FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Danny Wilson Ineligible?

http://www.scottishfa.co.uk/resources/documents/Disciplinary/CurrentSuspensions/Season2009/10/May2010/PlayerSuspensions/LOS45(27May).pdf

In the above link go to page 5. This shows that on the 27th May 2010 the SFA recognised that Daniel Wilson had a one match suspension to serve in the League Cup.

http://www.scottishfa.co.uk/resources/documents/Disciplinary/CurrentSuspensions/Season2010/11/July2010/PlayerSuspensions/LOS01(23-JUL).pdf

The next link is from the 23rd July 2010 in which going to page 4, Daniel Wilson no longer appears to be banned for one match in this competition by the SFA.

Therefore the SFA have recognised by the 23rd July 2010 that his ban has been served. Today they have stated that it was served in a Liverpool v Arsenal tie on the 14th August of the same year, how can this possibly be the case then if they had already removed the ban prior to this date?!

This is not any paper or press talk, these links are taken from the SFA's own website. They now have another question to answer to; I hope the club are seeing this and taking note.

When did he sign for Liverpool? If he was registered by Liverpool by then he would not appear on a SFA suspension list as he was registered by the FA.

http://www.scottishfa.co.uk/resources/documents/Disciplinary/CurrentSuspensions/Season2009/10/May2010/PlayerSuspensions/LOS45(27May).pdf

In the above link go to page 5. This shows that on the 27th May 2010 the SFA recognised that Daniel Wilson had a one match suspension to serve in the League Cup.

http://www.scottishfa.co.uk/resources/documents/Disciplinary/CurrentSuspensions/Season2010/11/July2010/PlayerSuspensions/LOS01(23-JUL).pdf

The next link is from the 23rd July 2010 in which going to page 4, Daniel Wilson no longer appears to be banned for one match in this competition by the SFA.

Therefore the SFA have recognised by the 23rd July 2010 that his ban has been served. Today they have stated that it was served in a Liverpool v Arsenal tie on the 14th August of the same year, how can this possibly be the case then if they had already removed the ban prior to this date?!

This is not any paper or press talk, these links are taken from the SFA's own website. They now have another question to answer to; I hope the club are seeing this and taking note.

When did he sign for Liverpool? If he was registered by Liverpool by then he would not appear on a SFA suspension list as he was registered by the FA.

There are other players who had moved on to other clubs and it says beside their suspension (Formerly of Club X) so it should still be detailed in this as it is a list of suspensions.

Therefore the SFA have recognised by the 23rd July 2010 that his ban has been served. Today they have stated that it was served in a Liverpool v Arsenal tie on the 14th August of the same year, how can this possibly be the case then if they had already removed the ban prior to this date?!

There are other players who had moved on to other clubs and it says beside their suspension (Formerly of Club X) so it should still be detailed in this as it is a list of suspensions.

Not trying to be annoying but I think the player (formally of) did not register in another country but were simply unregistered having left or been let go by clubs.

Edited by Big G

We dont have the inside knowledge of how it all works  but Im assuming that the FA and SFA just love paperwork.

If our club have to submit signed paperwork to state that a player is serving a ban then ICT know there will be a paper trail relating to this.

If ICT receive paperwork, informing them of a player being banned then the paper trail also exists.

What happens with regards to suspensions throughout the season  is the club supposed to work it out  or are they informed, I spoke to a player and he didnt have a clue how far he was away from missing a match, so someone must send out the info.

I think its highly likely that there is no paperwork as there was no suspension,  by failing to provide paperwork proving that he was suspended then we know  that the ban wasnt served  but probably got lost in the system,  just saying he was suspended isnt good enough,

The second link you provided is listing suspensions that occurred between 2 dates. Wilson's sending off was before that date, hence why it's not listed.

Any disciplinary suspension imposed on a player prior to a transfer must be 
enforced or applied by the new association at which the player is registered. 
The former association is obliged to notify the new association of any sanction 
in writing and upon issuing the ITC.

Does seem to support the SFA after all but it is not clear if the suspension is the very first game that the player could play.  

There is a pretty good explanation here guys...

http://scottishleague.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&p=21518 and I am sold.

