FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

On a Life support Machine FB page

BornCaley

That would be Dots then

Or somebody with a bit of savvee ?  And I do NOT refer to me as I was a part time supporter by then.

Again Dougal has a point but delivers it, as usual, in the wrong manner. In 20 years there wont even be a phone box - apart from an Immortal - who will leave an answering message. :wink:

• Agree 1

Well if there was ever any proof needed to back up the alleged number of refuseniks in our City or for that matter further a field this Facebook page has it This is a new page created only a few days ago yet the number of likes is steadily increasing Bannerman and his new best mate CaleyD can try and spread their lies regarding their phonebox or a handful of rebels but this blows their theories right out of the water Dougal

You're talking out of your hat and far more deluded than I imagined if you believe that 83 likes is in any way whatsoever an indication of the number of refuseniks not attending TCS.  For a start, you seem to be working on the assumption that a page such as this would hold no interest to any existing ICT fan and as such they would not have liked it, and would have no place liking it.

What's more, having had a quick squint at who likes the page it appears that a good many are ICT supporters and DO visit TCS...which is not surprising as I'm sure it will be a curiosity to many...just as it was to myself until I realised that it's not actually about On A LSM, not really.

Well if there was ever any proof needed to back up the alleged number of refuseniks in our City or for that matter further a field this Facebook page has it This is a new page created only a few days ago yet the number of likes is steadily increasing Bannerman and his new best mate CaleyD can try and spread their lies regarding their phonebox or a handful of rebels but this blows their theories right out of the water Dougal

The page would be far better if you/they dropped the rabid bitter ex-hun content. Such tripe besmirches the name of Caledonian FC.

And fair play to you for getting so up to speed with things, having spent the time of the merger in 'Nottingham'.

Surely Dougal is aware of the Caledonian FC thread on PandB which has been running for years - The OP started it with the best of intentions just as I started the CNP in 2000 - but I have to say the number of regulars on that thread is of 'phone-box' proportions.

Edited by TheMantis

my mouse has swayed over the "unlike" button once or twice now! I'm more than happy to relive my Howden End memories on the page but any more "Merger or Bigot" chatter and i'm offski.

Too old for that gash!!

"Telephone Box" Love it!!

Seriously if you never posted on here again you'd not be missed and by the time I die I might have saved maybe 3 or 4 minutes not reading your drivel.  I could've had a sneak w@nk or something in that time.

The page would be far better if you/they dropped the rabid bitter ex-hun content. Such tripe besmirches the name of Caledonian FC.

And fair play to you for getting so up to speed with things, having spent the time of the merger in 'Nottingham'.

Sorry to dissapoint you Danger but I had absolutely nothing to do with the FB page but I'd agree with you regarding the Orc content

As for your other point what can I say I'm a quick learner

Dougal

Edit King Beast you don't have to post what your favourite hobby is when your on your own

It just only confirms what we already knew

Dougal

Edited by dougal
  • Agree 1

• 3 weeks later...

I'm all for remembering and even celebrating our pre-merger history...and that includes stuff like LSM etc.  However, that page does the memory of Caledonian FC no justice whatsoever.  There's nearly 110 years of Caledonian FC and Inverness Thistle FC to be remembered, not just the "merger years".  Yes, they are important and they should not be glossed over or ignored....but obsessing over them or hiding away from recognising our true history because of them only serves to deny the current generations the chance to celebrate them.

And if I am honest....we're probably all as guilty for getting so drawn into this type of discussion every time it comes up.

Were you around in the pre-merger days??  LSM was a rabid caley "zine" hated Thistle,Clach,County Elgin and all the other east coast fisherman clubs.It was hilarious even for the fans of the clubs who it poked fun at.

It was also a very anti-merger publication as the boys wanted their club "Caley" in the league and who can blame them every fan wants the best for their club do we not?

One of the most ludicrous statements i have ever seen on this site to be honest,that would be akin to Dundee celebrating Dundee Uniteds history.Rangers celebrating Celtic,Man united celebrating city etc...it's never going to happen.

I take it you didn't attend matches until the ICT days? as your grasp on this is way off and the majority of fans at the time knew all about the fanzines of both clubs. To suggest the creators of this page should celebrate Thistle along with Caley is ridiculous.

Makes me laugh all the people slagging the guy for setting up this page.It is not an ICT page it is a Caley page the pages uploaded are from the fanzines of the time,of course their is going to be a lot of anti-merger talk in them it was the era of the merger after all.

