i made on the Barry Robson thread

What I would like to know is why are Canadian teams permitted to play in the MLS when it is a primarily a league for the USA ,does this not kind of open the flood gates for club sides in other countries like Celtic and the Newco Orcs to do the same?

Oh and by the way Scotty I have been to LA once but taking in a mediocre football/soccer match did not even cross my mind, as for seeing David Beckham in the flesh I'm sorry to dissapoint you again but I attended the first leg of the Scotland v England play off qualifier at Hampden in the late 90's

Dougal

Mmmm Kenny Miller eh?

Another mercenary at the twilight of his career crossing the pond to make one final quick buck

Having said that in Kenny's defence maybe he's going solely for the weather so he can get a real tan and not the one he has paraded around in this country for years which came out of a bottle

So that's Barry and possibly Kenny at Vancouver both in their late 30s plying their trade in the MLS as they can no longer make the grade in the UK, it again backs up the points i made on the Barry Robson thread

What I would like to know is why are Canadian teams permitted to play in the MLS when it is a primarily a league for the USA ,does this not kind of open the flood gates for club sides in other countries like Celtic and the Newco Orcs to do the same?

Oh and by the way Scotty I have been to LA once but taking in a mediocre football/soccer match did not even cross my mind, as for seeing David Beckham in the flesh I'm sorry to dissapoint you again but I attended the first leg of the Scotland v England play off qualifier at Hampden in the late 90's

Dougal

Why are Welsh team allowed to play in the English leagues?

Why are English teams allowed to play in the Scottish leagues?

Dougal you have an uncanny knack of finding negatives in anything anyone has to say.

Have'nt really watched it prior to Portland vs LA Galaxy tonite. Great crowd, good entertainment, loved the commentators but woeful football. Jhesus, Boyd moves less and at a slower speed and Beckham is allowed to be as lazy as he wants as he still has the touch. Donovan looks half the player that he did at Everton.