Thank god that Chris Hogg is back!

TheHighlandsAreOurs

Can express how much of a relief Chris Hogg is back,defensive record has been mince,Matty cooper needs to go out on loan ASAP

Matty Cooper is a kid who's been thrown in at the deep end and doesn't deserve that tirade. I'd be very surprised if Chris Hogg is back playing in the next few weeks and would agree with davie that Meekings will be the first choice.

Glad he is back. Was horrible moment to see him get injured. It will have taken a tremendous amount of strength to get this far. Disagree about Cooper. For a young lad he has done exceptionally well in the games he has featured in.

It will be nice just to have some options at the back for a change. Last season was a constant struggle for defenders and this season has seens us develop a strong back four but without any real options should injuries or suspensions creep in so with Hogg back and Devine signed it will be nice just to have that re shuffling option should we need it...we still have Simon King to come back too.

• Agree 2

Watching the St.Mirren game from behind the goal in the North Stand I thought Cooper had a shaky start but what was very re-assuring was seeing Warren and Raven talk to him and help him through the match, so much so that by the last 20 minutes he was almost a different player to the one that had started.  Warren's guidance reminded me of what Bobby Mann did with Caff and also Dods with Munro over the years and we all know how much we've missed Dods.

While it may be good to see Hogg coming back from injury, I can't help feel that he is considerably down the pecking order for a starting spot purely because the current players are there on merit.  So why the rejoicing in a player who has hardly featured for us returning?  Perhaps the OP just fancied something to moan about?  Seems a common theme with some.

Well, being down the pecking order may be he best thing for him because he may not be out of the woods yet.

Physivcally and psychologically recovering from an injury such as his  takes a lot of time and a lot of  courage and hard work.

And it's just at the point where you think that all is now better that the breakdown occurs  again, dashing your hopes and filling you with desperate despair and frustration. In his csae, however, having hadd the best surgeon and a full operation he may just be round th corner from a good recovery

Wish you well Chris. :clapping:

Glad to see him making real progress as been a long haul for him and his family. As for the OP regarding Matty Cooper well I can only assume that this person didnt have to learn their job. Matty is a young man learning his trade and as such should be given a chance.

• Agree 1

Initially huge respect to both Chris Hogg for fighting to this level of recovery and to the club fer sticking by him. Unfortunately it may be a case of easing him in with hope that he returns to his previous self. If he doesnt then at least we have witnessed the "battle" of a clearly very determined young man - that places himself in a legendary status to me. My wish would initially just be to see him on the pitch in a first team shirt again, even if it was a 89th minute cameo appearance. With such injuries a return to the hurly burly of the SPL is hugely doubtful but lets hope that he has a few more seasons under his belt at a lower level left at least.

As fer Cooper - he is a child fer fecks sake - he is learning and has coped fairly well fer being chucked in at the deep end. We dont have that much spondoolachs and he is an excellent cover player. I was really impressed with his performances in pre season.

• Agree 2

Thought Cooper slotted in fantastically well to the current setup.  A little nervy on his first outing...but not surprising and would be the same for any player.

Wouldn't upset me at all seeing his name on the team sheet for any match.

Cooper, only 18, playing in our first team, not much experience in an already leaky defence anyways - certainly looks a good prospect to me and performed as well as anyone else. If our fans dont want to see young players given a chance then where is the club to go - we havent got the money to sign experience players like Ferdinand who is coming out of contract. Sometime I dispair at some of the fans posts on here.

I think a loan for Cooper wouldn't be the most stupid thing for the lad. Half a season in Div1 or 2 to give him experience as a first team regular would improve him more than one or two sub appearances at ICT, after that he'd be in a shape to become a regular starter here.

Of course, now is not the right time with all uncertainties about players recovering from injuries or suspensions looming. But why not in the autumn?