FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Danny Wilson Ineligible?

Rumours spreading that Danny Wilson may have been ineligible for Hearts yesterday as he was sent off for Rangers in the last game he played in the competition three years ago. He wasn't on the SFA's published list of players who were ineligible to play in this weekend's games but the same list also says the following:

"IT DOES NOT DETAIL THE SUSPENSION OF ANY PLAYER WHO HAS BEEN UNREGISTERED FOR MORE THAN ONE SEASON  – THIS 
INFORMATION MUST BE CHECKED DIRECTLY WITH THE DISCIPLINARY DEPARTMENT."

The only other ways that Hearts could be in the right by playing him are if either:

- He was suspended for the next game for Rangers in the league (he obviously wasn't as he played in the next game for them)

Or

- Suspensions cross borders and it was served at his time at Liverpool (not sure of the rule for this)

Is this something the club should look at or mere straw clutching?  :confused:

Edited by Guest

Update: Probably nothing then, mods can lock this if they want.

"Re. Danny Wilson "suspension" rumours.. checked this out with SFA/SFL. Wasn't banned for yesterday, Hearts had pre-checked this.

English bans seem non-tournament specific. No ban listed at all on his international transfer certificate when he returned to Scotland."

Edited by Guest

Funnily enough, I was just reading the SFA's League Cup rules to see about this kind of thing.  Would the ban apply to all competitions (Ie - the  Scottish Cup as well), or just the League Cup?  The rules I was reading don't seem to say.

gaurdian newspapers ewen murray that well known jambo supporter from inverness

Guardian's Ewan Murray - Re. Danny Wilson "suspension" rumours.. checked this out with SFA/SFL. Wasn't banned for yesterday, Hearts had pre-checked this.English bans seem non-tournament specific. No ban listed at all on his international transfer certificate when he returned to Scotland.

gaurdian newspapers ewen murray that well known jambo supporter from inverness

Guardian's Ewan Murray - Re. Danny Wilson "suspension" rumours.. checked this out with SFA/SFL. Wasn't banned for yesterday, Hearts had pre-checked this.English bans seem non-tournament specific. No ban listed at all on his international transfer certificate when he returned to Scotland.

Did he check with these people today? I can just see a "suit" saying " Just hold on Ewan I'll just leave my seat at the Celtic- Saints game and check this for you"

ps Luke could you change your "banner" please. I'm trying to forget penalties.

Edited by Big G

For the first time find myself in agreement with the rodent journalist.

Danny Wilson's dismissal against St Mirren was a straight red so he would have served his suspension in the next league match. 

That's not right, he was not dismissed for Violent Conduct so the red card applies only to the League Cup and he served no suspension for it in any other competition (league or cup).

In short, he has never served a suspension for that red card.  What is unclear is if the suspension was still hanging over him or if time away from Scottish football some how saw it quashed.

I can find nothing to suggest it should/would be quashed...there's certainly no obvious precedents to suggest it would be.

I remember it being reported when Rangers tried to re-sign Daniel Cousin that he would miss the first game after he signed due to having picking up a suspension in his final Rangers game.  They must then carry over for league games - but is it the same for the League Cup?

Looking on Soccerbase(I know!)  it shows Wilson didn't play  the Scottish Cup game  v Dundee Utd after his sending off v St Mirren, but did play in the next league game v Hearts. This, http://m.stv.tv/sport/football/clubs/rangers/165252-why-is-kevin-thomson-banned-for-rangers-while-danny-wilson-is-available/ states that he would be banned for his next League cup game.  He then moves to Liverpool. He played in Liverpools 1st league cup tie, 2-2 draw v Northampton(Billy McKay scoring) and the following year , he played in league cup v Exeter.  So he played in his first 2 league cup ties that were played after his sending off.

So in conclusion, Either he was banned when playing for Liverpool, and they should face sanctions.  Or He should have been banned yesterday.

Now I have a headache I'm off to lie down!!

I remember it being reported when Rangers tried to re-sign Daniel Cousin that he would miss the first game after he signed due to having picking up a suspension in his final Rangers game.  They must then carry over for league games - but is it the same for the League Cup?

A suspension can't just magically disappear.

Nobody can show where it has been served, and everything indicates it was League Cup specific.

Over to the SFL/SFA to sort it out.

We should pursue it, the Jambo's are the biggest con men and cheats in the Scottish game.

Go for the jugular and forget our nice guy tags......

As for their keeper 'screaming' at Roberts before his penalty, how pathetic is that.

• Agree 2

Looking on Soccerbase(I know!)  it shows Wilson didn't play  the Scottish Cup game  v Dundee Utd after his sending off v St Mirren, but did play in the next league game v Hearts. This, http://m.stv.tv/sport/football/clubs/rangers/165252-why-is-kevin-thomson-banned-for-rangers-while-danny-wilson-is-available/ states that he would be banned for his next League cup game.  He then moves to Liverpool. He played in Liverpools 1st league cup tie, 2-2 draw v Northampton(Billy McKay scoring) and the following year , he played in league cup v Exeter.  So he played in his first 2 league cup ties that were played after his sending off.

So in conclusion, Either he was banned when playing for Liverpool, and they should face sanctions.  Or He should have been banned yesterday.

Now I have a headache I'm off to lie down!!

Soccerbase shows he did play that game

post-3-0-11295800-1359316003_thumb.gif

I've heard of players having to re-take spot-kicks and keeper's being booked because they do exactly what MacDonald did - scream at players. Unsporting Behaviour is how I understand it goes down as.

Seing suggestions it was served when Liverpool played Arsenal in the EPL in 2010 which would imply it wasn't tournament specific.

Edited by Guest

Seing suggestions it was served when Liverpool played Arsenal in the EPL in 2010 which would imply it wasn't tournament specific.

But his name was not on the suspension list for that week....suggesting he just didn't play.