FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Safe

Flower

After todays result we are now mathematically safe from relegation. :ictscarf:

That is the first objective for this season achieved.

Next is top six :ictscarf:

3 points from our next 3 games should be enuff to secure top 6 (all things being well)

Interesting stuff from a psychological perspective - a clear case that the large majority of us are actually concerned and worried. Again we could nay should be practically out of sight by now and be heading fer Hampden this week. Given our expectations at the beginning of this season we have had as sucessful a SPL campaign as we ever have done. Given our performances in 2012 we have probably massively underachieved. What is keeping us all going is the fact that it is all still very close at the top of the league. We have been significantly helped by the fact that everybody is drawing with each other and/or results have really gone our way. Personally I am not confident BUT lets face it - 2or 3 results, irrespective of the performance will change it all again.

9th bottom of the league and 25 points ahead of relegation, it was a close run thing there.

.tumblr_mip79gC6wY1s4zq2io1_500.gif

Not sitting to comfortably with this relegation predicament we were in, but then I did put too many Jalapenos in my chili last night.

Looking at the table as it stands right now the bottom three cannot make top six. Of the next three Dundee United possibly have the most realistic chance of making it. We have six points on Killie but they have a very difficult awayday to Dingwall so I dont envisage them being a threat. Aberdeen have an awayday to Celtic and DU and based on performances I dont see them getting more than a point from those fixtures.

Our next three games are against County, Hibs and St Johnstone and that is where our destiny lies. It is in our own hands which position we are in at the split but it wont be bottom six.

• Agree 1

Our position has been helped by Euan Norris's  fine decision not to award a goal to Hibs following Griffith's free kick.  Makes a nice change to say "well done" to a referee!

BBC : "Former Grade One referee Kenny Clark says the match officials who failed to award a goal in Sunday's Edinburgh derby were following correct protocols."

It's a bit like saying that when Mrs Huhne took her husband's driving penalty points, she signed the form in the right place, using the right colour of biro.

• Agree 4

Well whoop de feckin do! We can't win a raffle and Cunty are above us in the league..... Excuse me if I don't get too excited.

Rather than celebrate the positives and achievements this season beyond expectations back in August, seems that some are more interested in our neighbours failing and doing worse. No matter what we do so long as its better than County - there are 2 groups of fans with that attitude in Glasgow, we are better than that!!!

• Agree 2

I agree with bdu98196's post above. Top 6 has long been our aim and to actually realise it would be a massive thing. If County finish higher, then so-be-it. This 'shadow' thing should be confined to the school playground.

Dundee derby finishes 1 - 1 so I believe we are now certain of a top six finish   :clapoverhead: :clapoverhead: :clapoverhead: :clapoverhead: :clapoverhead: :clapoverhead: :clapoverhead: :clapoverhead: :clapoverhead: :clapoverhead: :clapoverhead: :clapoverhead:

Dundee derby finishes 1 - 1 so I believe we are now certain of a top six finish   :clapoverhead: :clapoverhead: :clapoverhead: :clapoverhead: :clapoverhead: :clapoverhead: :clapoverhead: :clapoverhead: :clapoverhead: :clapoverhead: :clapoverhead: :clapoverhead:

Dundee Utd, Aberdeen and Hibs can't finish higher than us at the split, so yes.

Well whoop de feckin do! We can't win a raffle and Cunty are above us in the league..... Excuse me if I don't get too excited.

Rather than celebrate the positives and achievements this season beyond expectations back in August, seems that some are more interested in our neighbours failing and doing worse. No matter what we do so long as its better than County - there are 2 groups of fans with that attitude in Glasgow, we are better than that!!!

Well excuse me for sticking my tongue firmly in my cheek and making a wise crack, so does that now officially make me a bigot?!?!

Some posters on here really do need to get out more often..............