FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Even the Daily Ranger has noticed us

Alex MacLeod

For the wrong reasons though.

An extract from http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/inverness-caleys-dwindling-fan-base-1538612

Seriously. Aberdeen’s Red Army will be a couple of thousand strong and in full voice could, if this season is anything to go by, outnumber the home support.

That’s a pretty sad state of affairs given what Butcher and his band of kids and strays has achieved this season.

Do the maths....

Our average is 3900 (give or take).

In suggesting that Aberdeen would outnumber us with 2000 fans you are basically saying that the average home crowd this season has been about 2000 and visiting teams are averaging 1900+

Don't know what's worse sometimes, the fact papers come up with such ridiculous nonsense, or the fact that people give it the time of day by spreading it around.

The thing is attendances aint dwindling we have never had massive crowds apart from old firm games which has fallen because the novelty has gone and no one wants to listen to those mugs spread there vile any more. I gave up my season ticket as i am now down in england so it isnt viable but i try to get to a few games and of course will be at the semi final. It will get better as the club grows in stature but with scottish football as it is and a club that is very young competing to to fight the old firm influence it isnt easy

An extract from http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/inverness-caleys-dwindling-fan-base-1538612

Seriously. Aberdeen’s Red Army will be a couple of thousand strong and in full voice could, if this season is anything to go by, outnumber the home support.

So it's a bit like Uncle Roy's calculator. Except they have two voices each instead of eyes.....

Do the maths....

In suggesting that Aberdeen would outnumber us with 2000 fans you are basically saying that the average home crowd this season has been about 2000 and visiting teams are averaging 1900+

Don't know what's worse sometimes, the fact papers come up with such ridiculous nonsense, or the fact that people give it the time of day by spreading it around.

I'd say the average home support is around the 2700-2800 mark this season.boosted by a few hundred for some games and lowered by a few hundred for others

Crowds boosted greatly for Celtic,Aberdeen and County

So it's a bit like Uncle Roy's calculator. Except they have two voices each instead of eyes.....

Didn't Aberdeen take about 2,500 to the game in September?

Do the maths....

I'd say the average home support is around the 2700-2800 mark this season.boosted by a few hundred for some games and lowered by a few hundred for others

The average is probably a wee bit more than that....but even at the levels you suggest, 2000 doesn't outnumber 2700 and that is the point I was making.

I hope Aberdeen do bring 2000 to 2500...all money in our pockets.

Do the maths....

The average is probably a wee bit more than that....but even at the levels you suggest, 2000 doesn't outnumber 2700 and that is the point I was making.

Not sure if i am right but certainly looked like Aberdeen had the bigger support at the September game,was there not 2500 odd away fans at that one? As for this one there will be at least 2000 from what i'm led to believe,although the weather might put some off travelling

Do the maths....

Not sure if i am right but certainly looked like Aberdeen had the bigger support at the September game,was there not 2500 odd away fans at that one? As for this one there will be at least 2000 from what i'm led to believe,although the weather might put some off travelling

Looking at the video from the game there's a decent crowd but nowhere near 2500....end sections are practically empty and large gaps at front of some sections.  2000 maybe at a push.

Didn't Aberdeen take about 2,500 to the game in September?

I'm still trying to get over the DR's assertion that all they have to do is sing loud and there'll be more of them :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Ive got better stats- 27 th November,  Aberdeen 2-3 ICT

Att 9193    Caley Jags away   200 ?   

Those couple of hundred out sung the the Red army and ridiculed the home fans, with the likes of  'dressed you your mother'   :lol:

ICT cut through them time and time again,  for those not at the game,  only scoring 3 goals was being kind. Their defense froze in the latter stages of the game, the Latin term for this  is Arseo Collapseo.

journos can say what they want about the ammount of fans, but id rather have a small ammount of loyal fans than a large ammount of glory hunters. *cough* county *cough* the club will always know they have the money of the 3000ish loyal home fans we have right now. the daily ranger can fecking do one. how about doing an article on st johnstones absolutely diabolical home support of 2500ish with next to now atmosphere

Edited by lukemackay

The club would settle for " a large amount of glory hunters".

of course they would, but these fans dont last the long haul whereas the 3000 loyal supporters that we have will and that gives the club a building block to buildon and if it goes pear shape the 3000 will still be there.

• Agree 1

I wouldn't pay any notice as to what the Daily Record (Ranger) and Michael Gannon say. That particular publication isn't known for telling the truth. Also why would I want to pay to read what is essentially someones opinion in a paper when I can come on here and read the opinions of people much more knowladgable for free.

There was clearly no thought put in to writing that article and thats the reason papers like that are dying off. They become more irrelevant as every day goes by. This is coming from someone who with any luck will have a degree in journalism soon.

Also I have read figures that say our average gate is up on last season? Although we are the cheapest ground to visit in the SPL how does that compare with the average wage in the area? Our crowds have consdierably grown in less than 20 years and in my opinion will grow in the next 20 years. Thats more than can be said for the Daily Record's readership.

• Agree 1

The problem for journalists is that they have space to fill, and tight deadlines, so they have to come up with a "story" even when there is none.

On a similar subject, I had to smile at one of BBC Sport Scotland's main stories this morning has the headline "Dundee United job 'very attractive' to Gary Bollan"

In other words : "Man who's been unemployed for a year quite likes the sound of a £120,000 salary". Shockerooney!