FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

I.C.T. -V- St Johnstone

Scotty

according to Robbo, Andy Shinnie having one of 'those' days ... and not in a good way !!! puts penalty at least 3 yards over bar, then from 3 yards oud misses by even more !!!!

well it is all good we havent lost but it is a kick in the teeth to lose 2 points at the death. Sounds like we dominated after the penalty and probably should have made the game safe. We didnt and i just thought it would happen but it is still very good, we are scoring and conceding less and picking up points but it is very tight in the league so i hope it start to stretch out a little. I would like to hear from people at the game about the equaliser as it sounded like a really poor goal to concede

first hour nothing but a stalemate. then we get the penalty and i am thinking up until now neither team looked like scoring, the game had 0-0 written all over it. this is our chance

a shinnie the best "footballer" in our team steps up to take penalty. the one he scored against dundee he was rather lucky as rab douglas got a touch to it but not eneough to keep it out. i wondered if that would affect him on this one. he goes for power and the ball was 10ft over the bar, not sure if he even kept it under the north stand roof.

after the billy mackay goal we we very good down the left side with g shinnie causing havoc.

a shinnie the best " footballer" in our team baloons another chance over the bar from 3 yards. then mackay forces a great save from their keeper.

started to wonder if we were going to be punished for not killing off the game.

no need to wonder i am afraid.

the last 4 or so games i have read on here from posters how good roberts is for us.

i have kept my powder dry until now as i did not want to draw the wrath from others on here.

i thought after a good goal against du he would push on. i asked tmfj at half time what he thought he brought to the team. he waxed lyrical about the boy.

today, as in the last couple of games i thought he was a passenger, we were playing 10 against 11. please dont shoot the messenger but he doesent go past the full back, he cant hit the byeline, he cant control a throw out from our keeper. he doesent contribute much from what i can see. hence the reason he got hooked again today. tel could have taken him off after 5 mins

probably my expectations are now too high afer the last few results but very disappointed to lose a cheap goal at the death

Over the course of the 90 minutes I think a draw is fair - until we got the penalty (which would have ended up in the Firth but for the roof of the North Stand) St Johnstone looked to be shading it. But we had plenty of chances to double our lead, and the late equalizer was a soft goal which was all the more sickening - our back four had played extremely well up to that point. Warren was MOTM for me, with Raven and Graeme Shinnie also very decent. Reguero's parents were sitting next to my mum and dad and must have been proud of their son's performance - a couple of terrific stops which justified his inclusion ahead of Esson. McKay put in an excellent shift up front and took his goal really well; he was denied a terrific second by Mannus' fingertips. Andy Shinnie's hideous penalty and his subsequent miss from about 4 yards overshadowed what I thought was an otherwise good performance from him.

St Johnstone looked like a very decent team to me and a draw is not a shabby result at all. And at least Tade didn't score...

Bit of a shame to drop 2 points but its done now. So its all about plotting the defeat of Rangers midweek now.

We really came alive in the 2nd half and cut through the SPL form team time and time again. A Shinnie had an off day in front of goal but its one of those things and I hope he gets over as quick as I have.

It was nice to hear noise coming from different areas of the stadium and great to hear drums being used again, so well done to the drummers.

We now sit in 2nd place in the recent form table behind St Johnstone, a win today would have put us top but Im happy with 3 wins and 3 draws.

Pretty much agree with Hislopsoffsideagain. But two points on two points lost.

1. Why substitute A Shinnie right at the death and bring Morrison on? Doing so served no purpose other than to cause confusion around who was doing what defensively.

2. Why suddenly resort to hoof ball in the last few minutes? All that tactic does is give the ball back to the opposition and provide them with a succession of chances. Whilst the first half saw few chances, it did demonstrate that we can keep possession pretty well these days, so why not go back to doing that at the end.

We did not fail to win this game due to missed chances, we failed to win it through tactical naivety.

Edited by DoofersDad

Regarding Philip Roberts

today, as in the last couple of games i thought he was a passenger, we were playing 10 against 11. please dont shoot the messenger but he doesent go past the full back, he cant hit the byeline, he cant control a throw out from our keeper. he doesent contribute much from what i can see. hence the reason he got hooked again today. tel could have taken him off after 5 mins

Whilst he shows glimpses of talent I thought he played more like Julia Roberts today.

Just in from the game and I thought it was a pretty competitive match on the whole. Both teams were on form, so on paper it was probably a good score. As mentioned above, the first half was pretty much stalemate. Nothing of note, just both teams attacking at each other for 45 minutes.

The second half was bit more livelier than the first with the obvious penalty and the 2 goals. I have to say that I thought Billy McKay is building up in confidence and it starting to merit his 2 year contract.Terry sees the training more than we do so obviously knew Billy had some talent. I also thought that David Raven is starting to come onto a game too as is our other 3 in the defence. It will be interesting to see what Terry does when Simon King returns to full fitness. It's actually a good feeling to have a steady backfour compared to last season.

I thought Andrew Shinnie was his usual self today being creative but the penalty was pretty awful. He should of just hit it down the middle and not to the car park but you can't score them all I suppose.

St Johnstone's goal was pretty inevitable at the end I have to say. A free kick which was pretty dodgy and a hoof up the park - you just knew. I can't really fault the players too much over it.

Hopefully, we keep playing the way we're playing just now and get a result at the Sevco and finally get a long overdue trip to Hampden!

• Agree 1

Didn't see the game but guessing there was a lot of nerves about with the recent form of both sides to the fore.

Better having the nervy game today and still almost winning it, gives the lads more chance of full concentration for and at at the Servco game.

Excellent management decision keeping Reguero between the sticks, he deserves this chance and a confidence booster for all the team in the knowledge that if you play well the position is there for you.

Still well placed in the league things still look very promising.

Come on ICT we have the faith.

Before the game I would have taken a point so not too disappointed with the result dispite the ending.

Why do people think that if we win on Wednesday we will go to Hampden. I'm pretty sure only semi-finals with OF involvement are played at Hampden in the league cup. Fir Park and Tynecastle have been used for semi's in recent years.

Before the game I would have taken a point so not too disappointed with the result dispite the ending.

Why do people think that if we win on Wednesday we will go to Hampden. I'm pretty sure only semi-finals with OF involvement are played at Hampden in the league cup. Fir Park and Tynecastle have been used for semi's in recent years.

Ayr played Killie at Hampden last year. Who's to say we get drawn Celtic in the semi's?!