FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Danny Wilson Ineligible?

"Regardless of the situation, under FIFA transfer rules and SFA/SPL/SFL rules he would not have been suspended for the LC semi regardless. This is backed up by 1) the aforementioned rules 2) the suspension list issued by the SFA last week 3) clarification by HoMFC to the SFA last week."

Hasn't it already be stated on here that any player who's registration has been held outside Scotland for over 12 months would not show on any SFA suspensions and it was the clubs responsibility to check for suspensions held for players in these circumstances.

Not as simple as they think.

The ICTFC statement makes it sound formal enough at this information gathering stage.

"We have spoken to the SFA Disciplinary Committee............As a result of discussions that have taken place throughout the afternoon, the club will be seeking further details and an explanation on events surrounding this matter."

BBC picking this story up now.

Inverness are seeking clarification over the eligibility of Hearts player Danny Wilson for last Saturday's League Cup semi-final.

The Highland side failed to reach their first major cup final, losing to Hearts on penalties at Easter Road .

The query relates to a suspension he picked up whilst with Rangers in 2010.

"As a result of discussions that have taken place, the club will be seeking further details and an explanation," said an Inverness CT statement.

The Scottish Football Association yesterday stated that Wilson was eligible to play, but it's unclear as to when the one-game ban was served.

Wilson's ban, specifically for one Scottish League Cup game , is recorded in SFA documentation dated March 2010.

The 21-year-old was sent off in the 2010 League Cup final, as a nine-man Rangers team defeated St Mirren .

The defender moved to Liverpool before the suspension could be served, but the Inverness statement continued: "There was no notice of suspension accompanying his registration paperwork when he returned from Liverpool."

Wilson's Liverpool debut came in an English League Cup tie at home against Northampton.

Should there be no confirmation of when Wilson served his ban, it is possible that the Highland side could challenge the outcome of the match.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/21239532

Edited by ICTRoughi

BBC picking this story up now.

Inverness are seeking clarification over the eligibility of Hearts player Danny Wilson for last Saturday's League Cup semi-final.

The Highland side failed to reach their first major cup final, losing to Hearts on penalties at Easter Road .

The query relates to a suspension he picked up whilst with Rangers in 2010.

"As a result of discussions that have taken place, the club will be seeking further details and an explanation," said an Inverness CT statement.

The Scottish Football Association yesterday stated that Wilson was eligible to play, but it's unclear as to when the one-game ban was served.

Wilson's ban, specifically for one Scottish League Cup game , is recorded in SFA documentation dated March 2010.

The 21-year-old was sent off in the 2010 League Cup final, as a nine-man Rangers team defeated St Mirren .

The defender moved to Liverpool before the suspension could be served, but the Inverness statement continued: "There was no notice of suspension accompanying his registration paperwork when he returned from Liverpool."

Wilson's Liverpool debut came in an English League Cup tie at home against Northampton.

Should there be no confirmation of when Wilson served his ban, it is possible that the Highland side could challenge the outcome of the match.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/21239532

Fingers crossed there is no confirmation

Richard Gordon said today on twitter that he served the match ban in the next league game. When I said it was a competition only ban, he then said that it was served in England. When I then said it wasn't as he played their first cup game and that it was a different FA so nothing to do with England, he didn't reply. Cover up to the max, people just making excuses. Hope the truth comes out, for everyone involved.

Hi guys,

As you will see from my name im a Hibs fan. Just wanted to say I hope your club takes this all the way and demands answers from the powers that be, which they seem to be in the process of doing. If this has been proven to be the case and he should have been suspended I would expect the game to be replayed, and maybe this time Billy "goal machine" McKay will net the winner after that shocker of a miss on Saturday :smile:

• Agree 2

Hi guys,

As you will see from my name im a Hibs fan. Just wanted to say I hope your club takes this all the way and demands answers from the powers that be, which they seem to be in the process of doing. If this has been proven to be the case and he should have been suspended I would expect the game to be replayed, and maybe this time Billy "goal machine" McKay will net the winner after that shocker of a miss on Saturday :smile:

I'm glad we are following things up as we should, but the clamoring by hibs fans over this is pathetic.