I in no way agree with any of his "views" but he was a Caley die hard who supported his club literaly to it's death and tried to save them from extinction,i wonder how many on here would go to the same lengths if ICT went through the same mess....

anyway i'll always hate Caley :cheer01:

Makes me laugh all the people slagging the guy for setting up this page.It is not an ICT page it is a Caley page the pages uploaded are from the fanzines of the time,of course their is going to be a lot of anti-merger talk in them it was the era of the merger after all.

I in no way agree with any of his "views" but he was a Caley die hard who supported his club literaly to it's death and tried to save them from extinction,i wonder how many on here would go to the same lengths if ICT went through the same mess....

It would seem he was also a Rangers supporter until they died too... :lol:

It would seem he was also a Rangers supporter until they died too... :lol:

And Wimbledon FC....He really is a bad omen for football clubs that guy :sad:

Al Haj Douglas? From Facebook used to love slagging ICT on the Courier page, strangely quiet this season. Guy's an absolute gimp, loved winding him up.

Have you left him a message to let him know your feelings?

I'd imagine he is quiet this season because he is busy following his "team" home and away......i'm sure you are the same of course

Al Haj Douglas? From Facebook used to love slagging ICT on the Courier page, strangely quiet this season. Guy's an absolute gimp, loved winding him up.

I'd imagine he is quiet this season because he is busy following his "team" home and away......i'm sure you are the same of course

Left him a message, err... why? Doesn't really figure that much in my life to FB stalk some full of seeth, refusnik Sevconian. As you say, enjoying life as an ICT supporter to worry about that pish.

Left him a message, err... why? Doesn't really figure that much in my life to FB stalk some full of seeth, refusnik Sevconian. As you say, enjoying life as an ICT supporter to worry about that pish.

You appear to have a real anger towards the person in question and have called him a gimp on here.Thought you may have preffered to leave him a private message rather than on a board he doesn't go on.

It's all very well slagging the guy but he does support his teams.think he has missed one game all season,can you say the same? i know i can't

Edited by reefinweedallday

You appear to have a real anger towards the person in question and have called him a gimp on here.Thought you may have preffered to leave him a private message rather than on a board he doesn't go on.

It's all very well slagging the guy but he does support his teams.think he has missed one game all season,can you say the same? i know i can't

Whatever are you on about? One comment and it's 'real anger'   :furtive:  From his posts on FB about ICT he comes across as a gimp to me, simple, I've responded to him on the Courier FB page (in status' about ICT games so he was clearly on the troll to which admittedly I bit) at the time, he's slagged me for supporting ICT,  I've slagged him for his love of a dying team and refusnik, anti-ICT seeth mentality. I'm sure he thinks I'm a gimp too. Big deal.

I'm not obsessed with him like you seemingly are so I have no idea as to his forum habits for game attendance. Are you suggesting that every time someone has an opinion about someone else they should try to contact them personally to discuss the issues between them?  :blink:

Also what's his game attendance got to do with anything, going to more Sevco games makes him a good bloke? Strange judging by his hatred toward ICT he didn't go to ICT games after the merger but according to you went to The Rangers games after they became a new club.

Anyway I don't go to games, too much hassle like.  :tongueincheek:

Whatever are you on about? One comment and it's 'real anger'   :furtive:  From his posts on FB about ICT he comes across as a gimp to me, simple, I've responded to him on the Courier FB page (in status' about ICT games so he was clearly on the troll to which admittedly I bit) at the time, he's slagged me for supporting ICT,  I've slagged him for his love of a dying team and refusnik, anti-ICT seeth mentality. I'm sure he thinks I'm a gimp too. Big deal.

I'm not obsessed with him like you seemingly are so I have no idea as to his forum habits for game attendance. Are you suggesting that every time someone has an opinion about someone else they should try to contact them personally to discuss the issues between them?  :blink:

Also what's his game attendance got to do with anything, going to more Sevco games makes him a good bloke? Strange judging by his hatred toward ICT he didn't go to ICT games after the merger but according to you went to The Rangers games after they became a new club.

Anyway I don't go to games, too much hassle like.  :tongueincheek:

Not obsessed with anyone.Just thought when you were putting peoples names on a public forum and slagging them of it would be better to pm them.

I would have thought one with a university background like yourself, would be above such a level :wink:

I just call it like I see it, simple. After all I wasn't the grown man repeatedly trolling a FB page that had nothing to do with my interests, still on the verge of tears about something that happened nearly 20 years ago. ;)

Glad your keeping tabs on my education.