I think it is time to put this to rest like the club has done so.  The Scottish Cup Final is only 270 minutes away  :clapoverhead:

I'm sold too. Glad it was investigated fully though.

From that link:

"so in effect Danny Wilson's ban was served in the first league match of the season, at home to Arsenal on 15 August 2010."

But what if it wasn't 'served'.  No reports mention there was any suspensions in that game.  Yes, he didn't play.  If he was just merely not included in the squad, but wasn't listed as suspended he then did not serve a suspension.  So in effect, the suspension would still stand. 

Media report suggest that there was no suspension for that game.  One media report even mentions Wilson could feature. 

Of course, if the SFA were to get hold of the official documentation then they could prove it.  But they have not published it.  I assume because if they did publish it, it would tell us what most of us already suspect. 

Seems pretty clear to me after reading that link but what I don't understand is that Wilson played a reserve game before the Arsenal game. Does a reserve game count as a domestic game? 

This whole investigation has never really been about putting Hearts out of the cup or getting a replay -  all we want is a perfect explanation to clear it up. I still think a statement with necessary documents from the FA would really put it to bed. I know fans have been writing and phoning the FA for said documents but they refer you back to the SFA - so obviously it's going to go round in circles. 

Hey look, rules in the Scottish League Constitution: http://www.scottishfootballleague.com/docs/009__034__constitution__rules__SFL_Constitution__Rules__1346425915.pdf

123.2.10 During the period of the temporary transfer, the player will not participate in 
either the Scottish Football League Cup Competition, Scottish Football 
League Challenge Competition or the Scottish Football Association 
Challenge Cup Competition, without the prior written consent of the lending 
club.

Where is the prior written consent from Liverpool?  I want to see it.

Just kidding Jambos, you won!   :cry:  :notworthy:
  • Agree 1

To state the obvious:  looks as though the SFA made a clerical error,which was found out, thus probably a frantic 2 hours work done by some lawyer and lackys to find a way out,  (which the English FA rules and the coincidental fact that Wilson wasnt picked in his first game has allowed) and thus the SFA tweets it to nip it in the bud and appear all cool.  Hearts weren't to know so can't be blamed.  ICT probably don't want to pursue it as it would involve lengthy and costly legal action with the English FA, Liverpool, SFA, Hearts all  involved.  It would be a phyrric victory.  But the SFA haven't fooled anyone.

Pretty sure someone put up a guardian link to that game and Wilson is on the subs bench. You can't be on the subs bench, unused or not if your serving a suspension. Seems like liverpool could be in the wrong, or the SFA never notified the FA, which certainly seems the more likely scenario.

Something was niggling me in bed early this morning...

...but enough of that. So does this mean, come the end of the season, if (as is pefectly plausible) Foran and McKay have league suspensions for the first 2 games of 13/14 that we can just 'loan' them to a team playing in a summer league, wait for that team to play a couple of games - not forgetting to announce that they would've been picked if not for the suspension - cancel the loan deal and be hunky dory for next season's SPL game 1. The players wouldn't even need to get off their Phuket hammocks.

This could catch on.

Something was niggling me in bed early this morning...

...but enough of that. So does this mean, come the end of the season, if (as is pefectly plausible) Foran and McKay have league suspensions for the first 2 games of 13/14 that we can just 'loan' them to a team playing in a summer league, wait for that team to play a couple of games - not forgetting to announce that they would've been picked if not for the suspension - cancel the loan deal and be hunky dory for next season's SPL game 1. The players wouldn't even need to get off their Phuket hammocks.

This could catch on.

Hearts could use it with their players suspended for the final.  Mad Vlad lends them to a Lithuanian team for a week or two, they just stay at home and hey presto, full squad for the final!

Pretty sure someone put up a guardian link to that game and Wilson is on the subs bench. You can't be on the subs bench, unused or not if your serving a suspension. Seems like liverpool could be in the wrong, or the SFA never notified the FA, which certainly seems the more likely scenario.

The Guardian would wrong if they had Wilson named. Came across the Sky Sports match live on this game Wilson is not mentioned as a sub.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/live/match/221140/teams

TBF if Inverness CT are quite happy there was no infringment then maybe its time to drop it and move on.