This has nothing to do with you.

There is enough Hearts/Hibs pi*h on every single P&B thread without you bring it over here.

You got pumped 5-1. Get over it.

Hi guys,

I'm glad we are following things up as we should, but the clamoring by hibs fans over this is pathetic.

There is enough Hearts/Hibs pi*h on every single P&B thread without you bring it over here.

What a nice friendly welcome.

I think your going a bit over the top to be fair, Hibs fans are, as any fan would having a good old chuckle at the prospect of their rivals getting to a final then being forced to replay or worse thrown out (which IMO probably wont happen and may be wishful thinking), whats wrong with that?

• Agree 1

Hi guys,

Bit harsh!!!!

Hi guys,

What a nice friendly welcome.

I think your going a bit over the top to be fair, Hibs fans are, as any fan would having a good old chuckle at the prospect of their rivals getting to a final then being forced to replay or worse thrown out (which IMO probably wont happen and may be wishful thinking), whats wrong with that?

Yeah sorry, maybe a bit OTT there  :laugh:

I live in Edinburgh though and the Hearts/Hibs 'banter' is excruciating at best.

This all just comes across a wee bit petty and small by Hibs fans. It's been instigated and followed with more venom by Hibees than ourselves, the supposed wrong party.

I think most ICT fans have accepted we don't deserve to go to the final on that display, but we are within our rights to follow up what may have been an error and make sure this isn't just being brushed under the carpet.

Hi guys,

Bit harsh!!!!

Yeah, see above^. Still true though  :lol:

Yeah sorry, maybe a bit OTT there  :laugh:

I live in Edinburgh though and the Hearts/Hibs 'banter' is excruciating at best.

This all just comes across a wee bit petty and small by Hibs fans. It's been instigated and followed with more venom by Hibees than ourselves, the supposed wrong party.

I think most ICT fans have accepted we don't deserve to go to the final on that display, but we are within our rights to follow up what may have been an error and make sure this isn't just being brushed under the carpet.

Living in Edinburgh your going to be subjected to the Hibs / Hearts banter/chat, difficult to get away from.

I can see where you are coming from but surly you can understand why this would be well publicised and discussed on Hibs forums? Lets be honest its potentially a big deal, and to think Hearts could be punished as a result makes it a big deal. Obviously I wouldnt think it would be as discussed had it not been our rivals.

I totally agree you are within your rights to follow this up, get the clarity on it and move on, regardless of the outcome. I feel ICT have conducted themselves with alot of dignity on this matter so far, if it had been certain other clubs im not suire it would have been dealt with in the mannor ICT have so far.

The sad thing is I wouldnt be surprised if the SFA try to sweep it under the carpet and pan you guys of with some excuse and apology. After all our powers at be have a habit of making a balls of things so its anyones guess what will happen if indeed he was ineligable.

I wish you guys all the best whatever the outcome (just stop churning out so many good results and let us overtake you :wink: )

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/r/rangers/8580683.stm

Edited by HIBEE70
  • Agree 1

Come on lads, This is what we wanted publicity on the story, if fans from other clubs want to side with us it is all to the good.

Dont kill the goose that layed the golden egg.

A tremendous challenge from so many good posts on this forum/thread is doing wonders, Well done to you all,  excellent research too.

TogetherNess is paying off. I look forward to the outcome. Thank you.

• Agree 1

Taken from the official SFL League Cup rules (apologies if this has already been posted) - 

205673_10152447550515471_288469612_n.jpg

Says clearly that is the team's responsibility to make every possible assessment as to whether or not their players are eligible and says that an offending team may be disqualified.  

There's no way we can let this lie.

Edited by Renegade
  • Agree 1

Taken from the official SFL League Cup rules (apologies if this has already been posted) -    205673_10152447550515471_288469612_n.jpg   Says clearly that is the team's responsibility to make every possible assessment as to whether or not their players are eligible and says that an offending team may be disqualified.     There's no way we can let this lie.
Going by what the SFL said Hearts done the assessments and were given all clear. Hearts aren't in the wrong unless the player himself knew his suspension was not served and both parties carried on anyways cause SFA said he could.